May 16, 2021, 01:10:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South river, near limehouse cove report June 20/21  (Read 5974 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »

Going down to my grandpaís house with my boat today and tomorrow going to be crabbing. Wish me luck, this area is running so I should be good. Just using 4 topless traps, not using 1000' trotline. I'm going to start shallow and go deeper if I donít catch anything.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 01:23:38 PM »

good luck . better take along some rain gear.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:51:42 PM »

Good Luck Youngster...

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »

Good luck BF, hope you find em.
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 04:21:33 PM »

Good luck, and BE CAREFUL!  (read the afore in Mom tones)

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.

captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »

Going down to my grandpaís house with my boat today and tomorrow going to be crabbing. Wish me luck, this area is running so I should be good. Just using 4 topless traps, not using 1000' trotline. I'm going to start shallow and go deeper if I donít catch anything.
bf,   Check the weather for tomorrow before you go out...    Looks like it may be windy...

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
crabtracker

Mook Want Crab!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 06:33:14 PM »

go bf go!!! stack em like they are bricks!! yes have a great time. Wink

only a fool fights in a burning house
a Man will walk into [Sam Hill] with his eyes wide open,
 but even the Devil can't fool a Dog.
crabnrich

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

good luck! and take some pics if you get a chance!
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »

Forgot to take pictures today, maybe pictures tomorrow. I caught 4 male crabs today, one female that I released. A small rock fish that I released, one small spot that I released, and a bigger spot about 8" that I cut up for the crabs. Crabs and the spot are in my live box. It was real windy earlier in the day then it calmed down around sunset. Going back tomorrow after church. Left my boat down there tied up. My cousin Chris is 3 years old and I was showing him a crab. The crab was in the bushel basket and my older sister and I were talking and Chris put his hand in the basket with the crab! Chris touched the crab without the crab pinching him, and the crab was trying to pinch him. I got Chris's hand out of there before he got pinched. Today was also my first time launching a boat at a boat ramp; luckily I had my Grandpa there, no mistakes.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 09:57:02 PM »

Nice . WTG.  Wink

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 09:49:59 PM »

I will have some pictures tomorrow. Caught one crab today, lost one topless trap. So I ran only 3 traps today pulled them 5 times. So it was only 15 traps that I checked. My grandpa's nice neighbors gave us 4 crabs from their pots. So it was 9 totals, steamed them up and ate them when we got home. The people that were there was my Grandpa, Mom, Dad, little sister and I. My Uncle, Aunt, and their daughters Breath, Lidia, and Abby. My other set of Cousins, Kara, Dave, and their kids, Chris, and Mackenzie. When I got back from taking my Uncle out up to the oyster sanctuary west of Lime house Cove. My grandpa's friend Donnie Neuenberger was their dono how long he was their because we were out for almost two hours. Left soon after and left the boat, also I left my shoes!  Angry I have to wear my old shoes until I get my shoes back....Oh well...Good day over all instead of me losing a crab trap.

CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:14:04 PM »

GL,you might wanna run that line.Just think,you could run 100 necks 5 times.That like 500 traps laugh laugh 8)Have fun.

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 11:20:53 PM »

Nice report . can't wait to see your pictures. sounds like you had a good time with your family , thats what it is all about.  Wink

dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »

Good job BF....How did you lose the trap??
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 09:57:23 AM »

Good job BF....How did you lose the trap??

I have no idea, my uncle and I checked the three traps real quick, and put them back in. Then I took him for a run up to the oyster sanctuary. We where gone for about two hours. When we got back there was only two left. The knot was strong and we dumped it in an area that I know the depths are fine.

dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 11:04:45 AM »

Soungs like you LOST a trap and someone else may have found a trap. That stinks Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
hightop

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 11:05:02 AM »

I have no idea, my uncle and I checked the three traps real quick, and put them back in. Then I took him for a run up to the oyster sanctuary. We where gone for about two hours. When we got back there was only two left. The knot was strong and we dumped it in an area that I know the depths are fine.

Some fool probably ran over it.

Crabbin' in the river will probably pick up again if we can go a few days without a torrential thunderstorm, and all the cold runoff which spills into the river.
ycrazfor

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »

Nice report BF cant wait to see the pictures keep it up and enjoy your summer
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 02:09:18 PM »

BF,

good job yaking and crabbing.. glad at least you got 4 more crabs than me right now.. laugh

I guess you learned an important thing not to leave your gear out of site too long......unfortunately folks can take em sometimes......  I gues they figure if they grab 1 a day in a season they jut picked up a rig......  that sucks though it it did get taken.....  course maybe a knot came un tied or you threw it in  deep spot and your floats didn't float it.  I heighly recommend using floats big enough to float your traps....look forward to your pics...

MD / PA Line

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home