May 16, 2021, 02:58:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A THIRD YEAR OF REGULATIONS May 25, 2010  (Read 3705 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« on: June 07, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »

8.  PUBLIC HEARING:  Consideration of final blue crab regulations, including closure of the crab dredge fishery for the 2010/2011 season, continuation of the crabbing license sales moratorium, and repeal of the prohibition on the harvest of dark sponge crabs from July 1-July 15.  THE COMMISSION UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED A THIRD YEAR OF REGULATIONS TO REBUILD THE BLUE CRAB STOCK, INCLUDING CLOSURE OF THE WINTER DREDGE FISHERY FOR ANOTHER YEAR AND CONTINUING THE MORATORIUM ON THE SALE OF NEW COMMERCIAL CRAB LICENSES.  ONE REGULATION CHANGE ALLOWS WATERMEN TO KEEP DARK SPONGE CRABS AS OF JULY 1, INSTEAD OF JULY 15.  FISHERIES CHIEF JACK TRAVELSTEAD NOTED THAT THE BAY-WIDE CRAB POPULATION HAS DOUBLED SINCE THE REBUILDING PROGRAM BEGAN TWO YEARS AGO, ANNUAL HARVESTS HAVE INCREASED, AND THE DOCKSIDE VALUE OF THE HARVESTED CRABS HAS NEARLY DOUBLED.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:09:30 AM »

8.  PUBLIC HEARING:  Consideration of final blue crab regulations, including closure of the crab dredge fishery for the 2010/2011 season, continuation of the crabbing license sales moratorium, and repeal of the prohibition on the harvest of dark sponge crabs from July 1-July 15.  THE COMMISSION UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED A THIRD YEAR OF REGULATIONS TO REBUILD THE BLUE CRAB STOCK, INCLUDING CLOSURE OF THE WINTER DREDGE FISHERY FOR ANOTHER YEAR AND CONTINUING THE MORATORIUM ON THE SALE OF NEW COMMERCIAL CRAB LICENSES.  ONE REGULATION CHANGE ALLOWS WATERMEN TO KEEP DARK SPONGE CRABS AS OF JULY 1, INSTEAD OF JULY 15.  FISHERIES CHIEF JACK TRAVELSTEAD NOTED THAT THE BAY-WIDE CRAB POPULATION HAS DOUBLED SINCE THE REBUILDING PROGRAM BEGAN TWO YEARS AGO, ANNUAL HARVESTS HAVE INCREASED, AND THE DOCKSIDE VALUE OF THE HARVESTED CRABS HAS NEARLY DOUBLED.

Really..... Roll Eyes 

Now the search begins...
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:13 AM »

good read.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Crabslayer
Supporting Member

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »

AND THE DOCKSIDE VALUE OF THE HARVESTED CRABS HAS NEARLY DOUBLED.

By who's guesstimate?   Roll Eyes

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:44:40 AM »

Can't say that I have seen that up here...... Angry

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:24 PM »

You can listen to the discussion here ->
http://www.mrc.state.va.us/Commission_Summaries/cs0510.shtm
[Audio Item 8]

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home