July 11, 2020, 03:29:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's in a screen name?  (Read 18236 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2019, 11:49:10 AM »

125blackfire....  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh clown clown clown clown

who remembers that saga?

ME!!!!!!!!   laugh laugh laugh laugh

Funny you should say that, I remember some of his posts and when they had talked about 4 different crabbers drowning last weekend, he came back to mind.   Sad Sad Sad Sad

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2019, 11:50:05 AM »

Who could ever forget him..  laugh  I think he joined the Navy and got lost at sea on his bicycle.  laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2019, 11:51:19 AM »

But I bet the navy ship he was on had the best stereo

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

oh, the stories he had....   Grin Grin

CaptWilliecrab
Lifetime Member

A great way to live a day!

Williecrab S Wilson Capt Williecrab

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2019, 02:05:40 PM »

Capt Williecrab

Way back in late 80's or early 90's,  when we got our first computer,  I began to write little reports of what I caught and where I caught and how much fun I had and sent it to many of my friends.   I started out as just Capt Willie.    Then I realized since I have been a crab fanatic since I was about 12,  I would just add crab to my name.  

Now I hated school,  the only thing I cared about was Gym class and many times skipping school and going canoeing.  The only subject I paid much attention to was English Lit and two years of typing.  

Back then,  parents really pushed to go to college.   That was a good thing,  and I have a brother and sister who are both doctors, they liked college.   I however,  only lasted one semester in college.  The only subject I got any credits in was English comp.

I went on to write in the third person,  Capt Williecrab creek explorer into the 21'rst century.   I wasn't paying attention to the fact it became the 21'rst century.   Someone wrote to me and told me it was now the 21'rst century.

The main reason I write in the third person is I did not want to keep typing in  I did this and I did that.   The other reason,  when I am on the creeks,  I am a third person.  I become an explorer and navigator.

I always used creek explorer in the title because when I began to learn the creek maze,  there were no cell phones or even navigation tools.   I spent a lot of days completely lost, stuck and figuring out how to get home,  that's how I learned the creeks,  I loved every bit of it.  

Until this posting,  I never thought much about it,  but it sure has been a lot of fun.  One of the greatest things about all this,  is when I discovered there were hundreds of other crab fanatics beside me.  I never realized it until I got on this forum,  and I was here at the beginning and have lots of friends and shared a lot of adventures with many of them.

Capt Williecrab, creek explorer in the 21'rst century

Pic 2 is Williecrab heading for camp,  little brother went on to become an eye doctor in Lynchburg Virginia.   Both are happy

Note:  I started at the beginning of the forum,  my name was always just Williecrab,  then I forgot my password and started again with Capt Williecrab,  last 2  pics are from a long time ago.
shtoong

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2019, 05:31:17 PM »

My screen name came from a Monty Python skit. At least I think it did. I tried to google it and nothing came up. Usually the interwebs finds every obscure reference. Maybe I just made it up. Shtoong!

Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »

Don't forget taking the doors of the Jeep, I think. And his cousin who was always getting him in trouble.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

oh, the stories he had....   Grin Grin

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2019, 08:49:56 PM »

Don't forget taking the doors of the Jeep, I think. And his cousin who was always getting him in trouble.

Hahahahah I forgot about that. 

I don't have the vocabulary to describe how terrible his spelling was. 

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2019, 08:56:21 PM »

Ya gotta admit... Matt keeps on giving.....  Grin laugh
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 06:51:10 AM by jack1747 » Logged

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2019, 09:11:35 PM »

There is something to be said for the way he kept coming back after being roasted time and time again.  He either didnít get the sarcasm or it didnít effect him.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
Wallco99

« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2019, 09:44:49 PM »

Hahahahah I forgot about that.  

I don't have the vocabulary to describe how terrible his spelling was.  

There is something to be said for the way he kept coming back after being roasted time and time again.  He either didnít get the sarcasm or it didnít effect him.

Do you mean like typing "effect" when you really meant "AFFECT"? LOL.

** Rick-apedia rule #5**

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2019, 10:17:13 PM »

Anyone remember Timaeus or Catbird?    Tongue laugh

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2019, 10:44:39 PM »

Ya to admit... Matt keeps on giving.....  Grin laugh
One of favorites was him posting his phone number and you warned him of predators and to not post that

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2019, 10:45:55 PM »

Old catbird and his famous 11 inch crab. Too bad he left the camera on the bumper of his truck and pulled away losing the evidence for ever

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2019, 06:49:33 AM »

How could I forget.................

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2019, 09:22:43 AM »

There is something to be said for the way he kept coming back after being roasted time and time again.  He either didnít get the sarcasm or it didnít effect him.

he definitely was not a snowflake.....  He could take the teasing.   Grin Grin

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2019, 09:23:03 AM »

Old catbird and his famous 11 inch crab. Too bad he left the camera on the bumper of his truck and pulled away losing the evidence for ever

Another one you couldn't forget...Ö  Grin

bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2019, 12:15:19 PM »

When I bought my last boat I wanted to give her a good and catchy  name hence " FISHHOOK1 "  so I just added the BG in front of it and came up with " BGFISHHOOK1 " ! What better name to give a fishing vessel than " FISHHOOK " Huh

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »

Another one you couldn't forget...Ö  Grin

Duane I can relate to putting anything on the outside of a vehicle. That is the first thing that I taught my Grandsons when I caught one of them putting a fishing rod on the back bumper of my truck. I told them " NEVER PUT ANYTHING ON THE OUTSIDE OF A VEHICLE " unless you don't want it anymore ! I told them about a guy that was driving down the road in front of me and I spotted a nice pair of BINOCULAR'S on the roof of his car. I was blowing my horn until he pulled off the side of the road , he got out of his car and walked over to my truck and said " WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM BUDDY ? "  I said pointing to his car " DID YOU FORGET SOMETHING " ? He looked at his car and said THANKS, I WAS LOOKING AT SOME DEER AND LEFT THEM ON THE ROOF " I said you are lucky that they are rubber coated that is why they stayed right where you laid them.

BGFISHHOOK1

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home