June 18, 2018, 03:05:44 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maryland To Buy Back LCC'S  (Read 10799 times)
Tom Powers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »

Crabslayer. . .

Which facts. . .

The fact that no specific regulatory action has been put in place regarding those that do not sell only warnings about what MIGHT happen, which, by the way, I feel is bad form but not something that can be taken to court?

The fact that the program is voluntary and no one is REQUIRED to sell their permit.

The fact that VA had a dramatic growth in the permitted pots between 1999 and 2003?

The fact that stake holders (i.e. commercial watermen) kept asking for more permits and VMRC staff recommended against issuing them?

The rest of the post is "a lot of folks opinions" or my opinion (i.e. I would bet) and is clearly stated as such.

Reds. 

Surveys were done in VA and  the rec harvest was estimated as about 5% of the overall harvest. 

BTW I agree that a recreational crabber ought to be limited to 1 Bu per vessel per day.
reds

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 05:14:36 AM »

Reds.  

Surveys were done in VA and  the rec harvest was estimated as about 5% of the overall harvest.  

BTW I agree that a recreational crabber ought to be limited to 1 Bu per vessel per day.

Again. This thread is not about Virginia.

Surveys taken by Smithsonian Research indicate 35% rec harvest in Maryland. Latent Effort in hiding......  
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2009, 07:31:14 AM »

The whole thing is a crock thats just diverting attention away from the real problems.  It makes no sense at all to attack those that have the least amount of impact on the resource the hardest.  If crabs are down that bad, cut everybody off like they did the rock.  I don't want to hear about protecting full-time watermen.  Just what makes anyone a full time waterman?  What percentage of your income must come off the water that makes you full-time?  Where is it written?  What other occupation is afforded protection by the State?

the banking industry, automobile industry....  Wink

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »

Crabslayer. . .

Which facts. . .

The fact that no specific regulatory action has been put in place regarding those that do not sell only warnings about what MIGHT happen, which, by the way, I feel is bad form but not something that can be taken to court?

The fact that the program is voluntary and no one is REQUIRED to sell their permit.

The fact that VA had a dramatic growth in the permitted pots between 1999 and 2003?

The fact that stake holders (i.e. commercial watermen) kept asking for more permits and VMRC staff recommended against issuing them?

The rest of the post is "a lot of folks opinions" or my opinion (i.e. I would bet) and is clearly stated as such.

Reds. 

Surveys were done in VA and  the rec harvest was estimated as about 5% of the overall harvest. 

If only allowed 1 bushel per boat...People will go solo and their friends will take thier boat also...More people, more pollution,more people at ramps, same amount of crabs taken. Wink

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
csbooher

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 07:20:33 AM »

Just heard on NPR that Maryland buy back program didn't get the response they wanted Smiley

something like 590 sent offers to them , but all wanted too much so they are rejecting all the offers.

they are going to use a set price of $ 2,260 for future offers.

stupid

they aren't going to get a single license at this rate lol

25' Privateer

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 07:26:28 AM »

Just heard on NPR that Maryland buy back program didn't get the response they wanted Smiley

something like 590 sent offers to them , but all wanted too much so they are rejecting all the offers.

they are going to use a set price of $ 2,260 for future offers.

stupid

they aren't going to get a single license at this rate lol

That is higher then I thought they would offer.  My guess was somewhere's in the neighborhood of $1,250 - $1,500.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
csbooher

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:55 AM »

I would of picked up a lcc if i could get it for that much.  laugh

computer rifle

25' Privateer
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »

I would of picked up a lcc if i could get it for that much.  laugh

computer rifle

by DNR's rules, you have to pay at least $2k.  If you find one for less then that, you better snatch and run if it is active.  Active being the key word.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home