December 16, 2019, 08:59:23 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Crabs in Hoboken, Bayonne ,surrounding areas?  (Read 10588 times)
crabEgurl

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 07:30:08 PM »

Was I the only one who heard of the washed up syringes and medical waste that was found in that area a few weeks ago??? It was on the news. YUCK!!! I know there are crabs, but I would NOT eat them!! But you should not take advice from me, I have gone crabbing 4 times so far this year and have only caught 3 Cry I am curious to see how you make out. Please let us know if you go there AND if you eat them. Best of luck!
Crabbadabbado

My Little Crabbers! FBook: Lawrence Krewer Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 09:48:19 AM »

don't do it!!! this is what happened to me after eating crabs from an area I was not supposed to!!!!!

Facebook: Lawrence Krewer Jr.
If you see a guy with a mohawk while crabbing... it is most likely me  Smiley
jason22
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 12:30:17 PM »

i grew up in that area of jersey.we used to crab the hackensack river,right off the belleville pike in kearney.but back then in the 1980's there were no advisories or signs.it was 1 of my favorite spots.i must have eaten hundreds,if not thousands of crabs from there over the years.since they put up the signs all along that area i wouldn't risk eating any more from there.if you ask me its worth the extra gas and driving time to take a ride down to barnegat bay just to be safe.

Hey BIGCRABCT, you grow up in Kearny?  I live right there in NA and my grandfather use to crab down there for years when I was younger.  Most of the area is blocked off now and overgrown so there isn't much access to the meadows.  I still wonder if there are crabs flourishing in that area since people aren't aloud to eat or catch them anymore.  One of these days when I am bored and stuck up north I may need to check that out. 

"It is what it is"
saltysenior

ex-wye rat---who now C B C

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 01:21:57 PM »

Hey BIGCRABCT, you grow up in Kearny?  I live right there in NA and my grandfather use to crab down there for years when I was younger.  Most of the area is blocked off now and overgrown so there isn't much access to the meadows.  I still wonder if there are crabs flourishing in that area since people aren't aloud to eat or catch them anymore.  One of these days when I am bored and stuck up north I may need to check that out. 

kearney   '38 to '52 --  I  grew up at 833 harrison ave....last house on the south side of harrison ave. before the dumps [meadows]........Kostek's tavern [foot of schuyler ave,now mex.] was where the young men hung out...they crabbed in the passaic riv ,about where i-95 crosses now...as younger boys my gang were not allowed go w/ them because they crossed the 3rd rail on the hudson tubes...but we would go during the week...didn't catch much...killies on a wire ring & a dip net.....when they where going to cook a lot of crabs at the bar they would drive east on harrison to the hacky and crab off the railroad bridge......for a real treat once or twice a summer they would drive to the pristine waters of union beach w/ seines.....i remember us younger guys waiting on sun. afternoons for them to get back to the bar, so we could see the catch....crabs ,eels,fish and what ever.....nothing was thrown back........no body ever got sick...

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home