October 22, 2019, 12:50:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush and Gunpowder Rivers 7-21-9  (Read 6036 times)
badbean

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:13:15 AM »

This morning the Bush had a single boat out on it, same one I saw yesterday morning in the same spot crabbing. Maybe he has found a honey hole? As I  passed over the Gunpowder I counted 5 boats out there. All of them small john boats except for one that looked like a bowrider. They were all bunched up on the inside cove of Maxwell point towards Swaderick Creek. Seems the boats have been moving away from the back of the river and more toward the mouth of the river now.

That is all!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin (attributed)

Lord please help me become the person my dog thinks I am!
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:18:19 AM »

Thanks BB, another interesting report.
German82407
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:22:05 AM »

Well done bean.  Thanks for the report
simonsam

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »

Long live the Bean!!

a bad day  crabbing is better then a good day at work.
Corndog

Juz look at em'

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:29:37 AM »

BRAVO !

Money cant buy you happiness....But it CAN put you in a yacht big enough to pull up next to it !!!!!

crabnrich

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »

sounds like those boats are on the crab!
BOTTOM FEEDER
Lifetime Member

GUNPOWDER PIRATE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 09:51:26 PM »

was your train the 5:30 pm return ?   I mooned that one hoped it was your train  Grin

Many good seamen go down the drain....I happen to be a lucky one
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:27 AM »

was your train the 5:30 pm return ?   I mooned that one hoped it was your train  Grin

AT LEAST TRY TO BE NICE

bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry bigcry
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:47:20 AM by Potty Mouth » Logged

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
badbean

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:58:34 AM »

Nope I am already across the river and home before then. '

Interesting this morning (wednesday) when I crossed I saw a commercial guy out on the Gunpowder running a trotline. It was a white Parker boat and looked like he already had a couple baskets. Do those guys need a special lic. with the GP being federal waters?

Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 08:40:12 AM »

Interesting this morning (wednesday) when I crossed I saw a commercial guy out on the Gunpowder running a trotline. It was a white Parker boat and looked like he already had a couple baskets.  

What do you ride the freight train or something?  That's a lot of details for a train fly by.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:51:37 AM by Dr Phildo » Logged

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »

thats funny....

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
badbean

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 08:53:30 AM »

What do you ride the freight train or something?  That's a lot of details for a train fly by.

Actually the train slows down some when it crosses bridges and you'd be surprised at what you can see when you are elevated and observant. Besides that com. guy wasn't too far and Parkers are pretty distinctive.

Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 09:00:35 AM »

I think you must be on this train... laugh laugh laugh
badbean

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 09:02:30 AM »

Good one!

laugh

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 09:07:09 AM »

i like it.  Wink laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 10:08:58 AM »

Another intersting point/observation there, if you are local to the area, you know [dang] sure that it is VERY difficult to see what's going on at Maxwell point from the train bridge never the less count baskets on a boat over there.  The point off #13 cuts off the view of Maxwell from the bridge for the whole Baltimore County side of the bridge anyway.  I wouldn't be surprised if the reports are a blend of fiction and a map showing the names of the points and the creeks in the area.  But, most commercial dudes are not going to run a Parker for commercial crabbing purposes.  Just an LCC if anything was even there...  As for federal waters, yes a comm needs a special license to crab fed. water... some members here that have corresponded in these threads lately actually have that license... not much of the area that you need to crab in is Fed. water ..... I been here a long time and fish the bridge a lot.  We always get the train drivers to blow the whistle as they cross (which they should be doing anyway).  But, never saw the Amtrak acela commuter train doing much less than 40-60 mph... pretty much never... and I see it almost daily... whaterver... wastin my breath again lol   blah blah blah
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:12:50 AM by Potty Mouth » Logged

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
crabeezle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »

that not a train thats a crabber,

skill does not come free.
mistakes are not easily forgotten...
but pride is forever
badbean

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »

It has become sad state of affairs that those so obvious wanting to suppress freely shared information about crabbing the Gunpowder River will go to such great lengths to do so.

First they wanted me to put my reports in the private section lest some nonpaying person might learn something of value that they feel they do not deserve. When that failed they tried to have the reports themselves eliminated by crying foul. When that failed they tried ridicule and sarcasm in an effort to stifle that information. Then they tried to attach some sort of moral code to public reports where none genuinely exist. Now that badgering has failed they resort to discrediting my reports and insinuate I am lying. I am offended by their behavior. There is surely a zealous effort being put forth by some individuals to prevent me from reporting what I see on public waters and one must wonder why they would go to such extrodinary efforts to prevent it? Is it to protect you the reader from some nefarious plot or could it be to protect their selfish greed and protectionism? I think the later. It would seem some people feel because they regularly use a river or perhaps live upon that body of water they are endowed with special rights and jurisdiction over it, including information concerning such. And when they see something that might attractive others to it they resort to unsavory tactics to diminish that attraction. Those of such despicable character should be ashamed of themselves and reevaluate their behavior.

The Gunpowder River is a popular public destination for crabbing. This forum is a mechanism for sharing information concerning the pursuit of crabbing. Some people come here to share or glean information to help them make a more informed crabber, while others come obviously here to cause dissention and obstruct and offer nothing of benefit. I would like to share to help make your crabbing trip a better informed one and I am often in a unique position to do so. I can only pray that my detractors can rise above their petty inclinations.

Surely their life is not so shallow and they have better things to do than pick at me and my reports.

phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »

Another intersting point/observation there, if you are local to the area, you know [dang] sure that it is VERY difficult to see what's going on at Maxwell point from the train bridge never the less count baskets on a boat over there.  The point off #13 cuts off the view of Maxwell from the bridge for the whole Baltimore County side of the bridge anyway.  I wouldn't be surprised if the reports are a blend of fiction and a map showing the names of the points and the creeks in the area.  But, most commercial dudes are not going to run a Parker for commercial crabbing purposes.  Just an LCC if anything was even there...  As for federal waters, yes a comm needs a special license to crab fed. water... some members here that have corresponded in these threads lately actually have that license... not much of the area that you need to crab in is Fed. water ..... I been here a long time and fish the bridge a lot.  We always get the train drivers to blow the whistle as they cross (which they should be doing anyway).  But, never saw the Amtrak acela commuter train doing much less than 40-60 mph... pretty much never... and I see it almost daily... whaterver... wastin my breath again lol   blah blah blah

When observed from google earth, it is quite possible to see maxwell pt, from the train (fairly easily infact),   but maybe from the water it looks more difficult than it really is. Thanks for the report.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:14:47 AM by phillyfireman » Logged
metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »

i saw you fly by bb, his report is exactly what he said he saw. there were 5 boats all inside maxwell laying their traps on each other it was funny to see from my spot.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home