November 18, 2019, 07:05:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush and Gunpowder Rivers 7-21-9  (Read 6082 times)
crabwhaler

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »

i understand your point bean, but it just seems (and this is only my opinion) that a report of how many boats are out there just isnt a crabbing report many of the days you posted i was one of those boats out there and other than one or 2 days so far this season its been pretty slow i think its a goodpoint to be made that if everyone went to bridges or piers and just reported how many crabbers were on the water this site wouldnt be that interesting. and i tell ya my hats off to you for how detailed you can get about the count and where the boats are, ive lived on this river my whole life and from maxwell you can count about 8 seconds from when you see the train till its gone
Aar684

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »

Why do you people flame a guy for reporting what he sees? Who cares? Believe him or don't. He isn't giving away anyone's
"secret" spots so get over it. He rides a train and counts boats? Is that ok? Wow........
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 12:38:55 PM »

Why do you people flame a guy for reporting what he sees? Who cares? Believe him or don't. He isn't giving away anyone's
"secret" spots so get over it. He rides a train and counts boats? Is that ok? Wow........

If there was any flaming going on, it would get canned by the mods... I think there just differences of opinion and everyone is being polite.  There's no doubt that Bean is well-"spoken" and has a flair for writing. His statements are expressed very well indeed. I guess this is a free speech zone with only reasonable limitations placed upon us by the mods.  Maybe there is a "protectionist spin" on some of the sentiments that are held by those who devalue or do not value said reports.  And, for that reason, I will probably name my next GP boat "MADE IN CHINA" as a means to repent for my opinions.  But others just feel that it is impolite to report about other people's activity and others feel that it is not by definition a crabbing report if no one starting the thread is actually crabbing and posting results.  I wouldn't be so thin skinned about folks doubting certain reports authenticity.  It happens quite often here if you read a lot of report threads from both inside the supporting members section and out here.  [Sam Hill], people on here get pissed if you post in the reports section about a catch and you don't have pictures of it to boot.  Now, that's being tough.  Anywho... Russ and Seanile stated that Bean's report is OK as a report in this section and others have stated their opinions on the other criticisms of it's nature.  It is what it is... Undecided  The rest is all fun and games  Wink  Just opinions ...............  thumbsup

Just, come end of August, do the locals a favor and go ahead and count the boats but subtract like 20  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:58:16 PM by Potty Mouth » Logged

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
badbean

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »

You know I will stand by everything I have lways said concerning the issue of my reports. I don't just make stuff up or need attention for a bunch of strangers [Sam Hill] I really only come around during the crabbing season and usually disappear till the next. I am pretty sure of myself but that doesn’t mean I am without flexibility or an open mind. I have thought about some of the alternative views certain individuals on here have voiced. I did not care for some of the methods they utilized in presenting their views as that sort of thing can generally go against my American sensibilities and notions of freedom and fairness and well they were challenging. But all things aside contemplating that consideration I think what some are trying to offer is that my reports may be taken as some sort of promotion of these river (Gunpowder) as a crab Mecca at a time when it is actually running inadequate. I think they might further fear that perceived promotion of the river is going incite crowds and thereby ruined immaturely. I can understand and empathize with that sentiment as it would have much more merit with me then the alternative motivation for people acting as they.  My reports have always been made with benign intentions in the spirit of helping and sharing with others. Too many in this world today are in things for just themselves and it is a disgrace.
I am also generally affable fellow by nature. And guess I am not always an obstinate sob either. Therefore in an effort to be open-minded to some of the others concerns here, while I am not going to stop reporting I have decided to trim down the frequency of my reports to that of notable summations and observations.  Although in between my reports if anyone wonders what is going on from my perspective of the two rivers I am on daily, feel free to just ask and I will give you the lowdown as it appears to me.  Smiley

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin (attributed)

Lord please help me become the person my dog thinks I am!
murph
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »

I'm with you Bean . all the way . keep up the great reports .  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Heavy Metal Crabber

One Life....I'm gonna live it up !!!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 10:05:40 PM »

Can some of these 'well spoken' writers please conjure up a peace treaty

HMC
bigdaddyy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 10:14:05 PM »

Bean i don't pay any attention to your reports (I don't crab the gunpowder) even though it is close by. But I will say this. You need to stick to your guns!!!!!! some of the people on this board are mean spirited and juvinile!!!!

If you pare down the reports, they win!!! You keep doing what you do.

LET THE HATERS HATE!!!!

ITS WHAT THEY DO..... Wink Wink Wink Wink

Peace
Bigdaddyy
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 10:33:34 PM »

There's a song.... There gonna be peace in the valley, tomorrow (but tonight we're gonna, blow it all away)!  And, we have it my friends.  I don't think there was anything personal about the discussions and I do not think hatred ever came to mind (or not my mind at least).  These are ideals we discuss from time to time.  I think Bean's reports are much less threatening than reports from other crabbers actually on these rivers.  Overall, if you think about how many rivers there are on the Chesapeake in MD, not many really get reported on.  The GP has accessability in it's favor from the standpoint that it is near enough to a few metro. areas that reports effect it more than other places.  The locals feel that "extra" traffic.  But, I have respect for Bean's craft.  He does well at what he does.  So, we've pointed out and discussed many thoughts about the rail reports.  I think "it's all been done" on the topic.  There's a lot we could all keep saying if we choose to do so.... there are two sides as usual, but, like family, we're all good.  It was fun while it lasted  laugh.  It makes 2009 different than the prior years LOL...  gheesh, I gotta work the river in 4 hours... I'll be late if I don't run... nightee nite y'all ... NO HATE HERE  Wink

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
crabnrich

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 10:42:57 PM »

sounds like the GP is the place to go for crab!! Keep it up BB!

Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 10:51:37 PM »

actually it sounds like crabbing is slow on the GP!!  but, keep it up BB!  laugh laugh laugh
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:18:05 PM by Potty Mouth » Logged

Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »

Hey BB, I enjoy your "train" reports. And I'm betting you wish you were on the river rather than the train!!!

I love to fish, but I live to crab
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »

There's a song.... There gonna be peace in the valley, tomorrow (but tonight we're gonna, blow it all away)!  And, we have it my friends.  I don't think there was anything personal about the discussions and I do not think hatred ever came to mind (or not my mind at least).  These are ideals we discuss from time to time.  I think Bean's reports are much less threatening than reports from other crabbers actually on these rivers.  Overall, if you think about how many rivers there are on the Chesapeake in MD, not many really get reported on.  The GP has accessability in it's favor from the standpoint that it is near enough to a few metro. areas that reports effect it more than other places.  The locals feel that "extra" traffic.  But, I have respect for Bean's craft.  He does well at what he does.  So, we've pointed out and discussed many thoughts about the rail reports.  I think "it's all been done" on the topic.  There's a lot we could all keep saying if we choose to do so.... there are two sides as usual, but, like family, we're all good.  It was fun while it lasted  laugh.  It makes 2009 different than the prior years LOL...  gheesh, I gotta work the river in 4 hours... I'll be late if I don't run... nightee nite y'all ... NO HATE HERE  Wink

so....IF your a local and going to " work " the river.....I guess the crabs are there....another subliminal crabbing report..lol

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
scaleplane

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »

I enjoy your reports, Bean.  They give me an idea of what the crabbing boat traffic (not the crab yeild) is out there on the Gunpowder and provide incentive for me to head out early!  Please keep it up.

Incidentally, and this is not meant as a "jab" at the rest of us; you seem much too literate to be the average Joe Crabber!
johnboat4

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »

Enjoy the reports BBean. Nice Duck boat.Good luck

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home