looking for PA farmers with pig problems

Started by bigdaddyy, July 22, 2009, 10:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bigdaddyy

I'm looking for any farmers who have a feral pig problem. I would like to hunt them for you. I only want to hunt pigs and am only looking for permission to do that. It would be me and my sons. No one else! I want them for the meat. I am a very responsible hunter and will abide by any rule you set out. I would like to do this in late summer so as not to interfere with any deer hunting. I will also hunt on sundays if you request. (pigs are not classified as game so it is legal) PM me if you have a farm or have any leads on a farm. I would greatly apreciate it.

Peace
Bigdaddyy

mdjohn



are there that many feral pigs in MD and PA ?


dfran


CrabDog

Quote from: dfran on July 22, 2009, 02:49:07 PM

Not in Pa.

It depends on two things...

what bar your in and what time it is....... ::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
MD / PA Line

flounderpounder

I have hunted for 20 years and know alot of farmers and no one has ever seen a feral hog....Might want to try south a little. ;)
" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 


"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME ";)

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


mdjohn

#5

had packs of them


crabeezle

Quote from: CrabDog on July 22, 2009, 03:07:31 PM
It depends on two things...

what bar your in and what time it is....... ::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

everyone put your money in a pot. the guy that goes home with the biggest feral hog wins :laugh:
skill does not come free.
mistakes are not easily forgotten...
but pride is forever

flounderpounder

Quote from: crabeezle on July 22, 2009, 08:54:53 PM
everyone put your money in a pot. the guy that goes home with the biggest feral hog wins :laugh:

no thanks....you guys can have the hogs..I'll keep my money ;) I'll stick with the skinny does.. ;D
" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 


"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME ";)

bigdaddyy

OK guys for the record I am not out of my mind here.. there are two or three counties in PA with pig problems. 

check out these articles.


http://pahuntfishshoot.com/?p=34

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/news/resource/res2006/06-1122-feralhogs.aspx



Conspiracy brother says...........
:afro::afro: :afro:

ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE!!!!!
  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FOR THE RECORD........ In my research I discovered that the state supreme court has ruled that feral pigs are a protected species in PA.  i read that the ruling was handed down in December.

so it looks like my original post is no longer valid......

However...... it does beg one to ask a simple question,,,,, Why would they protect something that doesn't exist in PA?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!


But thanks for making fun of me so I could prove you had no idea what you were talking about ;D ;D ;D

It warms the cockles of my heart :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:


Peace
Bigdaddyy

crabeezle

Quote from: bigdaddyy on July 22, 2009, 10:58:36 PM


However...... it does beg one to ask a simple question,,,,, Why would they protect something that doesn't exist in PA?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if they are protected. would the farmer have to handle it himself, or could he give you permission to take care of it.
skill does not come free.
mistakes are not easily forgotten...
but pride is forever

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


bigdaddyy

I believe it means the game comission will have to set up regulations to govern the hunting of pigs.

jefftoleft

Thanks Big Daddyy you taught me something I did'nt know and I live in Pa very interesting read  ;) ;)
You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM

dfran

BigDaddy,

On May 7th 2008 the director of the Pa. Game Comm. ,who was given jurisdiction over Feral Hogs, removed the protection placed on them by the Supreme Court of Pa. Anyone that can purchase a hunting license can help "eradicate" the Feral Hogs from Pa.

CrabDog

BigDaddy,

didn't mean to make fun of you.  First I have heard of feral pigs in PA.  Did read that they were released from preserves which makes more sense.  Bedford and Huntington counties are way up in the NW corner of PA... 3 hour drive each way for you at least.  good luck on your pig quest... If you ever do get one would love to see some pictures...
MD / PA Line

bigdaddyy

Dfran, thanks for the info. ;D

I do get to central and western PA. often. (Im originally from Meadville in Crawford County)

I would really like to shoot a few of these hogs. I hear they are VERY smart. I also know that there has been an explosion in population across the country. Some surveys project that they will be serious threats to native wildlife and farmers in 46 of the lower 48 states in the next 10 years. Sooo aside from free wild pig (delicious) ;D I would also be helping our native wildlife. The documentary I watched on feral pigs suggested that the best time to get control of them is when the populations are small.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


jrccrab

Quote from: bigdaddyy on July 23, 2009, 05:03:05 PM
Dfran, thanks for the info. ;D

I do get to central and western PA. often. (I'm originally from Meadville in Crawford County)

I would really like to shoot a few of these hogs. I hear they are VERY smart. I also know that there has been an explosion in population across the country. Some surveys project that they will be serious threats to native wildlife and farmers in 46 of the lower 48 states in the next 10 years. Sooo aside from free wild pig (delicious) ;D I would also be helping our native wildlife. The documentary I watched on feral pigs suggested that the best time to get control of them is when the populations are small.
There are feral pigs in PA. use to go to the annual "Bow Festival" in Sullivan County, they would bring in wild boars & pigs and let them go on top of this one mountain and all the hunters that wanted to participate in the hunt stood a chance of shooting a pig. Only problem was the pigs/boars for the most part out-smarted the hunters so most of them were never seen or killed. The kill to release ratio was very low!

Just my 2-cents

dfran

Big Daddy,

follow this link, than click on Feral Swine.

                         http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/

archer393

bedford county is in south central pa.to date we have killed  3 boars and 4 sows .while a pigs eye sight isnt the best his nose is second to none and his inteligence can be surprizing .you can hunt the public gamelands on martins hill above the rainsburg valley area .the hogs feed and move mostly at night returning to the deep hollows and thickets to lay up during the day.all but one pig weve shot looked like russian boars ,long hair ,enlarged tusks ,and the heavy gristly plate over the shoulders under the skin . also a freind shot a young one this summer that was full of some kinda parasitic worm .as far as getting permission to hunt you just need to go knock on some doors .i havnt heard of anyone having any crop damage from hogs lately ,but i know some of the mennonite farmers have seen a couple here and there .id tell what farms we hunt but id be cutting my own throat  :).but i will do this ill ask around and if i can hook you up ill drop you a pm .

flounderpounder

Quote from: archer393 on July 26, 2009, 07:20:03 PM
bedford county is in south central pa.to date we have killed  3 boars and 4 sows .while a pigs eye sight isnt the best his nose is second to none and his inteligence can be surprizing .you can hunt the public gamelands on martins hill above the rainsburg valley area .the hogs feed and move mostly at night returning to the deep hollows and thickets to lay up during the day.all but one pig weve shot looked like russian boars ,long hair ,enlarged tusks ,and the heavy gristly plate over the shoulders under the skin . also a freind shot a young one this summer that was full of some kinda parasitic worm .as far as getting permission to hunt you just need to go knock on some doors .i havnt heard of anyone having any crop damage from hogs lately ,but i know some of the mennonite farmers have seen a couple here and there .id tell what farms we hunt but id be cutting my own throat  :).but i will do this ill ask around and if i can hook you up ill drop you a pm .


mennonite farmers are great at giving permission to hunt also....I hunt a couple of their farms and they are very nice and grateful people.. ;)
" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 


"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME ";)

bigdaddyy


A D V E R T I S E M E N T