May 17, 2021, 12:16:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choptank River July/25  (Read 4212 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:27:08 AM »

I was at a tackle shop on my way to South River for my cousin Chrisís birthday party (he turned 3) getting two lures and my reel spun when a guy walked in started talking about what he caught on the Choptank River. He said that Choptank is slamming, that he caught 3 Bushels (also was talking about his usual lady that buys his crabs so I'm assuming has comm.), He said that he caught the first bushel in one run on a 1000' trotline. Then as we walked out he was outside showing his catch to some other guys. I personally saw 3 bushels of crabs on his Bass Tracker boat; he had a propstick made out of PVC. Just passing along the Information, I donít crab on the Choptank. Wink

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »

Well now when the poor guy goes back next week he wil be lucky to get 3 doz and will wonder were all the boats came from unless of course he was like most fishermen and lied about where he caught them just in case some peckerhead wanted to tell the world.  laugh laugh

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
crabnrich

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »

A commercial crabber with a basstracker? That's funny!
thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:20:53 AM »

Well now when the poor guy goes back next week he wil be lucky to get 3 doz and will wonder were all the boats came from unless of course he was like most fishermen and lied about where he caught them just in case some peckerhead wanted to tell the world.  laugh laugh
boy, aint that the truth! laugh laugh laugh laugh cats out of the bag now! Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided laugh laugh laugh
littlecrabbergirl

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »

laugh Shocked yea right !

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »

the crabs are probably those little 2-3'' crabs that eat the [Sam Hill] out of the bait, you can catch 5 bushels of them easily.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
tugcapt

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 11:18:57 AM »

I heard something about a boating accident on the Chester, and 11 yr old girl missing.  Part of river may be closed.

Honorary Chesapeake Spudman
tugcapt

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:22:25 AM »

Just looked on wjz webpage, now it says sassafrass river. never mind.  Undecided

Honorary Chesapeake Spudman
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php/topic,34554.0.html  It's post there mark...

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
CrabbyLAD
Lifetime Member

"Slow Poke"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:34:18 AM »

yeah... that was Friday afternoon... I heard the CG call
on the radio... Went on for hours...  Embarassed

Get Your Crab-on!

lefty87

Doc says I've caught the CRAB FEVER

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 11:36:29 AM »

A commercial crabber with a basstracker? That's funny!

sounds like a choptank boat to me, esp out of martinak, since that seems to be a bass tracker hangout
marysue1227

I'm not stooopid!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »

Blackfire,

Where abouts on the Choptank was he?  The DNR Policeman I talked to said that things have been really bad on the river this year. I can also tell you from experience that I haven't caught more then 30 there this year. Last Sunday we went and got 29. They were nice sized but the numbers sure were not there.

I hope you are right and things picked up since then.

Michele

I'd rather be crabbing!!  Wink

Calm seas do not make a skilled sailor!

Don't start none! Won't be none!
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »

Let's see.  The report said the guy was using a 1000' line.  To me that means the guy was a rec crabber.  I know of no commercial crabber that uses less line than what a rec can use and they normally buy their lines in 600' spool and connect multiple spools together.  Yet the report states that the person had 3 bushel.  Definitely sounds like another case of a rec catching over his limit and most likely selling the extra crabs.  Only my opinion. 

Just one of the few bad apples that keeps wizzing in the MSSA's and TF's milk.  Not because I have violations (because I don't'), but because I'm catching the resources that they claim to own and have more rights to.
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »

Let's see.  The report said the guy was using a 1000' line.  To me that means the guy was a rec crabber.  I know of no commercial crabber that uses less line than what a rec can use and they normally buy their lines in 600' spool and connect multiple spools together.  Yet the report states that the person had 3 bushel.  Definitely sounds like another case of a rec catching over his limit and most likely selling the extra crabs.  Only my opinion. 

They were talking about that he should have used his two other 1000' lines, but he was complaining about baiting his lines. The worker at the store was older and called him by his name when he walked in so he was a regular. I have no Idea where on Choptank he caught them. Sad that the little girl went missing. Sad

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

TAJcrabs

@tajacks10

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »

Comm guy using a bass tracker, less line than a rec? if that is your income then why would you complain about baiting the line, thats what you get paid for - doing the work.... I agree sounds to me like a rec guy over his limit... let him get caught one time with that many crabs.. he wont do it again!!!!

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »

He could have a comm license.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »

Comm guy using a bass tracker, less line than a rec? if that is your income then why would you complain about baiting the line, thats what you get paid for - doing the work.... I agree sounds to me like a rec guy over his limit... let him get caught one time with that many crabs.. he wont do it again!!!!

They where talking about haveing him use his two other 2000' lines.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home