November 26, 2020, 12:53:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIGGEST BLUE CRAB CONTEST for 2010  (Read 12737 times)
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »

im in for the $10.00......sounds good to me...make the stakes a little higher.

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 07:57:30 AM »

I did not go through the archives to research this but I think this contest got started when a different one for the first 10 inch crab fee (wager) got way, way high. I think this one was just to put a fun incentive into crabbing this year.

Being from the state where "there are no crabs", I conceded from the beginning that my chances to win were slim to none. I figured, what the [Sam Hill], It's only $2 bucks and it would add a little excitement to pulling traps.

I am not sure that I would put in $10 with those odds. I would think that here are probably more out there with the same opinion. Of course this is only my opinion. I wish to start no wars.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 08:23:32 PM »

Yeah I did it just for fun I think if you put the money up you might run into people saying it wasn't measured right or some body is cheating to me it's not worth that. Undecided Undecided

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »

Dog . you should know me better than that . I am one honest guy.  Wink

All I can think of is that golfing contest  scene in the movie Caddyshack where Rodney Dangerfield slips Brian Doyle Murray some money  and says "Keep it fair,  keep it fair"   laugh laugh laugh

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
SeaMonkey

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »

I'm in for next year! Who do I pay! Smiley Smiley Smiley

tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 11:48:10 PM »

I will post all of the info by the first of the year , stay posted.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:22 AM »

I already won for 2010. laugh laugh

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »

$5.00!

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
jason22
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 12:26:27 AM »

I am also for the $5.00 entry fee.  If you do not want to have a second and third place, make it the additional money goes to support the board.   Steve has enough hosting fees to worry about and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have this forum and resource.  It costs him money every year in fees and upgrading for us, least we can do is give back when we can like this. 

"It is what it is"
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 12:44:06 AM »

$5.00 I'm in for next year!

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 07:06:01 AM »

I already won for 2010. laugh laugh
Sorry Larry.   I hate to tell you this but  There are NO crabs in PA!

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 08:27:42 AM »

Sorry Larry.   I hate to tell you this but  There are NO crabs in PA!

No Jack. There's no crabs in Va. laugh laugh laugh

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »

I think I'll get in this year coming up as well...  $5 sounds OK to me... Not sure if I'll ever crab again as much as I did this year but we regardless of how often I go, I usually get a few decent crabs here every year (size of shell-wise)...  Sounds like a good idea to donate a portion of the proceeds to the site too.  Maybe, for instance, if you have 60 people entering @ $5 each (proceeds = $300) we give the winner $150, $75 for second place and $25 for third and leave $50 on the table for the boss to keep the site going... Or, if it's winner take all, let the winner have $250 and still leave $50 to the site for upkeep etc...  just some thoughts...

Just let us know when to send what once we have the final ante figured out... 
Looks like most folks are leaning towards going to a $5 entry...

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
Crabby Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »

I may be way out of line here and I know the hate mail will be comming, but. Although I honestly feel the desire to contribute to the site is a Noble gesture, I think it is kind of out there. A few points if I may.

If Steve needed the support he could easily up the membership costs.

He could also not allow nonsupporting members to view the site.

If he didn't live in Va, he could win the "whole thing" himself. (had to throw that one in there)

TAT may know, but there may be nonsupporting members in the contest. They may not wish a portion of their potential winnings to go to the site.

In all actuality, what we all are doing by entering this contest is gambling. I don't think any one of us have ever said "How about we give the bookie a cut of our wager because he is kind enough to takes the time to print out the book".

I know there is a difference here between this contest and Vegas. Great bunch of guys and gals here. All doing what we love to do. Have a good time crabbing. Spreading the wealth and knowledge. Sharing the pictures. Relaying some of our joys, hopes and fears. Passing recipes and getting together for a crab and a beer. Its a beautiful thing.

My vote is to keep the contest a contest. Raise it to $5.00 if thats what the majority wishes but leave the monies to the prizes.

I don't know. Maybe it is just me.

Let the hate begin.

If at first you don't succeed, Trot Trot again !
wildturkey101
Lifetime Member

My Crabbing Buddies

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »

I may be way out of line here and I know the hate mail will be comming, but. Although I honestly feel the desire to contribute to the site is a Noble gesture, I think it is kind of out there. A few points if I may.

If Steve needed the support he could easily up the membership costs.

He could also not allow nonsupporting members to view the site.

If he didn't live in Va, he could win the "whole thing" himself. (had to throw that one in there)

TAT may know, but there may be nonsupporting members in the contest. They may not wish a portion of their potential winnings to go to the site.

In all actuality, what we all are doing by entering this contest is gambling. I don't think any one of us have ever said "How about we give the bookie a cut of our wager because he is kind enough to takes the time to print out the book".

I know there is a difference here between this contest and Vegas. Great bunch of guys and gals here. All doing what we love to do. Have a good time crabbing. Spreading the wealth and knowledge. Sharing the pictures. Relaying some of our joys, hopes and fears. Passing recipes and getting together for a crab and a beer. Its a beautiful thing.

My vote is to keep the contest a contest. Raise it to $5.00 if thats what the majority wishes but leave the monies to the prizes.

I don't know. Maybe it is just me.

Let the hate begin.

No hate here CC. thumbsup only ideas idea3 and thoughts yes
Steve lowered the membership fees for those who wished to join in here, I doubt he wishes to raise the fees when the economy in is the toilet toilet, Steve also approved of a minor contest, nobody has his approval to raise the stakes yet to anything more significant, policeman I'm sure he'll have the last word and we'll follow his wishes or else. hanged laugh4 laugh4 laugh4 laugh4

This site wasn't created to intimidate anyone who didn't wish to contribute money, nuff said on that!

If there are nonsupporting members in this contest, so what, the rules will be printed to read and if you don't want to participate don't, it's really not a big deal! Cool sometimes simple is all we got jester

You are correct about this site having a great bunch of guys and gals here, let's keep it that way 2thumbsup Simple is more than enough around here laugh laugh laugh

kcullip2006

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »

stupid  Yeah.  What he said.  grin2

"May all your peach, orange, laundry baskets and coolers, be filled." Tongue
anchor
Lifetime Member

stop being a lurker and make a donation

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »

im up for the $5.00 enrty fee,as far as steve getting a little donation im all for it. some people just dont realize what kind of time it takes to keep a site running since they have never done it.believe me it is a pain in the [arse] sometimes, then all kinds of people complaining, nit picking and so forth. so i personally think a donation should be made to the site on be-half of all who entered the contest. remember what brought us all together here, it was this fine site. just my 2 cents.
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »

Sounds like a great idea! idea We definitely want to keep this thing friendly, and not about a big jack pot thing.  OH !!!!  I can hear the trash talking now, bigcry brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Its gonna be a long winter boy's -n- gals.
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh spring will be here soon.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home