October 28, 2020, 04:39:48 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: shrewsbury boat ramp  (Read 2813 times)
PHILLY JOE
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:37:18 PM »

Question, Where is the boat ramp for the shrewsbury? Cost? Is there a bait store close by? Parking? Also, is the fishing good there and what ispecies is available? . I usually go out of Dividing Creek until MD season kicks in but I would like to try different places. I have a low sitting 14' alum. boat with 9.9 motor. Would this be safe in the river? One last thing, my truck is a 2 wheel drive and some ramps I have trouble getting back up the ramp. Is the ramp 2 wheel drive friendly? I would appreciate any info. Am going out this sat to Div. Creek but North Jersey is the same distance. I would like to give this River a try.

Thanks again

PJ

Throck

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »

There is a ramp on the Branchport side, Atlantic Ave and River Lane. I think this one is free.
There is another ramp on the Oceanport side at River St. Might be a charge for this one.

Take a look at this chart system, search for Long Branch, NJ and then zoom in to the river and look for "Ramp" on the chart.

http://demo.geogarage.com/noaa/

There appears to be a number of ramps on the chart, but I would only be guessing that the are really there and free or not.

I lived in this area when a kid and am planning to go back for some "fond memories" crabbing soon, but I am not a local that knows the lay of the land, so maybe some of the locals will speak up.

Let us know how your outing goes. Wink
nadapesca

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »

There are two free ramps in the area. Atlantic Ave. In Long Branch and River Road (Ave?) in Little Silver. Both will feed you into the main river. When I crab there, I run an 18 foot sailboat with a 3.5 hp engine and I've got no trouble. With 9.9 you shouldn't either but just watch the water  skiers and jet skis on w/e. There is also another ramp in Monmouth Beach but no dock on it. The Little silver ramp has a dock to tie up to which makes it easier. Good luck. Oh, not much in bait shops in the area, but doesn't matter, they like legs there.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home