June 30, 2022, 11:48:38 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Regs  (Read 4081 times)
Steve
Administrator

« on: July 23, 2003, 07:09:39 AM »

Not sure about MD but in VA the hours restriction is only commercial.  But the "no pot crab'n" on Sunday in VA is for everyone.

Jack, the "No checking crabpots on Sunday" rule in Virginia only applies to commercial watermen and recreational crabbers who hold a 5-pot license. It does not apply to recreational crabbers who are working their two no-license-required crabpots.

My family and I set 8 crabpots in the waters near our place (no license required since it's 2 for me, and 2 for each of my three children). We can legally work them on Sunday according to VMRC.

"Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality." --Brian Tracy
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 10:44:56 AM »

Yep, guess I though everyone could read my mind.  Grin  The two for each rule gets a little vague I think the law states 2 pots for property owner.  I know alot of folks interpet it like you do.  If the vmrc cop is in a bad mood you best have all four of ya in the boat or just do two pots while he is watching.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 11:00:22 AM »

Jack,

I wrote to the VMRC and asked for clarification on this specific issue.

I was told, in no uncertain terms, that each member of my household (children included) is able to set two (2) crabpots without a license. Buoys must be clearly marked with an "R".

And you're exactly right... each "owner" of the crabpots must be present when tending the pots... not a problem for me since my kids beg to check the pots almost hourly it seems!  Grin

"Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality." --Brian Tracy
Crabbyboy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 07:07:08 PM »

Steve, does that apply for MD too(2 pots for everyone in the house hold)?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home