May 16, 2021, 10:47:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stony Creek, sept 5th.  (Read 14994 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 08:45:16 AM »

My wife and I crabbed the chester saturday.  Were between churchmens creek and Kent narrows.  Overboard at 6.00  On site at 6.20.  We crabbed till 12.00 and barely got three-quarters of a bushel of mediocre crabs.  I think the comm. crabbers are crabbing that river to death just like the virginians do.  So sad.  I started going to the chester in 1969, and it has gone way down hill since.

yes, it has to be the comms taking everything out of the river......

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:59 AM »

yes, it has to be the comms taking everything out of the river......

that would be it.... Wink

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 09:21:14 AM »

that would be it.... Wink

yep...all the comms fault..always is.... Wink  plus all they do is poach....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »

Just like those stinking Virginians! Angry Angry Angry

Git 'r dun!
The Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 09:47:26 AM »

I'm familiar with that area of Nabbs Creek. However, last time I was there, it was only one boat there. I guess I'm not surprised to see a second one abandoned there. It's complete and utter BS that people are doing this and getting away with it  Angry. I'm starting to see abandoned boats in many other small creeks as well.

Edit: NM, after looking at this pic again, I can see that the pilot house just fell off, it's not a second boat.  laugh
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:03:57 PM by The Maverick » Logged

kidder

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 12:24:16 PM »

there is this one river called the Gundpowder. Sometimes really good and not many people crab there not even kentukey north people

steer it up!!

Ill keep my Freedom, Guns ,and Money  -  You keep the change!
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »

I'm familiar with that area of Nabbs Creek. However, last time I was there, it was only one boat there. I guess I'm not surprised to see a second one abandoned there. It's complete and utter BS that people are doing this and getting away with it  Angry. I'm starting to see abandoned boats in many other small creeks as well.

Edit: NM, after looking at this pic again, I can see that the pilot house just fell off, it's not a second boat.  laugh

I'm wondering If It would be legal to scavange parts...

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 03:50:29 PM »

I'm wondering If It would be legal to scavange parts...

Everything's legal till you get caught. policeman bobby2 stop mask

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »

Just like those stinking Virginians! Angry Angry Angry

whatcha talkin about Willis..... Jack keeps telling me there ain't no crabs in VA.....  oh that's right there are no crabs in the ESVA......  that's different I guess right....  man every thread on here is becoming a comm vs rec fight.. geez guys ... come on.. it ain't even winter yet....   Roll Eyes Undecided laugh

I think we all better stop blaming each other and start working together.....  we all have something at stake some more than others, but we all have some sort of piece of this pie....But what do I know.. I am not only a rec crabber .. the scourge of the Cheasapeake Bay.. but a chicken necker to boot.. well now actually a ( OMG can't believe I have to say this ) a "Yankee" chicken necker on top of that... oh death where is thy sting.... Roll Eyes Undecided

Least I am not part of that 'dutch navy' though   phew........ Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »

whatcha talkin about Willis..... Jack keeps telling me there ain't no crabs in VA.....  oh that's right there are no crabs in the ESVA......  that's different I guess right....  man every thread on here is becoming a comm vs rec fight.. geez guys ... come on.. it ain't even winter yet....   Roll Eyes Undecided laugh

I think we all better stop blaming each other and start working together.....  we all have something at stake some more than others, but we all have some sort of piece of this pie....But what do I know.. I am not only a rec crabber .. the scourge of the Cheasapeake Bay.. but a chicken necker to boot.. well now actually a ( OMG can't believe I have to say this ) a "Yankee" chicken necker on top of that... oh death where is thy sting.... Roll Eyes Undecided

Least I am not part of that 'dutch navy' though   phew........ Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh

We'd be happy to baptize you in the deepest part of the bay if you'd like Pup. laugh laugh laugh

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »

We'd be happy to baptize you in the deepest part of the bay if you'd like Pup. laugh laugh laugh

If you could catch me in your rig you might be able to ........ laugh laugh

in the meantime...SHUT UP LARRY....

MD / PA Line
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »

That's two shut ups in less than an hour. I'm waking up Jack and telling him you're picking on me.  sad3

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 04:01:58 PM »

That's two shut ups in less than an hour. I'm waking up Jack and telling him you're picking on me.  sad3

boo hoo.. thicken up that skin CL..... I am only picking on ya cause I have been MIA for the past several days and have picking to do.... laugh

Sorry been a bad day.......

we just had lay off's today at work.. this place is tense before and after... pretty sad.. when you know the people... even had a few in my group.. that is getting too close for comfort....  so other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play...

It is hard when you have to be one of the few that has to shut down and terminate their accounts......

MD / PA Line
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »

I hear ya Dog. OK I won't wake up Jack. I was wondering where you were barking for a while. I'll lift one for ya tonight. chef

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »

I hear ya Dog. OK I won't wake up Jack. I was wondering where you were barking for a while. I'll lift one for ya tonight. chef

Gonna lift a few myself.. of CDog girls light... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 04:10:40 PM »

Gonna lift a few myself.. of CDog girls light... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

and then squat on the porch?  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

crablegs92

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

i like your boat =]

Went out on the water to explore at 1pm today had allot fun just boating around, found an old boat that was sunk. Later today I picked up my friend Garry with his ring traps totaling 6 traps. Grin we went crabbing the Creek was jam packed full of crabbers. I pulled over by one guy and we talked about how his day was crabbing. He was a very nice guy, he told us that we could have his spot because he was leavening. He ended up with maybe 2 doz the whole day. We crabbed some at his spot until my friendís cousin came down and wanted to handlines at the Elisabeth landing pier we I took the traps near there and my friend and I would dock there while waiting for the traps. I got allot of experience docking today.  Smiley The engine runs very well. It has improved allot, thanks Jack the Sea foam has been doing its job. Ended up the day with 6-7 males one female which we took back to the pier to show his cousin what one looks like then released it. The crabs are waiting to be steamed in my friendís refrigerator with about a 7 more crabs. Were steaming them tomorrow. To late now. By the way I sported my new BCA sticker! Cool
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 05:34:40 PM »

Everything's legal till you get caught. policeman bobby2 stop mask

My next questions where going to be does the steering wheel just pop off. But I can see how it is steeling. I thought if itís abandoned, and itís just sitting there then why canít someone take parts? Less trash in the water.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Minnox

Blue Crabs & Rockfish You Gotta Love It!!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »

I would question saftey before theft.........I had the boat in the water Monday and went up to the head of Nabbs Creek to do some fishing and took a close look at this boat. The flybridge has slid off of the deck of the boat and there is not much holding it there. I would have to wonder if you climbed on the bridge if it would not come all the way loose and go into the water. So if you go on a adventure wear a PFD!
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »

I would question saftey before theft.........I had the boat in the water Monday and went up to the head of Nabbs Creek to do some fishing and took a close look at this boat. The flybridge has slid off of the deck of the boat and there is not much holding it there. I would have to wonder if you climbed on the bridge if it would not come all the way loose and go into the water. So if you go on a adventure wear a PFD!

I won't do it if its theft. Before I would try anything I would ask around at that marina about the owner of the boat, if it even has an owner. But yes I do agree it looks like it would fall off. Any fish down by the boat? I caught nothing when I was there.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home