June 18, 2021, 12:59:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stony Creek, sept 5th.  (Read 15057 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:51:43 PM »

Went out on the water to explore at 1pm today had allot fun just boating around, found an old boat that was sunk. Later today I picked up my friend Garry with his ring traps totaling 6 traps. Grin we went crabbing the Creek was jam packed full of crabbers. I pulled over by one guy and we talked about how his day was crabbing. He was a very nice guy, he told us that we could have his spot because he was leavening. He ended up with maybe 2 doz the whole day. We crabbed some at his spot until my friendís cousin came down and wanted to handlines at the Elisabeth landing pier we I took the traps near there and my friend and I would dock there while waiting for the traps. I got allot of experience docking today.  Smiley The engine runs very well. It has improved allot, thanks Jack the Sea foam has been doing its job. Ended up the day with 6-7 males one female which we took back to the pier to show his cousin what one looks like then released it. The crabs are waiting to be steamed in my friendís refrigerator with about a 7 more crabs. Were steaming them tomorrow. To late now. By the way I sported my new BCA sticker! Cool
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:57:09 PM by 125blackfire » Logged

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »

Cool report. thanks....

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »

Nice report . enjoy your catch,  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »

123blackfire,  My brother and I crab around that boat and it didn't look like that last time we were there.  What the heck happened!!? Grin
Minnox

Blue Crabs & Rockfish You Gotta Love It!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »

I am in the Stoney all the time and where is that boat?Huh

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »

Dr Phildo what is up with that area? There are two marinas right next to each other, one is a really old marina with allot of project house boats, and the other is a newer marina?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:06:55 PM by 125blackfire » Logged

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 10:10:44 PM »

Glad to see you out and catching some crabs! Good Job  thumbsup

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
Minnox

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 10:14:57 PM »

Thats in Nabbs Creek.....I know where that is now. That marina is full of boats that should be burried at sea...LoL

Have you ever crabbed in Nabbs Creek...I looked around that area and never found a nice sandy bottom to crab on, it was mostly muddy back there.
Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 10:20:18 PM »

Actually I think you were in Nabbs Creek where all the old boats are.  Not sure what's up with that.  We crab near a big boat that looks just like that in the Stoney and I thought that's what you took a pic of.
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »

I thought the waterway was al Stony Creek until you come out to the Patapsco River. That was a first I went back there, the biggest boat I could thin of around Stony creek is the Grey Goose. But no unless you count dropping two traps in there for an hour while you put around crabbing. Although I did see someone in an allot bigger Jon boat crab in Nabs Creek. I don't know how well but they were right near that Marina.

CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 11:10:53 PM »

Thats in Nabbs Creek.....I know where that is now. That marina is full of boats that should be burried at sea...LoL

Have you ever crabbed in Nabbs Creek...I looked around that area and never found a nice sandy bottom to crab on, it was mostly muddy back there.
Is sandy better then muddy?

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
Minnox

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 08:01:28 AM »

I have always done better on a sandy bottom. Whenever I set gear and there is a muddy bottom I move it.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »

I have always done better on a sandy bottom. Whenever I set gear and there is a muddy bottom I move it.
If I did that my pots would be on the beach....  laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »

Actually I think you were in Nabbs Creek where all the old boats are.  Not sure what's up with that.  We crab near a big boat that looks just like that in the Stoney and I thought that's what you took a pic of.

Next time we go crabbin, we need to go back in to Nabbs.  Bring your toolkit and we'll unbolt that captains chair from that junker.  It would look good on your flat bottom aluminum..

laugh
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 10:28:05 AM »

I also heard that the Stony was WAYYY over-crowded this weekend with pots and trot everywhere.  One of my neighbors got in at 6AM on Saturday and came back around 11 AM just a few crabs short of a packed bushel. 

And the comms guy that lives in my neighborhood got 3 bushels out by the Key Bridge on Saturday morning.

Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 10:28:35 AM »

I was thinking the same thing last night when he posted those pics!  laugh laugh laugh
gdhdcx

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 02:21:47 PM »

My wife and I crabbed the chester saturday.  Were between churchmens creek and Kent narrows.  Overboard at 6.00  On site at 6.20.  We crabbed till 12.00 and barely got three-quarters of a bushel of mediocre crabs.  I think the comm. crabbers are crabbing that river to death just like the virginians do.  So sad.  I started going to the chester in 1969, and it has gone way down hill since.
lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 03:01:27 PM »

My wife and I crabbed the chester saturday.  Were between churchmens creek and Kent narrows.  Overboard at 6.00  On site at 6.20.  We crabbed till 12.00 and barely got three-quarters of a bushel of mediocre crabs.  I think the comm. crabbers are crabbing that river to death just like the virginians do.  So sad.  I started going to the chester in 1969, and it has gone way down hill since.

Just out of curiosity, why did or would you add to this post a report or comment about a completely different river/creek, plus from a different side of the bay as well?HuhHuh   What am I missing here?Huh

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 04:43:54 PM »

look how many posts they have.   Might tell ya something.  Roll Eyes Wink
SizeMatters

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 08:38:11 AM »

To answer the question about crabbing in Nabbs.....I took my wife (yes my wife) HA HA back in Nabbs Creek so she could get practice running the trotline in a nice calm creek.  We caught about half a bushel of the biggest GD crabs I have ever seen.  It was unreal!  After that day, I got all geared up thinking I found this awsome honey hole.  Went back that weekend and had no luck at all. Dont know if it was a freak thing or what but thats been my experience and 2 cents.  Good luck

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home