October 21, 2021, 08:19:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Saltwater Fishing Rules for Massachusetts  (Read 9643 times)
masspi

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/recreationalfishing/rec_license.htm

www.countmyfish.noaa.gov

To all:

Because the new Federal law is now in effect, you must go to the countmyfish site (second link) to register with the Federal Government for saltwater and offshore fishing.  It is mandatory !!!!!  The process is simple and takes about 5 minutes to complete.  No fee this year.

Massachusetts will institute a State license next year and the fee will be $10.00 per person.  Children will be exempt and old geezers like me will not have to pay the fee but still have to register.  Check out the link at the top for the info and FAQ.

I wrote a lot of letters to a lot of politicians and regulatory heads at both state and federal level along with a lot of other people but alas………….it fell on deaf ears.  

Don't you just love big government
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »

CT said the same thing...."We were forced into licensing by the Feds"!
2009 salt water license $15.00.
2010 salt water license $30.00.! The dogs! 

CT Motto:  How deep are your pockets?

Retired in paradise!
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »

NJ has also implemented this.   Oddly, I am exempt because I hold a Delaware license.    Not sure why (maybe because I have FINs # through Delaware...)

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 25-26, 2021
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
masspi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »

It is well known from prior post on this issue where I stand............I am against licensing for offshore and salt water fishing.  This whole thing is brought about by the Fed's changing the Magnuson-Stevenson Act.  It forced all the coastal states into licensing.  Thankfully Massachusetts kept the fee for both in stater's and out of stater's at ten bucks.  This might be a way for some of you to save a couple of dollars.

The Fed's are letting you register for free this year and the fees start next year.  If your state has licensing, you still have to register with the Fed's.

More and more government every day.............I for one am sick of it !!!!!!

robc22

THE LOBSTER GURU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »

I just registered.......this whole thing stinks of big brother......this is just the tip of the iceberg..........
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:23:40 AM by robc22 » Logged

Lobster Troll #1.........

"Beli . . . Beli . . . Belichnikov! … Belichick! Great man! Great leader!".......George Steinbrenner

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Never met a bluefish I wouldn't sell"........Maddmatt

Seanile
In Memoriam 06/2021
Lifetime Member

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:21:54 PM »

The Fed's are letting you register for free this year and the fees start next year.  If your state has licensing, you still have to register with the Fed's.

More and more government every day.............I for one am sick of it !!!!!!

Register for free, then they've got your name, address and whatever other personal info they require for registration, then they're in position to send you a bill if you've not renewed the following year.  Your government at work.   Angry

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
mako20cc

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »

Had to get a license of course to fish in Conn. 20.00 to fish for trout in my favorite streams. And 10.00 to fish the LI Sound. Now I see Shellfish says it's 30.00. So now it will cost me 50.00 to fish both salt and fresh water in CT. I have to admit that I was out alot this year and never once saw or heard of anyone inforcing it. Wonder what the fine is if they catch you. Might be worth the gamble especially when you take the kids. Who is to say who's pole is who's.Inland I wouldn't risk it. See DEP all the time. But the saltwater ? Just make shure your one rig less than the the total of kids.( If the money goes for a good cause. OK I think it's alright. But it will wind up supporting something it was not ment for as usual) All I can say is one word SAD.   -MAKO-
Cape Cod Cacher

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent in to 'The Man' in January and have my paper. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!

Of course, I have a dozen or so people a week asking about fishing at the motel (on the Beach).
I don't know how I'm going to handle it yet. Free year is no problem, sign em' up on-line and print a temp permit so they can go fishing off property. Fee year? *cough* Photoshop *cough*. I have to find out what the bait shops plan to do.

Again: Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! Angry *stomping around in a circle*

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home