December 01, 2021, 04:16:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat rental on sound side near Kill Devil Hills  (Read 17393 times)
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »

Whats this thread about??
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:01 PM »

2 pages long.

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »

I think they call it Thread-Jacking...

Hey, I have another question for you..   Hows the grub at Awful Arthurs?  Or is it overrated?  Any recommendations for seafood, bar atmosphere?   And do I need a special rec license to eat at any of these places?   Grin Grin Grin
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 02:49:35 PM »

The food is OK There, the bar is a good Place to meet people... Just Act like your a NC Local,and you'll be fine.. Wink
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »

Does that mean he should act like you Gene? Grin laugh laugh

threesuns1
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »

If Gene has the crabs I'll do a road trip to NC in three or four weeks.  I'll have no problem talking the wife into a day or two mini-vacation to sunny NC.  I'm cancelling my trip to Anarondacks this weekend so we should be at Grabbies if there is any interest.
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 03:02:12 PM »

Does that mean he should act like you Gene? Grin laugh laugh

It's took 25 years for me to act like a NC Local... Wink  And they still think I'm a YANKEE... Grin

I wish him the BEST!! Roll Eyes
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »

If Gene has the crabs I'll do a road trip to NC in three or four weeks.  I'll have no problem talking the wife into a day or two mini-vacation to sunny NC.  I'm cancelling my trip to Anarondacks this weekend so we should be at Grabbies if there is any interest.

I'll have some before then, I hope.. I'll post some pics when I get started..
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »

I think they call it Thread-Jacking...

Hey, I have another question for you..   Hows the grub at Awful Arthurs?  Or is it overrated?  Any recommendations for seafood, bar atmosphere?   And do I need a special rec license to eat at any of these places?   Grin Grin Grin

No don't go there... I got a platter of steamers ..oysters, clams, shrimp etc.... tasted ok etc.. but man a couple of hours later both me and the wife were sick as dogs.. I'll never go back.. guess I know why they call it awful authurs.....  You want some good place s to eat I can tell ya.... been down there 35 plus times over the past 20 years.... some of the best places have been torn down though... like Quagmires on the beach (  Cool bar & resturant ) and Etheridge's had great local seafood and awesome seafood egg rolls....weeping radish in Manteo is also gone a traditional german restuarant with it own micro brews... sad to see all three of these places close or be sold and torn down...

moderate to expensive but worth the money

BassNights lone cedar on the cause way just south of nags head - top notch seafood and steak
Tale of the Whale on the cause wayjsut south of nags head - top notch seafood and steak
Kelly's Nags head top notch seafood and steak

for a real sepcial dinner place I take my wife here for our annivesary

Collington Cafe  Collington behind wright's memorial ( local's favorite and one of the best keep secrets in OBX  right before the bridge where you can crab and maybe a mile before Gene's gormet dining.... old victorian home made into a restuarant....  very nice.... good steaks and sefood specials
make reservations as they make only so many of each meal each night but 5 star food at 3-4 star price )

Cheap to moderate:

Rundown Cafe good burgers and beers with an ocean view from the top surf bar
Black Pellican kitty hawk beach road mile post 3 ?  awesome gourmet / wood stove pizza, snadwiches and dinner specials and mix grills, tuna bites blackened are also awesome....  awesome margarittas and fun place it was the old kitty hawk life saving station.. neat historic.... must to eat at each trip  !!
Miller waterfront Milepost 16 nags head off of the croatan highway...
faces out over the sound some of the best sunsets in OBX..... good food moderate price.... good mix and match seafood platters mix grill also very good..
good drinks and deck and gazebo to watch the sunset etc.... and they have the best hush puppies in the world.... Grin
Pigman's Bar b que on the hghway mile post 8 ?  good traditional NC southern Bar b que, pulle dporrk etc.... NC/VA style vinegary style sauce....
Red Drum Taphouse.... beach road  mile post 7 ? Good place fun, seafood and some with a tex mex twist..etc.....
Outer Banks Brewing Station on the highway mile post 10... good local micro brews... awesome burgers and steaks.....

Breakfast:
Millers on beach road milepost 10 ? hugh breakfasts etc...
Sam and Omie's on beach road milepost 15 ?  same thing fresh home cook breakfast....  both serve grits, true homemade home fries etc....

Pizza carry out..
Stone made or cooked pizza.. they hadve the best pizza one in Duck and another in Nag's Head.....

I will add more if I can think of them....  and when I the wife and I  go on vacation every year down there.... we eat out a lot and I love places that have good fresh seafood steaks etc...  I figure I am vacation and we splurge some...only go away 1 week a year.. so 51 weeks of work to have 1 week of fun and sand and water and fishing .. Grin 

Gene can probably tell ya I am crazy or he might even agree with some of these places or may know some that I forgot....

MD / PA Line
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 03:56:13 PM »

I never go to these places...............TOO MANY TOURIST... Grin
I eat at Home..

All the places CD named are good places.. Basnight serves a lot of Local fresh seafood.. Not many places here serve fresh Local..Fisherman wharf in Wanchese has good local seafood too..

jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »

I thought he just dressed that way for Halloween and while on vacation here, on the OBX..............He does have nice lookin' legs in that Pink Mini Skirt....

I don't know Gene I kind of like this one on him!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »

Looks like that Weight Watchers is paying off...
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »

Looks like that Weight Watchers is paying off...
Or maybe it's the Coor's Light

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 04:56:13 PM »

Or maybe it's the Coor's Light

He sure is a little [tralk] Puppy......... Grin
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 10:09:11 PM »

No don't go there... I got a platter of steamers ..oysters, clams, shrimp etc.... tasted ok etc.. but man a couple of hours later both me and the wife were sick as dogs.. I'll never go back.. guess I know why they call it awful authurs.....  You want some good place s to eat I can tell ya.... been down there 35 plus times over the past 20 years.... some of the best places have been torn down though... like Quagmires on the beach (  Cool bar & resturant ) and Etheridge's had great local seafood and awesome seafood egg rolls....weeping radish in Manteo is also gone a traditional german restuarant with it own micro brews... sad to see all three of these places close or be sold and torn down...

moderate to expensive but worth the money

BassNights lone cedar on the cause way just south of nags head - top notch seafood and steak
Tale of the Whale on the cause wayjsut south of nags head - top notch seafood and steak
Kelly's Nags head top notch seafood and steak

for a real sepcial dinner place I take my wife here for our annivesary

Collington Cafe  Collington behind wright's memorial ( local's favorite and one of the best keep secrets in OBX  right before the bridge where you can crab and maybe a mile before Gene's gormet dining.... old victorian home made into a restuarant....  very nice.... good steaks and sefood specials
make reservations as they make only so many of each meal each night but 5 star food at 3-4 star price )

Cheap to moderate:

Rundown Cafe good burgers and beers with an ocean view from the top surf bar
Black Pellican kitty hawk beach road mile post 3 ?  awesome gourmet / wood stove pizza, snadwiches and dinner specials and mix grills, tuna bites blackened are also awesome....  awesome margarittas and fun place it was the old kitty hawk life saving station.. neat historic.... must to eat at each trip  !!
Miller waterfront Milepost 16 nags head off of the croatan highway...
faces out over the sound some of the best sunsets in OBX..... good food moderate price.... good mix and match seafood platters mix grill also very good..
good drinks and deck and gazebo to watch the sunset etc.... and they have the best hush puppies in the world.... Grin
Pigman's Bar b que on the hghway mile post 8 ?  good traditional NC southern Bar b que, pulle dporrk etc.... NC/VA style vinegary style sauce....
Red Drum Taphouse.... beach road  mile post 7 ? Good place fun, seafood and some with a tex mex twist..etc.....
Outer Banks Brewing Station on the highway mile post 10... good local micro brews... awesome burgers and steaks.....

Breakfast:
Millers on beach road milepost 10 ? hugh breakfasts etc...
Sam and Omie's on beach road milepost 15 ?  same thing fresh home cook breakfast....  both serve grits, true homemade home fries etc....

Pizza carry out..
Stone made or cooked pizza.. they hadve the best pizza one in Duck and another in Nag's Head.....

I will add more if I can think of them....  and when I the wife and I  go on vacation every year down there.... we eat out a lot and I love places that have good fresh seafood steaks etc...  I figure I am vacation and we splurge some...only go away 1 week a year.. so 51 weeks of work to have 1 week of fun and sand and water and fishing .. Grin 

Gene can probably tell ya I am crazy or he might even agree with some of these places or may know some that I forgot....

Short way of saying this is, "Don't go, the food'll give you the trots..."   laugh laugh laugh

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »

Short way of saying this is, "Don't go, the food'll give you the trots..."   laugh laugh laugh

yeah the steamers did that and the pukes .......dude not good.....   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

and gene is right forgot fisherman's in wanchese also the queen anne's revenge in wanchese is suppose to be good according to my brother and his wife and my inlaws... but I have never eaten there..Clara's in Manteo is also good but a little pricey..... I gotta stop cause I want to go to OBX now ..  laugh  And gene is right.. after a going down to obx so many year's we only go out as much as beofre.  we use to go out to eat every night.  now after a fishing trip.. I might grill some fresh catch or steam up some of gene's crabs and get some corn and shrimp to go along with the crabs.... that is moe fun in some ways.....I will say I avoid the buffet places that are all you can eat..... they are the real tourist places..... 

Hey Gene how is Western Sizzlin never been there some say don't go and other's say it is a good for the $....

MD / PA Line
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2010, 03:19:36 PM »

For the Price you can't beat Western Sizzlin.. I eat luch there often.. They have a nice Buffet..They also have a Capt. Georges here now too.. Nothing to brag about tho.. But they are packed out everynight..If I were a "LIL SEXIER" I'd wait tables there, Some of the waitresses there make 3-4 hundred a night..Thats the pretty ones.. Wink
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »

For the Price you can't beat Western Sizzlin.. I eat luch there often.. They have a nice Buffet..They also have a Capt. Georges here now too.. Nothing to brag about tho.. But they are packed out everynight..If I were a "LIL SEXIER" I'd wait tables there, Some of the waitresses there make 3-4 hundred a night..Thats the pretty ones.. Wink

Translation for all us Yanks,
     The ones with most of their teeth. Shocked Lips Sealed laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »

OMG, got a visual of you dressed up to look 'sexy" Gene... then I threw up in my mouth some and had to clear any thought from my mind ....
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

MD / PA Line
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »

OMG, got a visual of you dressed up to look 'sexy" Gene... then I threw up in my mouth some and had to clear any thought from my mind ....
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Hey pup, this ain't no slam or anything like that (yeah right), but so many times when something is funny you say something like, I threw up in my mouth, my cube, etc. Just seems like you have lots of time to eat and drink at your cube. Aren't you supposed to be working. Shocked laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home