November 29, 2020, 05:11:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUBMIT 2010 ENTRYS HERE  (Read 28061 times)
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »

One Helluva a crab but I don't think this one is undeniable. Close though and I keep hearing of them Mumbo's you get down there and I am not trying to piss on your parade, but you straigthen that ruler out and you will lose at least an 1/8" and he is right near the mark. You need to get the Mutzi Measurer or prop him up against a piece of wood to keep the tape measurer straight. He is a true monster that would make one great mount. Good luck with your contest, and thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:53:17 PM by Joe Crabs » Logged

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2010, 06:09:49 AM »

The tape is straight.  There is no WAY he'd loose 1/8th even if it had a little arch.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2010, 07:39:55 AM »

Searched for the offical Mutzi Measurer on here but I could not find a picture of it but I have a general idea of what it is...I have something like it on my cull box...
No argument here...After further observation, it is a pubic hair short of 9.5 inches...Joe, thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention...

What's really funny is the wife is laughing about the Mutzi Measurer...Joe Crabs...Not trying to piss on your parade about coming up short, but I can't post on here what she said about that if your talking about being short a 1/8"....Now that's funny...I'm sure everyone can imagine...

Thanks Ray...You are right too...The tape is straight and this crab does measure up Grin...How would you measure this curve ?...
I'm outta here...Cutting 3" cull rings to catch a 10"er for next years contest...

Potomac River Crab Advisory Committee
krackycrab

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2010, 09:54:18 AM »

Pulled this off the droid this morning...I hope this settles the dispute 9.5" crab... Now Ray can say we have a undeniable 9 1/2"...
Caught in Virginia tributaries (Occoquan)!!!....Tape measure hooked on the point...Can I still register now? Grin
Freshwater crab!
Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2010, 05:05:23 PM »

Searched for the offical Mutzi Measurer on here but I could not find a picture of it but I have a general idea of what it is...I have something like it on my cull box...
No argument here...After further observation, it is a pubic hair short of 9.5 inches...Joe, thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention...

What's really funny is the wife is laughing about the Mutzi Measurer...Joe Crabs...Not trying to piss on your parade about coming up short, but I can't post on here what she said about that if your talking about being short a 1/8"....Now that's funny...I'm sure everyone can imagine...

Thanks Ray...You are right too...The tape is straight and this crab does measure up Grin...How would you measure this curve ?...
I'm outta here...Cutting 3" cull rings to catch a 10"er for next years contest...
Great looking crab.....To find my measurer go to the top and search for....mutzy crab measurer

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..

Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »

Or an old shoe measurer.

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »

Pulled this off the droid this morning...I hope this settles the dispute 9.5" crab... Now Ray can say we have a undeniable 9 1/2"...
Caught in Virginia tributaries (Occoquan)!!!....Tape measure hooked on the point...Can I still register now? Grin

Jack, does this mean there ARE crabs in Va? laugh laugh laugh

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »

Jack, does this mean there ARE crabs in Va? laugh laugh laugh
Must'a be brain dead lost...  Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2010, 04:09:16 PM »

[dang] 3'' is a big cull ring! 

SeaMonkey

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »

I call B.S.  I ran the photo through a graphic design program that I have. That crab is only  8.5".  With my program I compared your tape measure to the one on my program. Your tape measure seems to slowly loose length to wards 9". This means that your tape measure was elevated on the left making the distance longer.  Nice try cant fool me.  Kiss

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »

I call B.S.  I ran the photo through a graphic design program that I have. That crab is only  8.5".  With my program I compared your tape measure to the one on my program. Your tape measure seems to slowly loose length to wards 9". This means that your tape measure was elevated on the left making the distance longer.  Nice try cant fool me.  Kiss

You really took the time out of your life to be sure, that even though George isn't in the contest, that his picture is a fake? 

SeaMonkey

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2010, 06:14:27 PM »

yes I did. It is winter and I do get a little bored.
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2010, 06:26:40 AM »

Now this is a prime example of why I have always disliked "Shrinkage" I have been through it many times and it never gets any better.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
thedutchtouch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2010, 05:02:23 PM »

I call B.S.  I ran the photo through a graphic design program that I have. That crab is only  8.5".  With my program I compared your tape measure to the one on my program. Your tape measure seems to slowly loose length to wards 9". This means that your tape measure was elevated on the left making the distance longer.  Nice try cant fool me.  Kiss

or the tape measure has a slight twist, causing the perceived changes.  either way, IMHO, its stupid to lie and exaggerate on the internet. it's just cheating plain and simple.  It is a bit silly though, as it's still a nice crab either way. i'd still eat it. err... mount it... yeah probably eat it Grin.

edit: i'm not calling anyone a liar in this post, just saying it's stupid to lie on the internet.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:19:35 PM by thedutchtouch » Logged

-Justin

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »

I don't want to call anybody a liar! It's a mis measurement to me. That's why Tat wanted them measured a certain way. But this crab wasn't entered into the contest so it doesn't matter.  Next year if you get in the contest make sure Tat approves the measurement before eating it.

saltysenior

ex-wye rat---who now C B C

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »

why are most big crab photos debatable Huh??wonder why.Huh...if i caught a crab that is extremely large ,i would go out of my way to insure many clear indisputable imagines that show the crabs size to the fraction of an inch...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home