Weird pig

Started by ACFISHERIES, April 02, 2010, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACFISHERIES

Check out the blond.. Almost looks like a yote.
Good dogs, Rotgut whiskey, All the BS you can stand

R D

It will BBQ just fine.  ;D
Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

tattoo

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.

CrabDog

only thing weird about that pig is the fact that it isn't on my smoker with some apple wood. simmering....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RD you bring the Bar b que sauce.... ;D
MD / PA Line

tattoo

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

R D

Quote from: CrabDog on April 13, 2010, 02:49:42 PM
only thing weird about that pig is the fact that it isn't on my smoker with some apple wood. simmering....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RD you bring the Bar b que sauce.... ;D
Dang Dog,we cook pig down here the right way so you don't need BBQ sauce to make it taste good. 
- John Wayne

dantheman2929

cullenw08

That's obviously where pulled pork comes from. Note the color similarity
A bad day crabbing is better than a good day working

CrabDog

Quote from: R D on April 13, 2010, 09:53:30 PM
Dang Dog,we cook pig down here the right way so you don't need BBQ sauce to make it taste good. 

I hear ya.... slow slow slow simmered...smoked ...fall off the bone..... that is true Bar B Q... is slow cooked... otherwise you are just grilling....... But a little mop sauce never hurts does it RD.... ;D
MD / PA Line

ACFISHERIES

Enough pork to fix it every which way..

ACFISHERIES

USFWS on my camera is to try to keep people from stealing it.

CrabDog

Quote from: ACFISHERIES on April 14, 2010, 03:18:39 PM
does it work..?  BTW, looks like two honey colored hogs now....can smell the pork roasting right now.. when is the cook out AC.. ;D
MD / PA Line

R D

Quote from: CrabDog on April 14, 2010, 12:42:48 PM
I hear ya.... slow slow slow simmered...smoked ...fall off the bone..... that is true Bar B Q... is slow cooked... otherwise you are just grilling....... But a little mop sauce never hurts does it RD.... ;D
Thats right CD,I like mine mustard based.
- John Wayne

lone sailor

Quote from: ACFISHERIES on April 14, 2010, 03:18:39 PM
I hope it works for you I had one of mine stolen last october in maryland, cut it off the tree. The lock box may not have been a bad investment.

lone sailor

Quote from: R D on April 14, 2010, 09:01:04 PM
RD, try Heywoods mustard with that pork. It aint that much trouble to make.

CrabDog

Quote from: R D on April 14, 2010, 09:01:04 PM

yeah my bar b que sauce / mop sauce is brown sugar, some ketchup, cider vinegar and mustard and then spices, cracked pepper and little worchestershire sauce and a few other secret ingredients  make it thicker for grilling and thin for smoking /slow cooking....  I love the whole vinegar and mustard base.. I like Jack Daniel's mustard and also Ingelhoffer makes a real good variety of mustards from hot sweet, horseradish mustard, super hot, garlic mustard etc.... but I based it off of my Mom's bar b q suace she grew up on the northern neck of VA.....   I really like the VA NC style bar b q.. a lot of folks don't cause of the vinegar..... little bitey.. but you gotta balance it with the brown sugar.....  anyway.. I am getting hungry now thinking of smoking a nice hog is some good mop sauce...best part is that I am havign some of my homemade crab soup for lunch.....
MD / PA Line

Syoung

I shot one years back. Was 305lbs.

Ron

!!!

My mom told me they took Wilbur to a farm where he lived happily ever after!    :-\
Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 25-26, 2021
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek

Dreampixels

Quote from: Ronster on June 23, 2010, 08:28:05 AM
!!!

My mom told me they took Wilbur to a farm where he lived happily ever after!    :-\

My parents told me the same thing about my Easter Peepy ;)
I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh

CrabDog

Quote from: Syoung on June 22, 2010, 07:25:19 PM
I shot one years back. Was 305lbs.

Nice Steve,

cool mount.... I beat there was a big slow cooked pig feast shortly after ...... ;D

Mop sauce and all right RD.... ;D
MD / PA Line