April 21, 2019, 10:10:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Old Choptank Bridge" 4/10/10  (Read 4932 times)
mdtrotliner

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »

If it's off the bridge, in your truck, your legal. In this case he told the officer that "Yes. He had one in his cooler". Caught legal, earlier, but he missed the sign and was honest. As they say, that's the way the cookie crumbels.
i know that but they will still give the person a ticket thats why i do go there anymore
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »

I fish that bridge once in a while and if a catch a rock fish and its getting close to midnight that fish is going into the truck or car. That stinks for your nephew Jack. I see people crabbing at night and keeping little tiny fish ever time I go there. They need to get the people that constantly break the law. I have never caught anything great off the bridge except a few blue fish a few rock in the 20 inch range. I think it is fun to catch the skate just for the pull. But I always break my line on them.  laugh Can't wait for my first trip to the Choptank. I will more then likely go in the summer for some blue fish. Good luck to everyone on opening day of rock fishing. I will more then likely be at Sandy Point with my two Friends and 200 other people fishing.  Angry I don't mind other people fishing but when you have people that cross your line with every cast and don't have the right weight or enough weight that the tide moves their line across yours it gets a little frustrating. Almost every year I see someone that does not know any better cast their line in the water and dig a hole in the sand and put the handle of their rod in the hole to keep it up. Most of the time it is a kid but I have seen adults do it too. They can't cast out that far but if a large rock fish gets on the line their rod will be in the water before you know it.  laugh I have had people swim in front of me and a wind surfer come onto the beach and tangle up people's lines. He was lucky he didn't get a few hooks in him when he crossed their lines.  Shocked I can't wait to see what happens this year. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
cath

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »

Hey Indoe, do you fish of the pier at Sandy Point?  If so, what are you catching and have you ever crabbed in that area?  Thanks for your input.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »

No I don't crab there and I fish from the beach. There is a designated area to fish on the beach and you can catch a lot of different fish but I go for the stripers. Last year I caught a bunch of small rock but no keepers. The year before My Buddy caught a 31 inch striper and I caught a citation white perch from there. If you go fishing this Saturday be ready for a mad house. The beach will be full by 7am and just get worse as the day goes on. Good luck if you go.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home