January 20, 2022, 06:19:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pot License  (Read 3801 times)
marknut

Full to the brim

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »

I have a question, I have to comm pots and I want to put them in this year.  How much is the license for each poit,  I think its 2$ each but im not sure, that is why im asking.  Also when you do get the license and such is there rules on where to place the pots  for example how far away from shore line ect.   laugh
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »

The NJ rec license for pots is just $2 and allows you to crab 2 pots.  You need to mark the buoys with your license number.  Go to the NJ DNR web page.  You can buy and print the license online.

23' C Hawk
marknut

Full to the brim

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »

okay thanks a lot moose, looking foward to using your trap on my opening day
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »

Good luck!

23' C Hawk
jason22
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 04:39:03 PM »

Hey Mark, here is the link,  print it, fill out the form, both pages all the way through, even the end part about child support.  If you don't they will send it back.  It's a $2.00 check for a 2 pot license.  You can also use (2) 150 foot trotlines with it.  

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/marine_shellfish_license.pdf

Talk to you soon buddy.

P.S. - If you have the extra cash throw in a clamming license too.  It doesn't hurt to have in case you want to head out for some Sehllfish  Grin

"It is what it is"

JerseyShore2010

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »

Hello everyone ... Mike here from Ocean County. I'm looking to see if it's feesible to crab from the shore and be able to make a few dollars selling to fish markets. I'm an unemployed union construction worker out of an Atlantic City local and we have absolutely no work , and now my unemployment benefits have run out and times are real tough .. I have a wife and 5 yr old daughter at home and our house is in foreclosure now , have applied for many jobs and things are just really bad out there. I don't even have a boat.
Back in the mid-80's I used to clam the shrewsbury and navasink rivers when they first opened them back up , it was part of the "Relay Program", where you clam all day, unload the boat , drive the truck full of clams from Atlantic Highlands down to Brick at the Mantaloking bridge , unload the clams from the truck and into the boat at that marina , and take them out to the specified spot and dump the clams overboard.
They needed time to clean themselves out and then you could come back and re-harvest them at a later date , a lot of freakin work ! We had a few accounts at some resturants locally , and some we had to drive out to north philly to sell to seafood markets ... and we'd buy the clams right off some of the other clammers on the rivers too.

So here I am, over 20 years later considering trying to make a buck by crabbing from the shore, lol ...
Is it even possible ??  what kind of chance do I have of catching any numbers ?
My other question is about licensing, how does it work for what i'm trying to do? and how hard is it to get a commercial license right now? Any help is greatly appreciated.

m
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:02:38 AM »

Mike here from Ocean County. I'm looking to see if it's feesible to crab from the shore and be able to make a few dollars selling to fish markets. I'm an unemployed union construction worker out of an Atlantic City local and we have absolutely no work , and now my unemployment benefits have run out and times are real tough ..

IBEW or Local 623?

So here I am, over 20 years later considering trying to make a buck by crabbing from the shore, lol ...
Is it even possible ??  what kind of chance do I have of catching any numbers ?

You can't make any money crabbing from the shore, even if you could acquire a commercial crabbing license in NJ.

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 25-26, 2021
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
squidly

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:15 AM »

i don't think you can get a commercial license.  the state only alows so many and they're all taken up. you'd probably have to buy one off of someone that has one if you could find that someone, and that would be way expensive.  don't get caught selling crabs without one either, again way expensive 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home