August 20, 2019, 06:35:49 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMRC Votes to continue restrictions for 2010  (Read 8424 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »

So with that logic the only good science is where the outcome benefits the commercial crabber. In MD recs cant keep female crab 1. I see no recs crying about that.(good job recs) and Son,  stop telling me what I would say, in one of your created scenarios

1 year is not good science and establishing harvest terms on 1 year of results is irresponsible,and in the long run may hurt everybody including the comms.  without the resource we have nothing!

I would disagree with this....  there are many posts on this site alone where recs feel that not keeping females is wrong not to mention another website you visit where they complain as well.  Angry
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:47:03 PM by Crabbyd » Logged

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »

In all honesty I have not seen it. If they are on here they must be in the extreme minority.   I wish the fed/state would put a bounty on all these "rays" instead of possibly damaging a species that is trying to rebound. That would be a win for the comms and a win for the bay!! While at the same time helping out the oyster,clam,crab stocks.
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »

I would disagree with this....  there are many posts on this site alone where recs feel that not keeping females is wrong not to mention another website you visit where they complain as well.  Angry
But you have to go back and remember D why they can;t keep females,because at all the meetings and surveys they said they never keep them anyway so DNR didn't think it would bother them  to lose something they never did to start with and it made DNR look like they were really coming down on the rec's hard.

What they should do is to allow rec's to crab only on Tuesday morning between sun up and noon and only in the open waters of the bay with a 8 in limit and then people like PH would get a small taste of what most of the watermen have went through in the southern part of the state with the sook limits and closed areas.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
crabballs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »

STOP:bigcry: don't forget who buys the crabs from the comm guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Next you will be telling us how you had to walk 30 miles to school back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 11:46:57 PM »

STOP:bigcry: don't forget who buys the crabs from the comm guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Next you will be telling us how you had to walk 30 miles to school back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I did that and it was up hill both ways.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 06:27:40 AM »

The non crabbing public for the most part,we get tired of being the scrap goat for other problems,mostly the expansion of the recreational fishery's who are always whining to shut us down because we catch more. It does seem to be working as most Government agencys are very willing to cut the working guy back in the name of recreation.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 09:20:23 AM »

The non crabbing public for the most part,we get tired of being the scrap goat for other problems,mostly the expansion of the recreational fishery's who are always whining to shut us down because we catch more. It does seem to be working as most Government agencys are very willing to cut the working guy back in the name of recreation.

WOW  didnt know we were whining, thanks for the update.  There is whining on here, but its not from the recs.
and its not from all of the comms.  Maybe some of you comms should join  the cheese of the month club to go along with all that whine, Grin
crabtracker

Mook Want Crab!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 09:35:42 AM »

carrying your little sister on your back, with a baked potato in each pocket to keep your hands warm. Wink Grin
Hey I did that and it was up hill both ways.

only a fool fights in a burning house
a Man will walk into [Sam Hill] with his eyes wide open,
 but even the Devil can't fool a Dog.
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 11:27:53 AM »

carrying your little sister on your back, with a baked potato in each pocket to keep your hands warm. Wink Grin

Did we got to school togather? laugh laugh laugh

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 11:36:39 AM »

Did we got to school togather? laugh laugh laugh

I think you went to school with BF. laugh laugh

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

crabballs

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »

its all good i wish everyone a good season
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »

I think you went to school with BF. laugh laugh

Rut Roe - games up George  laugh laugh laugh laugh

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 12:33:44 PM »

up hill both ways - bare foot in the snow,now those were some hard times.
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »

up hill both ways - bare foot in the snow,now those were some hard times.

Looks like a class reunion going on. laugh laugh

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
crabtracker

Mook Want Crab!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »

yeah but those taters sure kept your hands warm on that long trek, and made a good breakfast. laugh laugh

only a fool fights in a burning house
a Man will walk into [Sam Hill] with his eyes wide open,
 but even the Devil can't fool a Dog.

Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 11:46:21 AM »

"There is whining on here, but its not from the recs." <------That's funny

Hang on...Let me put my surprise face on... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Potomac River Crab Advisory Committee