July 07, 2020, 11:18:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show of hands, How many philly/nj/ny people crab in Md.  (Read 4492 times)
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:14:33 AM »

I was thinking of setting up, if we could, a crab co-op if you would. We could share bait/gas expenses.  Even pick up prime Md. bait/ for the next guy.  Maybe even store trotline(shared) for the next guy if he's coming down the next day.

Just post days that you would like to crab, and see if anybody would like to join you.  This would also work for jersey crabbin to. Wink

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:57:51 AM by phillyfireman » Logged
johnproc

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:11:15 AM »

This is a great idea. Jay and Mutzy have been telling me how great the Wye is, and I'd love to try it out this year. I'll post days that are good for me as I know more how the summer is shaping up. We should also do this for Navesink boat shares.
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »

I'd be up for this.

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
ILLSWIMHOME
Lifetime Member

Shake N Bake

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »

What's prime MD bait?

Crab on!
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

What's prime MD bait?

razor clams Wink    maybe  later salted eels Smiley

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 11:40:24 PM »

What about chicken?

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 06:27:02 AM »

What about chicken?

Chicken still works... Wink especially if it's marinated in hummin' bird p... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"
ILLSWIMHOME
Lifetime Member

Shake N Bake

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:18:53 AM »

Chicken still works... Wink especially if it's marinated in hummin' bird p... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Might be lack of sleep and no caffeine, but I'm not sure if you're serious or not  Undecided

Crab on!
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »

The bait co op would be great early season, should only have to pick-up and or bait once. There are many variations on this. It could entail just picking up bait(mainly clams) meeting at south philly(to distribute bait) or where ever.

Or depending on how many are interested  storing a baited trottline.  there are many ways to do this.
if you have one group coming  thursday and one friday, and one saturday. It can done on the same bait.(with some replenishment).   The clams/trottline  I think can be strored in a crab proof container,attatched to a buoy.  they  should last  Huh

The bait co-op thing would be most beneficial early season, after the early season, just a trip co-op.
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 11:02:17 AM »

I think that's one of the new menu items at KFC.   laugh laugh laugh

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »

Does the bird have to be humming, before you collect the poop or during. Grin
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »

I guess those are the ones that don't know the words. They just Hum along. laugh

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »

SHUT UP LARRY.  laugh laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
altomari8868

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 03:53:01 AM »

Please include me on the list

Bob Altomari
[email protected]
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 08:37:07 AM »

I was thinking of setting up, if we could, a crab co-op if you would. We could share bait/gas expenses.  Even pick up prime Md. bait/ for the next guy.  Maybe even store trotline(shared) for the next guy if he's coming down the next day.

Just post days that you would like to crab, and see if anybody would like to join you.  This would also work for jersey crabbin to. Wink

Not a bad idea..but....is everyone thinking of going to the same locale. What if the Bush is the target crabbing area for a Saturday and reports come in on Thur or Fri that the bite has shut down?? Still the idea is a good one with a few wrinkles worked out. What if three guys want to go. Plus the skipper is four... and the boat is only capable of three..? A weekly Md. roster with sign up by Mon. for the up coming week-end. I like the idea as a whole....but there are a few things to straighten out....

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"

jason22
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 09:48:19 AM »

Not a bad idea..but....is everyone thinking of going to the same locale. What if the Bush is the target crabbing area for a Saturday and reports come in on Thur or Fri that the bite has shut down?? Still the idea is a good one with a few wrinkles worked out. What if three guys want to go. Plus the skipper is four... and the boat is only capable of three..? A weekly Md. roster with sign up by Mon. for the up coming week-end. I like the idea as a whole....but there are a few things to straighten out....

I second that, some details need to be ironed out but it is not a bad idea.  I personally love heading to MD but I need to always plan way ahead for the day, tough to do it on a spur of the moment. 

"It is what it is"
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »

I am strictly a Wye guy and do about 2 dz trips a year. Always open to meet new people and make new friends. If you got larger groups I would recommend a Schnaitman's charter just for the experience. It's not cheap but there is nothing better for a group get together and he can comfortably take 5 - 6 people. There is a bathroom, picnic table, bench and he has a microwave oven on the boat. You bring your own food and drink. And usually he will put you on the crab and you don't have to worry about hauling all that gear. It also gets you a little familiar with the river.  Wink

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »

I am strictly a Wye guy and do about 2 dz trips a year. Always open to meet new people and make new friends. If you got larger groups I would recommend a Schnaitman's charter just for the experience. It's not cheap but there is nothing better for a group get together and he can comfortably take 5 - 6 people. There is a bathroom, picnic table, bench and he has a microwave oven on the boat. You bring your own food and drink. And usually he will put you on the crab and you don't have to worry about hauling all that gear. It also gets you a little familiar with the river.  Wink

I'll second that.....a charter with Chuck is the way to go......a very cool guy!

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »

absolutely !  we should try and keep things simple,  perhaps justa " hey I'm off on the 14 of July its a Friday my boat holds 3 first come first served we will be crabbing the bush, we can meet at x location.

Great idea  joe , perhaps we can have a seperate post for chuck's charters Wink

The only rule should be pictures must be taken and shared on the board !!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:42:00 PM by phillyfireman » Logged
jason22
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »

I am strictly a Wye guy and do about 2 dz trips a year. Always open to meet new people and make new friends. If you got larger groups I would recommend a Schnaitman's charter just for the experience. It's not cheap but there is nothing better for a group get together and he can comfortably take 5 - 6 people. There is a bathroom, picnic table, bench and he has a microwave oven on the boat. You bring your own food and drink. And usually he will put you on the crab and you don't have to worry about hauling all that gear. It also gets you a little familiar with the river.  Wink

I agree 100% Joe.  A Chuck Charter is a must for anyone visiting the WYE.  Looking forward to many more in the future
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:33:23 PM by jason22 » Logged

"It is what it is"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home