October 21, 2021, 07:06:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing at the Wareham Narrows and surrounding areas  (Read 9795 times)
masspi

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:31:59 PM »

Hey SouthCoast crabbers, you should be aware that the Cape Railroad is getting real pissy about crossing their tracks.  Last week, a guy got cited for trespassing for crossing their tracks to go kayaking.  The have a guy posted at the bridge and is calling the Wareham Police whenever someone crosses the tracks for fishing or crabbing.  Let the wise take heed as they are soon to start passenger service and are protecting their right of way.  This will kill the shore crabbing at the Narrows/Agawam area.................watch your self...............the law reads that there is no warnings, arrest for any violation.

This is the area right behing Main Street
brownwhalef/o

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »

masspi:
Thanks for posting this timely info, it may very well save someone's bacon.

Tom from Rochester
robc22

THE LOBSTER GURU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:07:22 PM »

Hey SouthCoast crabbers, you should be aware that the Cape Railroad is getting real pissy about crossing their tracks.  Last week, a guy got cited for trespassing for crossing their tracks to go kayaking.  The have a guy posted at the bridge and is calling the Wareham Police whenever someone crosses the tracks for fishing or crabbing.  Let the wise take heed as they are soon to start passenger service and are protecting their right of way.  This will kill the shore crabbing at the Narrows/Agawam area.................watch your self...............the law reads that there is no warnings, arrest for any violation.

This is the area right behing Main Street

It would be nice if something could be worked out with the RR on public access in that area.....mike the owner of m
+d's bait & tackle had this to say about the situation...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got off the phone with John Pearson from Cape Rail Inc. I was informed that they will enforce the trespass order on all who cross their property. 1st time a warning 2nd time arrested and prosecution. I was also informed that this will be for all the property which they control, which is all the rail lines on cape cod. He went on saying there is 3 access points on the cape side and only 3 access points all others are not in agreement with the army corps and are not allowable and any use of these areas are not allowed and will be enforced
If you would like to give John a call his direct # is 401-862-5343
This is going to get interesting.

Here is a copy of the no trespass order

Lobster Troll #1.........

"Beli . . . Beli . . . Belichnikov! … Belichick! Great man! Great leader!".......George Steinbrenner

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Never met a bluefish I wouldn't sell"........Maddmatt
Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »

There's no public easement at all?

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 25-26, 2021
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
robc22

THE LOBSTER GURU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 05:02:50 PM »

There's no public easement at all?

not where you want to fish/crab........ Embarassed

"Beli . . . Beli . . . Belichnikov! … Belichick! Great man! Great leader!".......George Steinbrenner

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

masspi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 09:57:05 AM »

I have talked to three people who have received orders of No Tresspassing from Cape Rail.  The only way you can access is to put in a kayak or canoe from the public ramp behind the old Tremont Nail Factory on Elm Street or from the public ramps at Besse Park at the Narrows.  No more walk across the tracks from Merchants Way and hand line or scap from the banks.

I show this as a crabbing spot on my maps that I send out, so be warned about this area !!!!!

zmkm

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »

can we still access that area by acrossing the railroad? Not at all?  Huh
masspi

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 04:47:03 PM »

people do every day, but there is the risk of arrest or notice from the railroad police at any time
robc22

THE LOBSTER GURU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 06:43:58 AM »

The RR cops have NOT been an issue down the cape side of the canal, along the tracks as some thought they may have been......thank goodness........ Smiley

masspi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »

I think I got the reason that the Narrows became a hot spot for trespass enforcement..............I talked to a guy who told me that it all started with some guy crabbing who gave a right of way employee of Cape Rail a whole big ration of "you know what" and threatend to kick parts of his posterior, so the employee called the Wareham P.D. and an arrest was made...................they hit the area for a few days to keep the crabbers and people fishing down and have now resumed their normal routine..............

Still, I would use caution and if RR people are around..............make yourself scarce......................That right of way if very long and it would take lots of RR Police to enforce the law on it's whole length.

crabbyjim

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 06:12:54 PM »

went to the narrows today couldn't believe the amount of trash left by crabbers and fisherman. bunch of slobs who will ruin it for everyone. they need to give out tickets for littering
jcb

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 05:32:39 AM »

went to the narrows today couldn't believe the amount of trash left by crabbers and fisherman. bunch of slobs who will ruin it for everyone. they need to give out tickets for littering

I was there yesterday and you are right what a mess, blinkin lazzy people, got a few nice crabs but i did not stay long as I did not want to get caught

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home