May 17, 2021, 12:18:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crabbing report stony creek may 30th  (Read 9526 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2010, 11:53:08 PM »

Went out today caught almost 3 doz with 9 traps, fun day. A buddy and myself went out on the water around 4pm and got back in at 9pm. Didn't get to rig up all my traps, and I didn't get to use the battery because It's dead..I fried it (long story) and only charged it up 3 hours then 5 hours of playing music drained it. laugh Good day out ill get some pictures up later..DNR pulled me over and gave me a written ticket, because I didn't have the registration and I lost the whistle. Oops. There nice guys tho.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
Straw Hatter

A crab in the net is worth two in the water !

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 04:25:49 AM »

That's a good catch with only 9 traps.  Well done.  Sorry to hear about the ticket.

SH
Terrapin T
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »

Good day minus the ticket.  Glad you got some.

Grateful to be in The Land of Pleasant Living

"His Fadder was a Mudder"
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »

nice catch , WTG  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Minnox

Blue Crabs & Rockfish You Gotta Love It!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »

Were you crabbing in the Stoney?Huh I was out there just taking a joy ride and didnt see anyone crabbing. I was there last week and nada.

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

There was a few people right outside the creek this weekend, and up in the creek.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
crabgrabber13

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »

i crabbed the area today, started at 5 am with my 13 y.o. who did great job. i ran 26 rings. started just outside rocks headed out, ran shorline by chem plant all the way to end of riv beach. moved gear several times and ran em inside creek. 6 crabs!!! but good size, 3- 6 and halfs a 7 and 2 barely legals. stayed out til 11 am. and called it a day. had fun, better luck next time, which will be real soon!!!
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:56 PM »

Were you crabbing in the Stoney?Huh I was out there just taking a joy ride and didnt see anyone crabbing. I was there last week and nada.

By Elisabeth landing Pier.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »

Here you go, the catch is from a lil in the day. The point was at the bottom of the paper. It was a HUGE crab, no claws. I ate him.. I didn't enter the contest this year so there was no need. Spell check doesnt want to work.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 09:50:13 PM »

Thanks for the pictures,  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 10:26:51 PM »

Good catch.How much was the fine? :-XOuch Shocked

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
mdtrotliner

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »

By Elisabeth landing Pier.
i stopped on the Elisabeth landing bulkhead around 6:30 on my way fishing wanted to see if i seen anyone crabbing i seen 1 boat but i didnt see you at all. where were ya crabbing at?
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »

There was a few people right outside the creek this weekend, and up in the creek.

It doesn't matter if someone streams live video of their catch on this forum.  Someone will always say stuff like, "Hey, I didn't see anyone crabbing that spot where you said you were that day" or "I cry BS!, I went crabbing that day and only caught 4 juvies and a couple sooks!"

And may I ask what you were doing in MY creek this weekend!  Get your azz back to the Elk and leave our crabs alone!   Grin Grin Grin
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »

Went out today caught almost 3 doz with 9 traps, fun day. A buddy and myself went out on the water around 4pm and got back in at 9pm. Didn't get to rig up all my traps, and I didn't get to use the battery because It's dead..I fried it (long story) and only charged it up 3 hours then 5 hours of playing music drained it. laugh Good day out ill get some pictures up later..DNR pulled me over and gave me a written ticket, because I didn't have the registration and I lost the whistle. Oops. There nice guys tho.

Hey Blackfire,

Nice catch.   FWIW, I live in Sunset Beach and went down to the pier several times this weekend and did in fact see you out there.   I'm hoping to have my boat in the drink in 10 days or so..  Had to put a new floor in it which is one colossal task from [Sam Hill].
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 12:33:15 PM »

boy2001, this is my [dang] creek and don't you forget it and i invited rrr, blackfire nice catch,were you using necks or clams?

Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 01:26:53 PM »

boy2001, this is my [dang] creek and don't you forget it and i invited rrr, blackfire nice catch,were you using necks or clams?

Hey now..  RRR is a nice dude..  He bailed me and my bro out in the Elk one day when we ran out of zip ties...   I just don't want him harvesting all the Stoney crabs before I get a shot at them..  I'm just a lowly rec after all!    laugh
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »

Technically, I wasn't IN the creek....so I think Im good.   Grin

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »

your good, just keepin things in order.
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 11:30:29 PM »

We left around 2-4pm, I wasn't keeping track of time. Midday crabbing I didn't think wed get anything. We used necks. Also what does your boat look like? After about 4 hours of using my boat the motor will start stalling out and not wanting to start back up, I figured out what it is. The coil has a hairline crack (Iv known that) which is also causing the motor to skip every now and then, its about a $60 piece so once I get that fixed the motor will be perfect. The boat sat 5 weeks and started first pull. I'm planning a trip up to the Balt inner harbor, anyone know a good place to dock? I'm a little uncomfortable leaving my boat docked where everyone is because anyone could get on it.

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 11:33:01 PM »

Also one of my drain plug holes came out, one of my drain plugs was still in it but it was sticking out about 4'in. I took out the drain plug and it drained for a good 5 minutes. I was taking on some serious water, and I didn't even know it. I will get some pictures of it tomorrow or the next day when I work on it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, what would be a good adhesive to use? I'm thinking 3M?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home