March 03, 2024, 12:14:39 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big softy  (Read 6812 times)
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »

just hatched a good one...went from 5 1/2" to 6 3/4"...took 8 days to shed..never changed water..4 gallons...Gonna be a nice dinner tomorrow night..mmmmm

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:25:16 PM »

nice . enjoy it.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:21:34 AM »

looks like a she crab.
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:03:39 AM »

looks like a she crab.

brilliant.. Grin

rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »

oh well,it'ss a shame

Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:10:16 PM »

Yes, It is a shame.  I remember last year when you were sloughing female peelers, and many told you that it was illegal to keep them.  Your excuse was they must have gotten placed in the basket by a less than diligent crew.  I suppose, that this time, since it was you and your dog, that the dog must have been culling?  There is no point telling you that you are breaking the law, cause you obviously don't care.  The only thing that might change your mind is a ticket.  Please keep in mind that there are new penalties in place for rec as well as comm.  These penalties include suspension of your license for up to a year, and since MD is now tied in with several other ajoining states, a suspension of a fishing license in one state, will necessitate a suspension in another.  I believe that keeping female peelers is an offence that carries a year's suspension.  Is it worth it?

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
Crabslayer
Supporting Member

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:01:28 PM »

In all fairness, since he is a PA resident he never said it came from MD waters.  It could have been from the Delaware River and PA allows possesion fo females that are not egg bearing.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/fishpub/summary/delaware.html

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »

ok now the gloves come off. fp stated he caught that peller his last outing but he didn't say it was a female, i figured it was but said nothing. now he sheds the crab and posts the pictures just to see who picks up on it and who gets POed so he can make other comments. i have a cousin that i got into a hunt club i belong to. the only rules to follow was you have to follow all state game laws. so he don't follow the bag limits and then tells me he don't ,well he family and i told himthe next time he breaks the rules - laws i was turning his arse into the club and the state. he no longer belong to this club and has since moved out of state,we seldom talk. i hate people who brag about breaking the rules. fp i know where you crab and i know the local NRP. nuff said.
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »

ok now the gloves come off. fp stated he caught that peller his last outing but he didn't say it was a female, i figured it was but said nothing. now he sheds the crab and posts the pictures just to see who picks up on it and who gets POed so he can make other comments. i have a cousin that i got into a hunt club i belong to. the only rules to follow was you have to follow all state game laws. so he don't follow the bag limits and then tells me he don't ,well he family and i told himthe next time he breaks the rules - laws i was turning his arse into the club and the state. he no longer belong to this club and has since moved out of state,we seldom talk. i hate people who brag about breaking the rules. fp i know where you crab and i know the local NRP. nuff said.

my neighbor sells crabs at a retail location...he also has PEELERS,oysters..you can BUY peelers at the bait shop as well........you are a comm correct?Huh?  I'll buy your peelers as well....at the right price;) ....I lost a nice 6" softy this morning..now thats a SHAME......oh and I did get checked by DNR last Saturday remember?Huh so it wasnt from the trip....I never take over my allotted crabs.. Wink

Is this what you meant?? Grin

oh and I have a comm 5 houses up as well..Hes a Balt. city ff...he crabs alot and he gives me peelers as well....because he has no use for them. I just need to let him know when my tanks empty..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:07:38 PM by flounderpounder » Logged

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

ok....so go and tell on me...what do you want me to say?Huh?  I know where you crab and what your boat looks like...small world huh??

flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 03:09:40 PM »

In all fairness, since he is a PA resident he never said it came from MD waters.  It could have been from the Delaware River and PA allows possesion fo females that are not egg bearing.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/fishpub/summary/delaware.html

everyone likes to prosecute without knowing the whole story....internet police.. Wink

rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »

fp if i am wrong you have my apoligies but on 6-19-10 you reported your catch and in there reported 1 peeler so when you reported7-8 days later that you had 1 softy slough you can see the con fusion. you said took 8 days to come out ,alot of coinisedence. and i'm not the in police ,just when itn looks like baiting i somtimes bite ,to say nothing is to condone the act.
Aar684

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 07:05:23 AM »

everyone likes to prosecute without knowing the whole story....internet police.. Wink

Seriously, some of these guys are over the top.
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »

Seriously, some of these guys are over the top.

You don't have to worry about the Internet Police at all - it's the Crab Cops you want to worry about - I have been checked on the water by them and have asked them if the every come on the forum - large smiles came upon their faces - You mean the Blue Crab forum - I said yea - they replied Absolutely. I wonder why.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 03:09:58 PM »

You don't have to worry about the Internet Police at all - it's the Crab Cops you want to worry about - I have been checked on the water by them and have asked them if the every come on the forum - large smiles came upon their faces - You mean the Blue Crab forum - I said yea - they replied Absolutely. I wonder why.

I've been checked 10+ times over the years...never had a problem and never had nothing to hide.. Wink

Steve
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »

Let's keep it friendly please. Thanks.

"Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality." --Brian Tracy
Ron
Lifetime Member

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »

So, yeah....   How bout all them Phillies injuries...    Yeah....

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 25-26, 2021
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »

love it......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: