April 21, 2019, 10:49:35 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat Rentals  (Read 1114 times)
dr.crab

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »

My wife and I are retireing in 2 years and are planning to move to OBX area and are considering opening a rental place for crabbing boats with 10 boats to start. Any suggestions as to who to contact about a location and what size ,type of boats to purchase?
queue3

I Hate Crabs! I sell Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »

I know this doesn't answer your question but I think the reason there are few, if any places to rent crab fishing boats in the OBX is because there is no demand for it. Rental places for jet skis, sail cats, surf boards, mopeds, horses etc. can be found all over the place. But with the exception of a few die-hard crabbers and numerous members of this forum, most people aren't interested in crabbing the OBX.

With the high overhead and expenses associated with operating a business in the OBX, you would have to have really robust daily rentals, in a relatively short season. 

North Carolinans just aren't that into crabs. We are the largest producer of blue crabs in the US, but the majority of our live crabs are shipped out of state mostly to Merryland.

I wish you luck with what ever you do and North Carolina definitely has more than enough room to grow a recreational crab industry, since it has virtually none currently.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home