April 16, 2021, 06:43:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I Understand Recreational Crabbing In the Potomac...  (Read 3159 times)
Allen G.

« on: July 05, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »

Huh

Wow. Hard to take all this in. I've done a lot of reading this morning and want to make sure I've got it all straight.

So if I set a pot or two for my own use (not for sale) South of the 301 Bridge in the Dahlgren/Colonial Beach area, all I need is the $6 license for each pot, and a buoy for each pot marked Rxxxx, the last 4 digits of my SS number or DL number? No saltwater fishing license or any other license required? I'll only have a pot or two..

The pots must have two cull rings of two different sizes (have that written down), or two of the larger size minimum?

To be on the safe side, I cannot keep any hard crab during the season measuring 5.5? No size limit for soft shell?

Harvest or posses no more than one bushel per day?

My friend has waterfront property on the Potomac and invited me to set the pots there. Every house on his street has a backyard beach. How far out must I set the traps legally, or does it matter since I have his permission?

Am I missing anything?

Just want to make sure I'm all legal.

Thanks,

Allen
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »

Huh

Wow. Hard to take all this in. I've done a lot of reading this morning and want to make sure I've got it all straight.

So if I set a pot or two for my own use (not for sale) South of the 301 Bridge in the Dahlgren/Colonial Beach area, all I need is the $6 license for each pot, and a buoy for each pot marked Rxxxx, the last 4 digits of my SS number or DL number? No saltwater fishing license or any other license required? I'll only have a pot or two..

You do not need any license to fish 2 commercial style pots. Your right about marking the bouy if not tied to a pier.

The pots must have two cull rings of two different sizes (have that written down), or two of the larger size minimum?

True

To be on the safe side, I cannot keep any hard crab during the season measuring 5.5? No size limit for soft shell?

True

Harvest or posses no more than one bushel per day?

True

My friend has waterfront property on the Potomac and invited me to set the pots there. Every house on his street has a backyard beach. How far out must I set the traps legally, or does it matter since I have his permission?

You can set 2 pots anywhere you want.

Am I missing anything?

Just want to make sure I'm all legal.

Thanks,

Allen

http://www.prfc.state.va.us/sports/Sport%20Crabbing%20Limits%20.pdf

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home