September 19, 2020, 11:47:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patapsco/Stoney/Rock Creek  (Read 16718 times)
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »

Had good luck a couple weeks ago tinkering around this area. 500' trot and about 20 traps with necks.

Stoney was dead other than my one little spot where there always seems to be a few nice Jimmies.  Once again had pretty good luck on the edge of the Patapsco near Rock Creek.   Not exactly a honey hole but at least caught enough keepers (24) for dinner.  Worked that spot for about 2 hours.

And did anyone else out on the drink yesterday notice the June bugs?  Holy [curd].  I guess the rain on Saturday made those suckers hatch like Gremlins.  We got swarmed two or three times by what seemed like dozens of them.  Got home and there were hundreds of them drowned in the pool. Don't remember seeing any last year.

camoboat09

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:14:02 AM »

If they were June bugs, they're a few weeks LATE! Grin Grin
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »

If they were June bugs, they're a few weeks LATE! Grin Grin

Nah.. adult June bugs don't actually show up until July and August.  In June they are busy destroying plants since they are still in the grub or beetle stage.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »

nice catch . thanks for the report.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »

If you were out of Stoney Creek yesterday, it sure was some bumpy trotlinin for what I would call some poor crabbin. 

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other

rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »

you got that right ray, that's why i went in when i did. i had laid with the little bit of wind there was at 430 am but when the sun came up and got bright i had to run into it because of the shadow and it was killin me every run. couldn't get a lay in the creek, too many recs so iwent in.
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »

you got that right ray, that's why i went in when i did. i had laid with the little bit of wind there was at 430 am but when the sun came up and got bright i had to run into it because of the shadow and it was killin me every run. couldn't get a lay in the creek, too many recs so iwent in.

You comms guys crack me up.  "Too many recs in the creek".  Yeah, no shiat, Sherlock.  Where else are we suppsoed to crab?  You licensed guys and your 4000' trot lines and 800 traps don't leave much space for the rest of us who are just looking for a freaking SNACK.

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »

Yeah, I don't ever remember seeing them before..Their wired little suckers.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 11:08:52 AM »

If you were out of Stoney Creek yesterday, it sure was some bumpy trotlinin for what I would call some poor crabbin. 

It wasn't that choppy in the afternoon.  I didn't go out at daybreak.

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 12:21:47 PM »

That sucks.  Wind picked up more after you left. 

I'll tell you, in the morning, you get one shot at a lay.  If its wrong, there is only a SLIM chance of you being able to lay somewhere halfway decent.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other

rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »

yea ray with the wind up i knew the creek wouldbe full. raven boy what's your problem?there's only 1 good lay in stoney outside the bridge whereni can fit 2 1200 ft lines. i usually avoid it because it doesn't hold enough crabs andi can do better outside. i only stated the reason i went in and i really don't like your attitude toward me or my post.
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »

Why is it always Comm - Rec- Rec Comm - are we not all Crabbers - why point fingers - we must learn to survive together which would be easier if we viewed our common points and not our differences.

Years ago for some reason the Bush River was a hot spot - often times during this period I shared the River with not less then 11 Commercial Crabbers - and they also shared it with me - I never had a problem - they never had a problem.

I just find it like YUCK when it gets into Comm and Rec type of pissing - very distasteful in MHO - we all have our faults as do our ranks. Yes there are A$$holes in every group and in our own way I would say each of us are one if we look deep enough - I see this as the Exception Rather then the Rule.

OK my venting is over now..........live and let live............if you want to change someone - try changing yourself as it is the person you might have control over.

These comments are not pointed at any individual - they are pointed to the Comm verse Rec or Rec verse Comm stereotyping in general.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 01:27:13 PM »

The only place for crabs is the Wye!

Git 'r dun!
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »

The Wye is it.  Wye go anywhere else?   Wink

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 01:30:55 PM »

Wye overfish every other river in MD? Grin One is enough.  Plenty of parking too. Grin

Git 'r dun!

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »

Beautiful new 4 lane ramps.....Wye ask why on where to go?  Wink  And you can now get your Talbot county ramp permit at the Wye!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »

Beautiful new 4 lane ramps.....Wye ask why on where to go?  Wink  And you can now get your Talbot county ramp permit at the Wye!!!!

And a nice big Picture of Obama - three darts for a buck.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »

Ramps wide enough for a horse and buggy to back down?

Git 'r dun!
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »

Werry Funny - Vhen I gets there with my Wegetables I hand picked from my Werry Waluable Wegetable Garden den Vi'l sees whos smilin Grin

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 01:49:54 PM »

That's funny.  Last Saturday, we actually seen 2 menonites with a horse and buggy heading to the local ramp with a small boat turned upside down in the back of the buggy with a dip net tied to the top of the boat.  I almost turned around to get a pic of it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home