October 20, 2020, 03:42:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patapsco/Stoney/Rock Creek  (Read 16882 times)
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »

won't happen.  Wink
Why not? I'm concerned that this site is contributing to the over-harvest of crabs.

Crabbing: A game of pinches.
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »

Shut down the reports section for 2 weeks, leave the honey holes section open.  Im sure the amount of supporting member's will go up greatly.  Its a win both ways.
Mr R,   I like the way you think, butt to many wish to give this Great resource away without getting/giving anything back....

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »

I live in Elkton and crabbed the Stoney last year with my brother (Ravenboy2001) in the early to mid part of last season.  The creek was very quiet and there always seemed to be a spot to drop some traps for a decent catch even on the weekends.  I think he makes a good point.  One person posts a phenominal catch in the quiet creek early this spring and then people start asking "Where is Stoney Creek??  I think I'll try that this weekend"  Now it's overloaded with traps and trot lines and somewhat pointless to crab at this point. 

Just like the "BCA assault on Patcong Creek" and Red Bank posts in the Jersey forums.  Have a good day on the water and all of a sudden you go back and cant find a spot to drop a single trap.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading and supporting this website.  Recs v/s Comms... Get over it already.  Crabbers are crabbers.  Just keep in mind that there are NO CRABS IN THE ELK.  They are all in the Bush and Gunpowder for the rest of the season so please for the love of God head there.  (Sorry Badbean  Tongue)   laugh laugh laugh
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »

Im with ya!!!

How about, making "guests" off limits. If your not a supporting member, you cant post in honey holes either, which means anyone can read it.

Get rid of the "Guests"......or atleast, make the reports section not accessable to them.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2010, 08:13:23 PM »

Maybe, from now on, I will gently remind people posting excellent reports on the consequences of their actions.

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 08:14:46 PM »

Maybe, from now on, I will gently remind people posting excellent reports on the consequences of their actions.

The lazy's will flame you!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »

Let 'em. All I care about about is the crabs! They know where the ignore button hangs.

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »

Crabbing reports for members and members only.

Guest should take a hike.

in·teg·ri·ty   
Captain C

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2010, 08:25:34 PM »

thumbsup thumbsup
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »

stupid thumbsup

Git 'r dun!

thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 10:32:53 PM »

As an experiment, what if the mods were to close the "Maryland Crabbing Reports " section for a month or so and see if makes a difference in the amount of boat traffic? They could replace it replace it with "Maryland Boat Traffic Reports".
I AGREE 1000%!!!!! AMEN!
Dr Phildo

Prepare to be boarded!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 11:34:32 PM »

As an experiment, what if the mods were to close the "Maryland Crabbing Reports " section for a month or so and see if makes a difference in the amount of boat traffic? They could replace it replace it with "Maryland Boat Traffic Reports".

"Maryland boat Traffic Reports" 

"Flounderpounder gets swamped today in the Stoney because he caught more crabs than the commercial guy"   laugh laugh laugh

I think that's an excellent headline!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »

Guest can not even see that there "is" a Supporting Members area... And that's one reason why the "Honey Hole" section was created...

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2010, 10:46:05 AM »

good point .  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »

It still boggles the mind that as big as the Bay is and all the space available in all the tributaries, you have people that read one or two reports and like Phildo said, "where is the Stoney!?".

And then most of them get down here and they catch 8 keepers in 4 hours and they're ticked off at all the gas money they wasted.

BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »

Shut it down Jack.  2 weeks and to add incentive for membership let all new members crab with you in VA.   laugh laugh  I know, I know there are no crabs down there; Cough, cough, Bull $hit, cough, cough.   laugh laugh
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »

Guest can not even see that there "is" a Supporting Members area... And that's one reason why the "Honey Hole" section was created...

Jack,
Thats all well in good, if all the reports were in the "Honey Holes" section, but they are not. Guests can see the crabbing reports section....correct? And, if your not a supporting member or chose not to put it in the support area, then thats where the report goes, for all the guests to see.

in·teg·ri·ty   
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2010, 12:02:16 PM »

A silver lining can be found in every cloud if you want to find it - public reports can guide the LE Hawks to the Bird Feeder also.

Maybe the Mods should just block new postings about Out of Staters, Someone takes my spot, The Internet is over crowding my area, Comm and Rec fights, etc, ect and just repost the old ones - this way a lot of storage space could be saved as the reads are always the same anyways. To make it more exciting they could just refresh the dates, it would only take changing the year - the names usually remain the same. Grin

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh
1-mo-run

Isaiah 53:6

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »

I know being a "newbie" in relative terms, my opinion doesn't hold much water, but I have to agree w/ Chris on this one. I mean it only costs 10.00 to become a supporting member, so who wouldn't want to donate that to get to all the reports posted on here. IMHO it's a no brainer.
It can only benefit the site.

Don't tell God how big your mountain is. Tell your mountain how big your God is !
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 02:10:19 PM »

OR, people could keep their mouths shut about where they are catching. Grin

Maybe that is already happening Wink Grin

Git 'r dun!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: