November 13, 2019, 02:36:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastern Bay Report 7/12/2010  (Read 6150 times)
SALTDOG52

That's money in the basket.

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

Was in the water at 5:10 AM very strong High tide started at 5AM started crabbing at 5:30 30 traps and rings and 2 trot lines.
First three runs on the rings and traps a crab in every one two rings had two crabs. The trot lines were red hot until I left that day averaging 3 doz a run of good size crabs. caught 2 bushels by 9AM was close to my third when some bone head showed up and dropped right on top of my trot line. Now if you are that blind you should not being driving a boat. The bad part this person ran there line twice and did not notice he was on my line. I had him move it and finished my day at 11:10 AM with good crabs. Total count was 410 keepers and 130 throw backs. 12 good peelers.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:06:10 AM »

Great catch , WTG.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Pinchy03

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:40:15 AM »

nice job
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:21:25 AM »

Not too many comms post that detailed of a report on here.  Great catch.

Just one of the few bad apples that keeps wizzing in the MSSA's and TF's milk.  Not because I have violations (because I don't'), but because I'm catching the resources that they claim to own and have more rights to.
Johnny Boy
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »

Quick Question ?? What do you do with 410 crabs ??

Johnny Boy; Social Crabber

mayfloat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:48:40 AM »

Prolly a comm. and will sell them Wink

Stay salty my friends
Johnny Boy
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 11:07:43 AM »

Maybe he is a Comm. But didn't realize they use pull rings & traps  Undecided

Johnny Boy; Social Crabber
Ravenboy2001

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »

Maybe he is a Comm. But didn't realize they use pull rings & traps  Undecided

How many comms do you know that throw excess crabs in the Igloo cooler.

410 (7 bushel?) crabs with excess in the cooler and using rings?

All I gots to say about that is HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........

P.S. - Anyone see any females in any of those pics?  I rest my case.

itsslow98

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 04:42:40 AM »

Pretty sure 410 is a typo....everyone knows this year its been the opposite. 410 throwbacks and 100 keepers.
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 08:47:39 AM »

Starting to crab at 5:30 is well before sun up.  I'm guessing he must be commercial.   Wink  Besides, every commercial friend I know counts how many crabs they throw back.  Yep there's 18 in that dust pan full, 21 in that one, and 6 in that one.  Let's see that's, uh 45 total that run.  Add that to the last 17 runs and that's 243 so far.  Now I got to remember that until I cull again.  Let's not for get the female peelers.  He's just got to be comm.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:57:18 AM by Big Liar » Logged

Just one of the few bad apples that keeps wizzing in the MSSA's and TF's milk.  Not because I have violations (because I don't'), but because I'm catching the resources that they claim to own and have more rights to.

DTownCrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 08:55:11 AM »

Once again your guilty until proven innocent on the BCA forum of courts. Geez really guys cut people some slack, for the life of me I don't understand when someone volunteers information regardless of what it is they are scrutinized, it really gets old after awhile and keeps others from posting because they don't need the BS.

Why ask WYE...MUMBO'S BABY!!
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 09:16:59 AM »

Sorry dude, but the information he provided in his post would definitely lead you to believe that he is not commercial.  If this is true, he just admitted to breaking 3 different laws.  Starting early, keeping females, and over the limit.  Some people just are unaware and some just don't care.  I'll go with the assumption that he is unaware.  I'm just trying to educate him so he does not get fined.

EastonCrabber

Yes, It's a Bass Boat

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 09:32:13 AM »

It's not you breaking the laws so get off his back. Im sure he is well aware of the laws. Don't make assumptions when you don't know all the details.

2008 Nitro Z-6 Mercury Optimax 115
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »

Sunrise about the time of posting would have been around 5:40 to 5:50 - 1/2 hr before sunrise would make him legal either rec or comm.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »

It's not you breaking the laws so get off his back. Im sure he is well aware of the laws. Don't make assumptions when you don't know all the details.

I'm not on his back.  If you re-read my post, I said if he is not commercial then he broke laws.  I did not call authorities.  I just pointed out laws that would have been broken if he is not commercial.  If he is commercial then fine, if not I just did him a favor whether he was aware of the laws or not.  As a commercial crabber, I see how many recreational early starters there are locally and how many guys come in with more than a limit.  

I agree that sunrise on the 13th was 5:50 so recreational crabbers could begin setting gear at 5:20.  I guess he could set two trotlines and 30 traps in 10 minutes if he was recreational and fast - or - if he is commercial.

Why don't we just ask him.  Saltdogs52, are you commercial or recreational?  If recreational, did you make typing errors, unaware of laws, or don't care?  If you commercial, sorry for calling you out on it.

EastonCrabber, do you have a problem with me asking him to clarify?  As a commercial crabber, I get tired of declining populations being blamed on watermen and having to fight just to keep a business license that I had to pay good money for.  If someone post a report that appears to be breaking laws, I'm going to point it out and I really don't care what you think about it.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:02:14 PM by Big Liar » Logged

EastonCrabber

Yes, It's a Bass Boat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 10:37:14 AM »

No i have nothing against you and have no problem. Im sorry if it seemed as if I was directing my post towards you. It was just in general. When one person posts on here and makes a mistake I feel like everyone jumps on him like a pack of wolves  laugh I've had it happen to me too when I posted a report from a tuesday on a Wed last year and like 10 guys jumped on me about not crabbing on a wed when infact, they didn't know it was a late post. I guess people just feel they need to be police.  policeman

2008 Nitro Z-6 Mercury Optimax 115
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »

Could it be his interpretation of Crabbing is when he begins to set his gear in the water. I know this is mine, I wait till starting time to begin crabbing which to me is setting my gear in the water not the actual harvesting of crabs.

Words spoken or written need interpretation as we all do not use them in the same way with the same meaning.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
dantheman2929

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »

Not sure if he is a Rec. or a Comm but he has not replied to the post to clear things up........
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 01:43:14 PM »

Not sure if he is a Rec. or a Comm but he has not replied to the post to clear things up........

but he hasn't been on the site since 7/16 @ 6am either.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:48 PM »

Maybe he just doesn't care what everyone thinks.  If he did, he would have asked.  Cheesy

Git 'r dun!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home