May 20, 2018, 03:29:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salt Eel  (Read 1699 times)
Darrell
Supporting Member

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2003, 10:07:42 PM »

Grin I useually buy my salt eel from Anglers at Annapolis Md Rt 50. It goes about 25 dollars for 10 lbs. They have not had any since early last spring. I went through Waldorf Md today and stopped at the big sports store on the left on Rt 5 going south..Wish I could remember the name . i got two nice big gallon bags 5lbs each for 15 dollars a bag. I salted them down good at home and put them up in my crabbing deep freeze.   This is enough for a 1000 ft trot line plus a bit. so I am good to go and happy to find it! Ready for August when crabbing will take off I hope! I don't know any where else on the Western shore that has salt eel in quanity.  Any other places with salt eel? West or Eastern Shore? I don't mind the price mind you. 30 bucks for a supply that will last a good summer of lots of crab trips I can handle. The Potomac River watermen get good money for eels from the Eel biusiness on Nomini creek on the lower Potomac. ( Cant spell the name right sorry..Robberects?).the business ships them to Germany ect that why salt eel is so high.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2003, 10:08:45 PM by Darrell » Logged

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home