July 18, 2019, 08:27:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJ Boating Safety Certificate Question ..  (Read 10448 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »

RE: NJ

The way i'm reading it this time if you live outside of NJ. and do not fish/crab/boating etc MORE THAN 90 DAYS in the state. & have a out-of state Coast Gaurd or NASLBLA approved boating safety certificate/card you are good to go? Let me know if i'm wrong. Like i siad before but there were so many different answers.

Thanks

Jerry
Yup

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 12:53:38 PM »

Yup
Thanks Jack, like i said every agency gave me a diffrerent answer. And this was brought up before and I had so many different anwsers & checking did not know what the correct answer was. The verbage is very different today then back then.

Jerry
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:59:33 PM by jrccrab » Logged
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »

Moose..

I got charged 5 bucks a day to walk on a dumpy beach this past weekend Roll Eyes, no problem worrying about this Marylander coming back.  Grin

Maybe we can get you back for a crab get together? 

Should have gone to Wildwood.  You could have walked a mile to the beach burned your feet and done it all for free.  I'm still amazed at the pics when we were kids with the Crest fishing pier way out into the water.  After 2 or 3 extensions, it's still no where near the high water line. 

23' C Hawk
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »

Yup, NJ now accepts SOME online boating courses. 

My guess is that since there are no more exemptions for age, the companies running high priced classes find it is not worth it anymore.  The initial flood is over so its only new boaters and residents that are trickling through the system.

23' C Hawk
squidly

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 03:07:08 PM »

they still runs those classes. advertise in the papers all the time. starting price is $60 and up.  i think nj online boating course is $25  and when you go to take the test after completing the course it' another $20  sorry for your confusion.  but i try to stay on top of the rules in nj because they are so complicated. have a good day jack

BrianG

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 04:44:16 PM »

Ok Guys

Picked up the phone and called 2 NJ State Police  Marine Division Barracks . One in  Ocean County and One in Point Pleasant .. very friendly and willing  to talk ...

A Boating Cert that is " ACCEPTED " in YOUR  state is accepted in NJ  ..  Mine is from  the Penna Fish and Game Commission,  Both barracks  said it was Acceptable ..

They asked me if I was in the state more then 90 days ..  I asked them about that and he said a " driver lic " would end that ....

So 2 barracks confirmed this and I think I am ok ..  If I am down on the water and see them I will definately stop and ask them.  Hope this helps

Brian
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:57:41 PM by BrianG » Logged
squidly

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »

i agree, that is what i said in my first post.  if you have an out of state drivers lis, and a boating cert from that state, that's all you need.  common sense would tell you that.   let me take that back this is nj we're talking about.   laugh

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home