December 11, 2018, 01:44:42 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware and Cautious when Entering the Water  (Read 38529 times)
DoubledareDan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 03:03:30 PM »

Good idea... is not 50/50 a bit too strong though? I would think 10/90 would be effective.
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »

Thats what I need...I was letting crabs grab onto my hands the other night at the cookout....some actually cut thru the skin..lol  didnt feel a thing until sunday morning laugh laugh laugh  Got to love puncture wounds you dont remember getting. Grin

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
saltysenior

ex-wye rat---who now C B C

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

the sad part is,if you want to get one of these flesh eating diseases,that so little is known about curing,spend time in a hospital..............about the cleanest place in town.. Huh
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »

Just in...   Hot off the net...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-health/20100809/US.MED.Eaten.Alive/

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
DoubledareDan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »

the sad part is,if you want to get one of these flesh eating diseases,that so little is known about curing,spend time in a hospital..............about the cleanest place in town.. Huh

Tell me about it a friend of ours gave birth in a hospital and came home... a few days later she was re-admitted with the disease... it ate half her cooter and all up at the site of the incision where they had to stitch her up after the birth.

As someone who has spent many days in Hospitals for everything from Crohn's, kidney stones, heart attack, shoulder surgery, appendix... I always say that they are no place to be when you are sick. I often wonder how I survived just the Hospital experience... or perhaps maybe I didn't...  skull

suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »

Last month I spent 11 days in the hospital, in two trips, and had 2 surgeries. Been plenty worried about the risk of infections. If I come down with one, I won't live long enough to pay off the original bill, much less any more  Shocked Cry Cry

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »

Sue . hope everything is going good for you . you are in our prayers . God Bless you .

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »

I'm better every day.

One of the problems is when you get older, you're dealing with all used parts and some of them have just plain worn out or gotten all discombobulated. My gallbladder and I had an unholy alliance going for 25-30 years until the darn thing broke the truce. The gallbladder and I had our differences many times, but the deal was I'd let it be if it let me be, within what I considered reason. After 6 hours of misery I finally headed off to the hospital.

Now I had studiously avoided all in the medical profession for many years. Blamed it on Caretaker's Syndrome - spent so much time taking care of Old Grouchy, there was no way I'd let them get hold of me. Well, once they got their greedy little paws on me, they decided I'm diabetic and hypertensive. Just great! Oh yeah - and Old Grouchy was given the verdict he's diabetic at the same time. So now we have twice daily finger pricking parties.

We're tough old birds - we will survive. We're going to be mighty poor, but we will survive!

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:47 PM »

sorry to hear that you both are diabetic. I sure know what that is all about .  Undecided

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 09:23:32 PM »

Good idea... is not 50/50 a bit too strong though? I would think 10/90 would be effective.
Only for city boys,we use straight pool clorine for cuts here.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

DOMNIKDYL
Lifetime Member

Tag! your it!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 09:23:50 PM »

Just saw this post, here's one that I posted from '06 that happened to my dad.  Be warned the pic is pretty nasty.  And, coincidentally, it happened at Goodhands ramp.

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php/topic,11861.0.html

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
DoubledareDan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »

link would not open for me.
DoubledareDan

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 10:56:38 PM »

Did someone tell you out of city guys to not drink the clorine? Just checking...  dizzy2 your suppose to put it on the outside... right on the cut  laugh

As for me I usually treat my ills with Early Times... Good old American Kentucky Wiskey... and I apply it to the inside of me. Not sure it it works to well but it sure hit's the spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked
Titan1051
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 06:16:28 AM »

Last month I spent 11 days in the hospital, in two trips, and had 2 surgeries. Been plenty worried about the risk of infections. If I come down with one, I won't live long enough to pay off the original bill, much less any more  Shocked Cry Cry

You were right to be worried.  We just lost my mother in law to sepsis after she went into the hospital for a biopsy for suspected breast cancer.  Good news no cancer, bad news,  she was gone in 10 days and nothing they could do. 
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »

sorry to hear theat . God Bless her and your family.

saltysenior

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »

went to the doc[1962] who took care of all the comm.guys in town....i told him i had ''fish poisoning'' because of several small cuts that would not heal.....he said there is no such thing as fish poisoning and what i and many other fishermen come to him with is a form of staph infection.....hard to get rid of and stays in your system...he told me not to rely on bleach,but to use Lysol instead..i soaking my fish gloves in clorox each nite... had another bad instance in the 80's...last month had some moese surgery that would not heal...went back ,they took a couture and sure enough..staph............be careful and try some lysol
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »

SS,I have been using bleach for 30 years,it works well not only to prevent it but to get rid of it after it sets in,that Doc was full of.....we use it around here on anything that doesn't need stitches.If we could get people to take a shot in the arm of bleach it would cure Aids,Herpes,drug addiction,liberalism and a host of other social diseases.   Wink Grin

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
DoubledareDan

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »

Cure liberalism! I got to start mixing that in the drinks at works next Christmas Party!  freak
saltysenior

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »

SS,I have been using bleach for 30 years,it works well not only to prevent it but to get rid of it after it sets in,that Doc was full of.....we use it around here on anything that doesn't need stitches.If we could get people to take a shot in the arm of bleach it would cure Aids,Herpes,drug addiction,liberalism and a host of other social diseases. 

i am glad it works for you after all those years..i know the environment you crabbers work in and exposure you have for the chance of infection..........only a guy who strings barb wire during the day and empties port-o potties at nite is a greater risk ......  Shocked
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »

link would not open for me.

your not a supporting memeber.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home