February 23, 2018, 03:23:07 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FL license  (Read 4866 times)
snapperboy

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

Hi folks this is a SUPER forum and the amount of info is amazing.  I have a quick question.  My wife and I will be moving to FL sooner than later from the Eastern shore of MD and I was wondering if one of you experts could send me a few bullets regarding the requirments for a FL commercial crabbing license?  Many thanks.  I have looked all over the FL DNR site and one needs to be a [dang] lawyer to understand their regs.  Simple version would be great.  This would be for a "New license".
Thanks,
Rick

Capt. Rick
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 06:20:37 PM »

Simple version is......you have to buy one from somebody as they havn't issued new ones in around 15 years

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
snapperboy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »

Many thanks RD.  Do you suggest where I start looking?  I've delt with the MD DNR folks and if you speak with 3 people you get 3 different answers.
Thanks,
Rick

Capt. Rick
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

I will ask around as most of us that crab full time have a extra license because there is still talk of reducing pots a little more.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
snapperboy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »

Hey R D please do and thanks.  I'm serious about it so you won't be wasting your time.
Thanks again,
Rick

Capt. Rick

snapperboy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »

Hey R D I have a few questions can you email me at [email protected].  I don't want to tie up the forum and get string after string started if you know what I mean.
Thanks man,
Rick

Capt. Rick
jimster

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »

The so-called shoreline exemption has me baffled with it's double or triple negatives and convoluted phrasing.  It seems to allow Florida residents to crab without a license if they are crabbing from shore with a line which is not attached to a reel.  However, a license is required if a dip net or landing net is used.  I've never been successful at landing a crab on a line without a net.  Am I missing something, or is the exemption meaningless?

This shouldn't bother me as I am not a Florida resident.  Sometimes I just enjoy banging my head against a wall. :-)

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home