January 17, 2021, 11:05:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJ soft shells - OK experts, where should I try?  (Read 951 times)
IrishAngler

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2005, 08:41:02 AM »

Hey folks - Newbie here.

First - great site...I'm really psyched I found a place where others have "the bug" just much, if not more, than me.

I've been a pretty avid fisherman my whole life but I've really gotten into crabbing the last 2 years - and since my wife grew up on a house on the Gunpowder River(MD) she has not minded this new hobby of mine one bit!!!

I'm a handliner and have had decent success w/ bunker and chicken thighs in Seaside Heights, NJ.  I'd like to broaden the horizon a little and try for some softshells.

Can someone point me in the right direction(literally) as to where to go in NJ for this.  Skimming the grass seems like a logical start - but I just don't know any location nor do I have a boat.....so am I even able to dabble in this game?   I live in Jackson, NJ - just about the geographical center of the state  and I'm willing to drive a bit for some yummy softies - or anything yummy for that matter.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...by me AND my wife!!

Thanks folks,

Chris
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 08:43:33 AM by IrishAngler » Logged
Felinis

Live Long and Prosper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 09:36:41 AM »

We are still waiting for crabs in Baltimore - I don't see how you can expect any even further North in NJ.  My advice is that it is too early.

Then again, maybe the ocean-side conditions differ from those in the Bay.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home