September 20, 2019, 07:21:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wye today Nov14th  (Read 7722 times)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »

Bob and i Went to the Wye today , what a beautiful day to be on the water . Net TERRPIN T and his son at the ramp . Nice guy . headed out to our spot near Shaw bay. drooped our traps in 20 feet of water . the water temp was 50 . stopped for a while when Thom invited us for some lunch . he cooked up some fresh crab cakes and some sausage  peppers and onions . Man o Man was that good. Thanks Thom for the GREAT lunch. We had a great day of crabbing and was most likely our last trip for this year . Thanks Bob for another GREAT year. We ended up with almost a bushel of crabs . Bab and Thom will be posting pictures . It was really nice to meet Thom and his son.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:18:24 AM by tattoo » Logged

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Jocko
Lifetime Member

Gotta love a Basket full of Blues

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:35 PM »

I can imagine the food right now, Thom comes prepared with some fancy fixins!!  Sounds like an awesome day by some die hards! 2thumbsup You guys deserve them crabs, enjoy!

"A day on the water is my medicine for life, it is where my soul feels free" MJB
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »

Great job by the die-hards!

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
Terrapin T
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »

Good to meet you Rich and Bob.  You're Welcome and Glad you enjoyed the lunch.  Can't think of a better place to eat it on such a nice day.  (I won't be able to post pics until I fix my home computer.)  That was a great day.   Cool

Grateful to be in The Land of Pleasant Living

"His Fadder was a Mudder"
Johnny Boy
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:28:40 AM »

Graet day for the end of the season and the end of a great crabbing season. Hardly can wait until 2011. laugh laugh

Johnny Boy; Social Crabber

Ron
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

RonMeischker https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=220842455&trk=nav_respon RMeischker
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »

Sorry I missed this.    Thom invited me along, but no way would I have been able to get down there that early after having a bunch of buddies over for the Pacquiao-Margarito fight.

Blue Crab Advisor to the NJ Marine Fisheries Council

11th Annual Assault on Patcong Creek Crabbing Tournament & BBQ
America's Largest Crabbing Tournament
June 26 & 27th, 2020
Somers Point, NJ

http://www.assaultonpatcongcreek.com

To Register:
http://assaultonpatcongcreek.com/the-crabbing-tournament/tournament-registration/

Check out the tournament's page on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/assaultonpatcongcreek
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

Ron , you mised a good one.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:26:56 PM »

Sorry I missed this.    Thom invited me along, but no way would I have been able to get down there that early after having a bunch of buddies over for the Pacquiao-Margarito fight.

Wee have the WWE in Hershey tonight. Gonna be on TV. Calling it OLD SCHOOL night. Sgt Slaughter, Iron Shiek, Jim Duggan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes, and Jimmy Snuka. Along with some of the current guys. Supposed to be no pyro, etc. Just a ring and railing. Oh Yeaaaaah. Wink

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »

Bob and i Went to the Wye today , what a beautiful day to be on the water . Net TERRPIN T and his son at the ramp . Nice guy . headed out to our spot near Shaw bay. drooped our traps in 20 feet of water . the water temp was 50 . stopped for a while when Thom invited us for some lunch . he cooked up some fresh crab cakes and some sausage  peppers and onions . Man o Man was that good. Thanks Thom for the GREAT lunch. We had a great day of crabbing and was most likely our last trip for this year . Thanks Bob for another GREAT year. We ended up with almost a bushel of crabs . Bab and Thom will be posting pictures . It was really nice to meet Thom and his son.
MAN...With a lunch like that we got to get the T man to our next get together ...

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..
Terrapin T
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »

MAN...With a lunch like that we got to get the T man to our next get together ...

I'll be there.   Wink

jason22
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »

Great job guys, outstanding way to end the season.

Jerry maybe we should have a cook off competition between you and Thom next year.  See who can do the most with less so to speak.   laugh

"It is what it is"
billbarb

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »

Wow! sorry we missed a day on the Wye like this! I have been trying to get Billy to go "one more time" since October. Can't believe the crabs are still there. Maybe that means they will stay the winter and be waiting for us in the spring!  Great Catch! thanks for sharing.
Barb and Bill

CRAB.I.AM
wildturkey101
Lifetime Member

My Crabbing Buddies

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 07:58:10 PM »

Thom did a great job on the homemade crabcakes, the best ones I ever ate on the Wye laugh Wish I was feeling better and could have put away some of the sausage, peppers and onions too, they smelled really good cooking. Thanks again T!
It was a nice day out on the Wye yesterday, very little wind and the air temp was really comfortable for pulling traps. Crabbing was slow as expected for Nov but rewarding as ever, I so wish for another warm day to pull some traps again before packing everything away till next year. Rich did a great job as usual and he was really glad to be out there again too, maybe we will get lucky and take one more trip this year! The only rough part this time of the year is all the floating debris you have to really watch out for when driving the boat, sightseeing was very minimal for me until we stopped out at Shaw Bay, but it is a beautiful river to be on.
Here's a few pics from the day, enjoy.
wildturkey101
Lifetime Member

My Crabbing Buddies

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 07:58:51 PM »

Few more pics.
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »

Wee have the WWE in Hershey tonight. Gonna be on TV. Calling it OLD SCHOOL night. Sgt Slaughter, Iron Shiek, Jim Duggan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes, and Jimmy Snuka. Along with some of the current guys. Supposed to be no pyro, etc. Just a ring and railing. Oh Yeaaaaah. Wink
   C L,    Word on the street is that Chocolate Town is taking a Big Hit, losing jobs...    Sad Sad Sad

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!

Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »

Nice job and pic's guys. 2thumbsup

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »

Looks like a real nice day you guys had...Great looking stove Thom.....And yes we should have a cook off next year....Thom you can use your boat stove and I'll use my pop up grill.. Grin Grin

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..
DoubledareDan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »

Nice.... very nice, hey thanks for sharing the pics!
Terrapin T
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »

Great pics Bob.  Thanks for posting them.

The "O" in that first pic was a tip of the hat to Wild Bill Haggey and an indicator of how we were doing till that point early on.

Had a lot of fun out there Mutz. That's one of my backpacking stoves.  If a "cook off" means getting friends, food, drink and stoves together for a good time, I'm all in.   Wink

KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »

and maybe a wheelchair ramp for them old-timers

Crabbing: A game of pinches.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home