December 11, 2019, 11:25:30 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: register for the now mandatory NOOA liscence NOW !!  (Read 4333 times)
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:54:31 PM »

If you register before the end of the year you will not have to pay the 15.00 fee thumbsup

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 10:08:45 PM »

done.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »

Just another BS way to tax us.  Angry  They don't give a Rats A$$ about the fish.  Angry

PS: Done.... Even tho I don't need to because I have a HMS permit.  That way I don't have to argue with some water cop... wall

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
jason22
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:27:02 AM »

Did mine at the beginning of the year, Game Wardens in NJ were actually checking them this past summer on LBI.

I have to say, it is pretty ridiculous that it has been free and now suddenly they want to charge for it, very fishy

"It is what it is"
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »

Stupid question, 

My current registration expires on 04/01/2011 Just tried to re-register which i was not allowed to do. The prompt said i can only re-register 30 days from my expiration date which is after January 1st 2011.

Does that mean come April 1st 2011 will I need to pay the $15.00 fee to be able to fish or just
re-register?

Jrccrab

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:59:21 PM by jrccrab » Logged

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »

Stupid question, 

My current registration expires on 04/01/2011 Just tried to re-register which i was not allowed to do. The prompt said i can only re-register 30 days from my expiration date which is after January 1st 2011.

Does that mean come April 1st 2011 will I need to pay the $15.00 fee to be able to fish or just
re-register?

Jrccrab

Strange..  I re-registered The Dragon this morning and her registrations expiration date is 6/13/11.... Did it on the Noaa website..

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 07:34:02 PM »

Stupid question,  

re-register?

Jrccrab

Phillyfireman, thanks for the heads up!

Just do a new registration.  I have one that expires in April, but it let me do a new registration with all the same info.  Must not be a smart system.  But I bet it will collect money just fine when the time comes!!!

23' C Hawk
anchor
Lifetime Member

stop being a lurker and make a donation

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 07:51:20 PM »

the reason your getting charged for it is because your state doesnt have a gfl---general fishing license. be thankful it was only 15.00 it was supposed to be 25.00, someone in congress had a heart on vote day.
Prospector

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »

Is this for Crabbing as well?
Solow
Lifetime Member

East Coast Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »

So If you don't got more than 3 miles off shore it is not needed? I am going to need clarification on this. Now if I travel to another state would I then need it?

Skiff
Lifetime Member

The shanty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 05:16:45 PM »

So If you don't got more than 3 miles off shore it is not needed? I am going to need clarification on this. Now if I travel to another state would I then need it?
In Delaware you have to get license and or a Fin # from Delaware before you can fish,  Maryland just added the same.  If i have a maryland boat sportmans license I am covered but if you are fishing in my boat you will have to get a # starting this year  In New jeresy You do not need it if you are just crabbing or fishing for fluke  It is the stripers and herring, seabass that you have to one for or any fish past the three mile mark.   So I fish in all three states So I have to get two  fishing license Maryland/delaware have to get a fin # in the same two states and have to regiester with NOAA for new jeresy Talking about big goverment 

Beer... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:55:57 PM »

So... I'm registered in MD.  I'm registered in VA. I'm registered with NOAA.  I don't need to register with NOAA in the first place cause I have HMS Permit.  Do I have to register in NJ if I come up to fish wit u's? wall  Does NOAA know they are all me?  OR.. Do they thick there are 4+ fishermen when there is only me.. I'm so confused.  Plus now I got to register all my guests.  They might fish a half hour off my pier... How does that count into how many Rec's are fishing?  Give me a break but I think it's just another way to sneak a tax in...  Angry

tugcapt

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 09:31:19 PM »

It's for Federal waters or for catching anadromous species in tidal waters.  That's why we needed it in the Chesapeake bay.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/aboutus/organization/who_needs_angler_registry.html

Honorary Chesapeake Spudman
crabbit

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »

So... I'm registered in MD.  I'm registered in VA. I'm registered with NOAA.  I don't need to register with NOAA in the first place cause I have HMS Permit.  Do I have to register in NJ if I come up to fish wit u's? wall  Does NOAA know they are all me?  OR.. Do they thick there are 4+ fishermen when there is only me.. I'm so confused.  Plus now I got to register all my guests.  They might fish a half hour off my pier... How does that count into how many Rec's are fishing?  Give me a break but I think it's just another way to sneak a tax in...  Angry

If you have a HMS or a Saltwater License in from another state you are covered.  I am covered because I buy a MD sportsman's Boat  license and and an HMS but what I want to know is are the people who have to register for free in MD to fish on my boat are covered in New Jersey.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your crabs but you can't pick your friend's crabs!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home