February 22, 2019, 03:29:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost 2 for 2 Saturday before I even touch my muzzleloader  (Read 1462 times)
Big Liar

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »

While heading out to goose hunt in the morning, just missed a nice 6pt. sika stag that stepped out in the road in front of me. Shocked  Road was snow and ice covered so stopping was not posible.  Luckily he stopped at the center of the road and I just missed his head (6 inches) as I passed just in front of him. 

Shoot our limit of geese and head back to town.  In town while following a car, a big doe jump out of the ditch in to the side of the car that I was behind.  Deer falls in the center of the road as the car stops just past the deer.  Deer crying and spinning in road, so I grab my hunting knife and put the deer out of it's missery.  Check on the young girls in the car and told them to call cops so she has a report for her insurance.  I then walk back to check on the deer and direct trafic around the vehichles.  Another hunter pulls up and is willing to take the deer.  Load deer in to his truck as cop write report for the girl driving the car.  I then give cop my info (just in case) before heading off to dump corn in the woods and the proceed to hunt sikas in the afternoon.

There no wonder I don't see as many deer in the woods, they are all on the roads.

Just one of the few bad apples that keeps wizzing in the MSSA's and TF's milk.  Not because I have violations (because I don't'), but because I'm catching the resources that they claim to own and have more rights to.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »

Good story but I do not know if I would just kill a deer with my knife. Not that I couldn't but I would be a little worried that the deer would jump up and kick me. I do not want to be laying next to the deer waiting for the ambulance to come pick me up from the road. Not to mention everyone making fun of me. Guess who got their a** kicked by a deer that could hardly fight back.  laugh Glad your safe and everything went well.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:24:01 PM »

If your having problems with not seeing deer in the woods, but on the roads, have a friend drive a vehicle back and forth in the field.  Sit in a treestand and wait for the deer to run out in front of the vehicle.  Pop em before they get there.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »

If your having problems with not seeing deer in the woods, but on the roads, have a friend drive a vehicle back and forth in the field.  Sit in a treestand and wait for the deer to run out in front of the vehicle.  Pop em before they get there.

laugh I never understood why you need a gun and hundreds of $ worth of gear to hunt deer... they're everywhere, some already dead... and they're attracted to front bumpers!  Same thing with geese on the ES...  laugh laugh

Git 'r dun!
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 01:33:30 PM »

Good story but I do not know if I would just kill a deer with my knife. Not that I couldn't but I would be a little worried that the deer would jump up and kick me. I do not want to be laying next to the deer waiting for the ambulance to come pick me up from the road. Not to mention everyone making fun of me. Guess who got their a** kicked by a deer that could hardly fight back.  laugh Glad your safe and everything went well.

Normally I would have shot it.  More safe and a quicker kill, but this was in town limits so that was out of the question.  Believe me, I approached the doe carefully.  Having grown up on a farm around cattle and horses, it's not like I'm unexperienced with animals.  I'm not quite as brave as Steve Irwin was, (see this 500lb crock - one of the most dangerous animals in the world that could bite my head off with one chomp,  LETS POKE HIM WITH A STICK  Grin) but I do alright.

Just one of the few bad apples that keeps wizzing in the MSSA's and TF's milk.  Not because I have violations (because I don't'), but because I'm catching the resources that they claim to own and have more rights to.

crabbingcraigy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 03:34:35 PM »

Mr ray that was a good one cant stop laughing
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »

While heading out to goose hunt in the morning, just missed a nice 6pt. sika stag that stepped out in the road in front of me. Shocked  Road was snow and ice covered so stopping was not posible.  Luckily he stopped at the center of the road and I just missed his head (6 inches) as I passed just in front of him. 

Shoot our limit of geese and head back to town.  In town while following a car, a big doe jump out of the ditch in to the side of the car that I was behind.  Deer falls in the center of the road as the car stops just past the deer.  Deer crying and spinning in road, so I grab my hunting knife and put the deer out of it's missery.  Check on the young girls in the car and told them to call cops so she has a report for her insurance.  I then walk back to check on the deer and direct trafic around the vehichles.  Another hunter pulls up and is willing to take the deer.  Load deer in to his truck as cop write report for the girl driving the car.  I then give cop my info (just in case) before heading off to dump corn in the woods and the proceed to hunt sikas in the afternoon.

There no wonder I don't see as many deer in the woods, they are all on the roads.

Nice job big liar !! thumbsup   Good job representing us hunters !!(some people would of just drove by  Undecided 
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »

Why did you give it away if you were going deer hunting that evening?

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »

The next deer I get goes to a guy I work with.  (enough already in the freezer)  He told me that he did not want a deer that ran in to a car.  After that, I was glad that it was going to someone that would put it to good use. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home