October 13, 2019, 11:18:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes A Comming  (Read 13764 times)
thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »

that makes you wonder who REALLY set those nets!!!??
hoffmannconstruction

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 01:29:57 PM »

I am a lcc holder and have been since age 14 now at 33 with the economy in bad shape i rely on my crabbing to supplement my construction business and frankly don't know how i could survive nowadays without it. This catch shares stuff needs to be stopped now before it's too late!
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 02:08:34 PM »

Well you better upgrade.

Either that or start building houses for the BRAC people, cause that's all thats selling now.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 02:23:45 PM »

FROM THE ENVIORNMENTAL DEFENSE FUND WEBSITE "EDF"
In Maryland, it's been said, there's really only one environmental issue: the Bay.

The Bay, of course, is the Chesapeake Bay, the country's largest estuary and a natural wonder. Over the centuries, the Bay has given the people of the region a bountiful harvest: blue crabs, oysters, striped bass and more. The Bay is also a major staging area for millions of migrating ducks and geese along the Atlantic Flyway.

But in recent decades, the Bay has fallen on hard times. The once abundant oyster population has crashed. The iconic blue crab fishery, which supports hundreds of commercial "watermen," is also threatened. The culprits are farm chemical runoff, overdevelopment and air pollution from the Baltimore/Washington region.

EDF is expanding its work on the Chesapeake Bay, where two staffers will focus initially on blue crabs. Their goal: working with watermen and the state of Maryland to design a catch share program by 2013. Longer term, they will study other imperiled Bay fisheries for transition to catch shares, including striped bass, yellow perch and oysters.

According to Matt Mullin, who is directing our effort, "In Maryland, a popular tourist slogan says, 'Maryland is for crabs.' EDF is for even more: crabs, the watermen and productive Bay fisheries for years to come."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:26:40 PM by CRABGUY » Logged
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »

EDF SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF TREE HUGGINN PETA PEOLPE TO ME

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »

EDF SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF TREE HUGGINN PETA PEOLPE TO ME

I went to an EDF meeting when they came to my area.  They preach "We want what the watermen want", "This is for the watermen". 

I would bet when recs are listening, they don't say just that...

As long as they are paid....

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 04:02:03 PM »

In order to fix this: we need to get rid of O'Bumma, which means we then get rid of Lubchenco, which means we get rid of Schwaab AND the EDF. Problem solved!
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 04:18:16 PM »

In order to fix this: we need to get rid of O'Bumma, which means we then get rid of Lubchenco, which means we get rid of Schwaab AND the EDF. Problem solved!

Don't forget owemalley.

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »

Don't forget owemalley.

Owemalley can't run for gov again - but you can bet Mikulski will retire so Owemalley can take her spot in the Senate! Stay tuned, politics in Maryland just like always. When you've got one party rule they do what they want to.
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »

Don't forget owemalley.

owemalley wants to be president - he made that very public

he may settle for VP to start

CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »

GEE AND I THOUGHT Y-ALL HAD PROBLEMS WITH CCA AND PETA NOW YA GOT THE ENVIORNMENTAL DEFENSE FUND..........
ANY MORE NON PROFIT NON GOVERNMENTAL CHARITIES/ WANNA BE REGULATORY AGENCIES TRYING TO TELL YOU MARYLANDERS WHAT YOU NEED, AND HOW TO GET IT,
AND Y-ALL WILL QUALIFY FOR A HARDSHIP GRANT OR SOMTHING,
THEY ARE SMARTER THAN YOU  YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM ALL THE WAY TO THE POOR HOUSE
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »

The problem is: we have 23 counties and 1 city. Every election 21 counties vote one way - the other 2 counties and the city vote the opposite way - Guess who wins? There's something wrong with this system.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 08:00:38 PM »

Listen up.. I was on a citizens community council.. I quit and ran to VA.  You folks in MD will never, ever, have anything different. Look to CA., cause that's the next thing coming your way...... Sad. Your right. MGC and Baltimore/county will rule your life.  Get out now!  I serviced all the "Big" companies in Baltimore back in the late 60s.  They all left. Everyone.  Undecided

Had a problem with my car insurance the other day.  Turns out I didn't change my policy from MD to VA.  Was 1500 bucks in MD for one car.  Changes made, 2 cars in VA, twice the coverage, 800 bucks.  I knew how much I was getting screwed on Home Owners in MD but didn't think about car insurance.  House here... 3 times what we had in MD.  HOI here, 1/3 what we paid in MD. Leaving MD was the best thing I ever did... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in my pocket. Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 08:09:27 PM »

Once again, a telling paragraph that illustrates the incompetency within government agencies that can and will affect us all:

"On a number of occasions, Patricia Kurkul, NOAA's northeast regional director at its Gloucester office, has admitted that her agency was using knowingly incorrect landings data — due to software and data collection failures — in setting allocations for the groundfishery."

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »

GEE AND I THOUGHT Y-ALL HAD PROBLEMS WITH CCA AND PETA NOW YA GOT THE ENVIORNMENTAL DEFENSE FUND..........
ANY MORE NON PROFIT NON GOVERNMENTAL CHARITIES/ WANNA BE REGULATORY AGENCIES TRYING TO TELL YOU MARYLANDERS WHAT YOU NEED, AND HOW TO GET IT,
AND Y-ALL WILL QUALIFY FOR A HARDSHIP GRANT OR SOMTHING,
THEY ARE SMARTER THAN YOU  YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM ALL THE WAY TO THE POOR HOUSE

They have a $4 Billion budget to boot!

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »

Well, someone is going to have to do something. Looks like they're at least stepping up to try. Perhps one of you, should establish your own group and come up with ways to improve the bay and its' "bountiful harvests".

Not that I agree with them, but if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

jmo

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »

Watermen?! Organized?!  Not a chance.

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 09:04:59 PM »

Thats a shame.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »

YOU SHOULD ALL JOIN THE EDF
KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE
AND YOUR ENEMYS CLOSER
thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »

Well you better upgrade.

Either that or start building houses for the BRAC people, cause that's all thats selling now.
what are you saying, there going to eliminate the lcc license completely, or are they going to reduce an lcc's catch share to make it not even worth crabbing?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home