August 04, 2020, 07:27:10 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Crab Design Team  (Read 803 times)
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »

On Wednesday, March 2, the first of a series of meetings was held to establish goals and priorities within the industry.  I urge all of you who crab commercially in MD to get involved.  Larry Simns was suggesting "Crabbing Zones".  To you guy's who travel with your gear on trailers you should take note!  Not only those with trailered boats but also you big rig guys who follow the crab as they migrate up the bay and then back down.

I for one do not like what is taking place.  I hate being negative but I feel that we as watermen and women have been sold out.  No matter where EDF has gone with their "Catch Shares" smoke and mirrors has anything been positive.  So you have a panel of 15 principles and I believe 12 alternates, that are going to make decisions for YOU!  Out of 6,000 licensed crabbers roughly about 1,000 - 1,500 belong to an association.  That leaves the vast MAJORITY without a voice unless you become involved.  When the changes come down the pike and you don't like them, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

And as far as you recs are concerned, don't think you are going to come out of this unscathed.

Here is a link to the Blue Crab Design Team.   http://www.edf.org/documents/11598_MWA-EDF_Newsletter-March2011-WEB.pdf

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home