December 07, 2021, 06:51:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Time Crabbing in Avon  (Read 2616 times)
RossMan

« on: April 09, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »

Greetings all! I visit Hatteras Island almost every year. I would really like to try my hand at crabbing this year. I intend on using a string with chicken necks in the sound. I'll be staying in Avon from May 21st-28th. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on when to go, where to go, and any technique or different gear I should be using. Any advice or resources would be much appreciated! Let me know if you'll be around during this time. Love meeting new friends! Thanks all! 
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »

Greetings all! I visit Hatteras Island almost every year. I would really like to try my hand at crabbing this year. I intend on using a string with chicken necks in the sound. I'll be staying in Avon from May 21st-28th. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on when to go, where to go, and any technique or different gear I should be using. Any advice or resources would be much appreciated! Let me know if you'll be around during this time. Love meeting new friends! Thanks all!  

I've been goin to avon 12+ years....bring your rod and leave the crabbin stuff home.......unless you have a boat Wink  or you want to drive about an hour and a half back north to currituck area ...then you can buy them from Gene  Grin  my profile pic is from the avon pier Wink  had a surfer less than 100 yds from where I caught the shark...lmao

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
queue3

I Hate Crabs! I sell Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »

had a surfer less than 100 yds from where I caught the shark...lmao

Hope you threw him back. Surfers are C&R only in NC !

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home