December 05, 2021, 12:10:42 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June fishing and crabbing help.  (Read 1856 times)
double E

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:13:28 AM »

I will be heading to Hatteras the week of June 19th, and am looking for some info as far as to what type of fish are running at that time, from the surf and sound. I have always gone in October, but this will be my first time in June any help would be greatly appreciated. Also is crabbing any good down there this time of year or is the water to warm.
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »

I will be heading to Hatteras the week of June 19th, and am looking for some info as far as to what type of fish are running at that time, from the surf and sound. I have always gone in October, but this will be my first time in June any help would be greatly appreciated. Also is crabbing any good down there this time of year or is the water to warm.

forget the crabbing....concentrate on fishing....

fish the ferry channels around markers 16, 17 and 18 down to the inlet.....tons of flounder in there at that time Wink

Im jealous of your hatteras stay....im leavin for corolla on saturday.....wish I was stayin WAY further south but I cant bitch to much about a free stay ..

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
double E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »

I would be in corolla to if free. Do you know if the pompano are around thin, in the surf. I will have my 8 year old with me and am thinking he will probably want to be at the beach alot and figured pompano would make for some good fishing he can handle. Also he has always wanted to go off shore and was thinking about the miss Hatteras for a day. In October we usually go off shore on the miss Hatteras and just kill snapper and triggers, but not sure if it is the same in June.
 Thanks for the info on the flounder I just might take my carolina skiff, and weather pending try the flounder fishing out.
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:10:37 PM »

if you are stayin " down" the island def take the boat...flounder, trout, cobia will all be there...we only caught 1 pompano in 15 years there...lots of sharks, mullet, blues , flounder and trout usually keep us busy...right now the kings are startin to show and the spanish are there too...i plan on bein out first light to do my flounder thing on the surf.

was just asked to stay an extra week in nags head cause a couple paid and backed out leavin an empty room for a week.....wish I didnt have to go back to work or I'd stay for another week.. Embarassed..

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
double E

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:10:56 AM »

I would definitely like to take the boat, but we are staying at the Hatteras cabanas and not sure if there is room for the boat and truck I will be calling them today to find out. The other thing is I have never been to the sound in a boat and I will have my 8 year old and my buddy with me so I am a little nervous with the little one on the boat. I hear there are alot of shallows all over the place out there.

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »

flounder, seatrout and weakfish also red drum and croaker.  Cobia migration si about over by then for inshore... tuna is about done also... mahi mahi and billfish and wahoo is good off shore... for crabs go see Gene the crab man   Wink

MD / PA Line

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home