September 17, 2019, 07:26:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tred Avon  (Read 2003 times)
Crabbytrooper

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2003, 06:26:07 PM »

Went out again yesterday.  Pre dawn rain AGAIN.  Easton Marina was packed.  Trailers lined up half way to the Parkway.  On the water 5:30am, six hours, (30) traps and only (17) crabs.  All door to door though.  Talked to a few other die hards, each 3000' foot liners,  only a few dozen each.  Haven't  seen it this bad in (15) years. TOO MUCH FRESH WATER!!!!  We need SALT, SALT, SALT like Jimmy Buffett says.  I'm back out tomorrow before the mid week rain arrives.  Can't catch'em on the couch.  Stopped at the Wye on my way north.  Packed as you would expect for a Saturday.  Most of the reports were poor.   Stay Safe.
Crabbytrooper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 08:12:13 PM »

Back on the Tred Avon today.  What a difference a few days makes.   Busheled up and out by 10:00am.  All big crabs.  No throw backs.  The Marina was empty.  White caps on the big water by mid morning.  Here comes the rain.  So much for the rest of the week.   Catch ya after the storms boys.  Stay Safe.  
Howard

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 03:32:06 PM »

Crabbytrooper:

Ain't that something now?  Some days you never know with these critters.  I remember about 3 years ago at th Wye I was busting em right and left ( 5-7 a run on my 350 ft trot line) and had a bushel before 9 am.

As I was leaving my crabbing spot, I passed three boats that were just across the river and asked them how they were doing.  No one had more then 5 crabs in their basket!  Go figure....

Good luck and be safe out there!

R/Howard
Crabbytrooper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 05:58:11 AM »

Howard:  What really impressed me was the size of these T/Avon river crabs.  All 7 incher's.  I usually see nothing but cookie cutter 5 1/2" crabs from this river.  And ALL Jimmies.  Wow it's a late start.  The way things are goin' we'll be feastin' on crabs for Thanksgiving.  Sounds good to me, don't ya think?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home