August 18, 2018, 01:51:52 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab Picking Companies Struggling as Season Continues Without H-2B Visa Workers  (Read 872 times)
Crabbyd and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 10:57:49 PM »

just stick with the welfare bums.

First day on the job and they'll fake a slip on some crab guts. Lawsuits galore.

Crabbing: A game of pinches.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 11:30:27 PM »

well then shut down the plants. It sounds like there's no solution.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »

Another week goes by.
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 10:58:10 AM »

OK, how about this??...No picked crabs this year!!!....That is, Md/Va etc crabs....IF you want picked, do as I AND probably most here do AND pick your own....It is that simple...Plus, then they don't really need all the comm caught crabs???...Take a year or 2 with no comm crabs???...I, while it sounds good, know that all aint working, so....btw, I have NOT had a crab this year, I believe...I 'think' I'll make it till next year, IF I don't have any either( bigcry bigcry), but...

btw:....I never did get a 'idea' of just what these 'pickers' get paid nowadays??....I can understand that you CAN'T pick as fast as someone that's done it for years, but there should be a starting wage(?) and a journeyman wage, no???...Not sure someone would work for $1/lb, even starting out...

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2018, 01:36:49 PM »

Democrats would never vote it in. They would say it is cruel and inhumane punishment. Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelozzi, Maxine Watters, Al Sharpton. They would have a fit.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:49:28 PM by Neither Crab » Logged

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »

on the hook, how bout this , no rec crabbin in md state waters for 2 years? there are far more rec crabbers in md waters then comm. Then the majority of pepole who eat picked crab meet will find a way to get the job done since i'm sure there are more peple who don't crab and don't want to crab that consume picked crab meat.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »

I see the same sh-it crab meat in containers not getting sold, daily.

Crab meat isn't flying off the shelfs....so, here its mid august and the sky hasn't fell.

The crab industry hasnt collapsed because these pickers didnt get their visas.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 10:00:05 PM »

on the hook, how bout this , no rec crabbin in md state waters for 2 years? there are far more rec crabbers in md waters then comm. Then the majority of pepole who eat picked crab meet will find a way to get the job done since i'm sure there are more peple who don't crab and don't want to crab that consume picked crab meat.
You just love starting this argument, don't you?
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »

LMAO....Basically, that is what I said..Still, imo, the comm catches way more than the rec....The rec crabbers WILL pick their OWN....The comm, I don't think so...Follow??....Sooooo....If the rec wants crab meat, HE WILL pick it....The 'people', as you say WON'T, hence no comm crabs...Follow??...btw, the comms ARE selling their catch now, no???

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 06:43:40 AM »

Another week goes by, how many crab picking houses have closed by now.  Probably none, the beat goes on.

soggybottomboyz

Obama SUCKS

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »

The sky is falling!!

"I am the reason there is a daily limit and I do not use orange plastic baskets ALL the time".
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 04:19:40 PM »

Changes to the H-2B visa program have left about a third of crab-picking jobs unfilled, pushing one business owner to consider moving his facility to Mexico.

https://wapo.st/2vQz4tr

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 06:13:48 PM »

If they can't run their business in America without importing foreign workers, and decide to leave and go to Mexico or elsewhere, so be it.
They're going to have to have product to pick, do the Mexicans catch crabs to supply the operation? How much money are they going to make when we hit them with the tariffs that we should have been hitting them with for years? Like the President has said, there is going to be some short term pain in order to secure the long term gain that we have allowed to erode for so many years. We have been the patsy's for most of the World for a long time. Hopefully the new sheriff can get things straightened out.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 06:52:35 PM »

Mexico?

Well........bye!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 07:55:15 PM »

Changes to the H-2B visa program have left about a third of crab-picking jobs unfilled, pushing one business owner to consider moving his facility to Mexico.

https://wapo.st/2vQz4tr

He's not going to Mexico, they will kill him down there. Unless he makes a deal with the drug lords.  A pound of crabmeat with something  extra to go with it. LOL

I guess another week will go by.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home