July 15, 2019, 04:50:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OC NJ Boat ramps and Parking  (Read 2124 times)
Water Bug

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2005, 06:23:02 PM »

Heading to OC NJ in a couple weeks; but I am having trouble locating boat ramps and parking for the boat. I will only be there 2 days and may decide to drop traps from a bridge or pier; but I am not sure where to do that either.
Phillyguy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 10:29:48 AM »

I was down OC last week, got a year pass for the ramp $100, should have gotten the pre-season pass for $75. 

The airport has some sort of deal that includes parking and boat ramp pass.  Go to the Tenn ave ramp and ask the attendant, he should point you in the right direction.

I just parked the boat on the street, although I had 2 cars and left the one car attached to the boat.  I parked mostly in the 13-14 and Haven area.

If you are staying down the south end, you can use the Corsen ramp, it is run by the state.  I know they charge, but I don't know how much.  I don't like Corsen because of the BUGS, no dock and the traffic.  You have to beach your boat to let family on.  Tenn Ave has a dock that makes life easer.

Their are a few FREE spots around, but I never used them.

If you want to drop traps, you can go to the public pier around 12 and the bay, (may be 13 or 14, I can never get it right).  Their is also a pier under the OC side of the 34th street bridge.  Some people walk through the marsh back by YESTERDAYS.

Good luck and let us know how you do

Phillyguy
Water Bug

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 12:24:45 PM »

Thanks for the help!
30-A rider

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 05:27:44 PM »

If you havent left for OC NJ yet I would suggest heading just south a few miles to Stone Harbor.  They have a pubic boat rampo that is super clean, with hoses to flush the engine out .  The ramp is all concrete and last I was there it was $10 for the day with plenty of parking available or on the street.  Just beware of course of tides cause if yo have a large boat it can get tricky at low tide.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home