May 22, 2018, 09:46:35 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Crab Industry Design Team  (Read 27505 times)
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »

Gene another question, i sell direct to the public,if everyone has to sell to a dealer i couldn't make it. how do you sell to the pulic if you guys are on the trip ticket plan? i thought i seen you advertise on craigs list .

I'm pretty sure Gene is a dealer. 

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »

Gene another question, i sell direct to the public,if everyone has to sell to a dealer i couldn't make it. how do you sell to the pulic if you guys are on the trip ticket plan? i thought i seen you advertise on craigs list .

You can purchase a dealer License, then you have to do the paper work each day you crab..I was a bit Leary when NC started the trip ticket program in the late 80's...But it's been a good thing..I can go back 20 years and check my landings,I can get a print out from the state of how many fish,crabs and oysters I've sold.. That shows who is working and who ain't working....I'd push a trip ticket program and get accurate numbers,Too see just who is catching what,and then tell EDF to take a Hike...JMO Wink
still fishing

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

Here are some quotes from Design Team members.

1)Have requirement that LCC license holders have to take off either Saturday or Sunday
   They have jobs during the week and help glut market on weekends.

2)LCC crabbers are typically recreational.

3)Crabbers should be full time waterman only.

BTW.... The design team does not have a LCC licensee on the board.

wow I have a TWIN !
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »

wow I have a TWIN !

Your still the EVIL TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
reds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »

A dealers license is $150 and another report would be required every month. Wink

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »

A dealers license is $150 and another report would be required every month. Wink
Grin  You guys need to come work for me for a week... 150 a month..  laugh laugh laugh Try 10,000+ a week.  Grin Man you guys need to grow up....  If you do it cause ya love it.. So be it.  If ya do it to make a living, then get like Maddox and the big guys... [curd]. They run 1000's of pots. 150 bucks.  laugh laugh
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:43:12 PM by jack1747 » Logged

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »

What are they spending $10,000 a week on? 

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
reds

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 01:00:10 AM »

Grin  You guys need to come work for me for a week... 150 a month..  laugh laugh laugh Try 10,000+ a week.  Grin Man you guys need to grow up....  If you do it cause ya love it.. So be it.  If ya do it to make a living, then get like Maddox and the big guys... [curd]. They run 1000's of pots. 150 bucks.  laugh laugh

Memo to self. Don't be sarcastic. Even if he is.

Jack.
The $150 is the cost of a dealers license per year. Which allows a person to buy and sell others seafood in Maryland.
Maryland requires a monthly report on transactions. Have a good day.
Dip Master

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »

What a joke, I sure hope catch shares dont come here. Seems to me that you would have to be full time or no time. Does not seem right to me. Just because part time crabbers who hold a LCC have another mean of income does not make them any less then a full time.
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 03:54:09 AM »

Rich, how did it go with the representation letters, and what happened at the Aug. meeting?

Mikie, at the August meeting time was spent discussing how the design team could become more representative of the industry, and not just represent those who choose to be a member of the association.  The design team has decided that two at large seats will be created and that a postcard is to be sent to all licenseholders asking for the name of the person that each would like to represent thier interests at the meeting.  The postcard is to go in the mail this week sometime and will require entering the name on the card and returning it.  The two people with the most write-ins will be seated at the table.  Any other votes of confidence will not be accepted, so it looks like I wasted the time of everyone who sent the authorizations of representation.  Thanks, everyone, and I'm sorry for the waste of time.  I would ask that those who returned the authorizations  also return the postcard with my name written in.
I am active in other areas of the crab fishery management, (TFAC and Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee), and would like to further my involvement with a seat on the design team.

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee

Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 04:12:39 AM »

come on now, you are using some of the same tactics the DNR uses when talking about crabbing lic....you dag on well there are not 6000 commercial waterman crabbing on the bay, I would be willing to bet there aren't 600 out of 6000 lic.   that are commercial crabbers if there are more where are all of these commercial crabbers at......

another number that would be interesting to know is just how many active commercial crabbers does the MWA actually have as members...I think it is much lower than they are willing to admit....so who is the MWA actually representing?Huh?

In order to be a full member of the cbcfa you have to have a comm lic, which i think is a great idea

A healthy debate on a public forum is one of the best ways to get the word out...all commercial waterman should be on the same side not divided into many different groups

Big red,  Are you saying that those who do not crab regularly, but hold a commercial license, should not be represented?  I'm of the opinion that a commecial license holder should continue to be authorized to harvest an amount of crabs that will allow him/her to be profitable, and not be subject to restrictions and regulations which would put him/her out of the fishery, whether or not they have crabbed actively in the past.  The part timers make up the larger portion of the fishery, whether the full timers like it or not.

My 6000 number may have been flawed.  I didn't account for the licenses that were bought back by the department.  If I remember, I'll call and get an updated number today.  Don't hold me to it though, because I suffer from a bad case of CRS (can't remember shlt)

Yes, a healthy debate is good for the fishery.  I look forward to discussing your representation on the design team later.  Right now, I've got a boat to run laugh and crabs to catch Grin, and pots to clean Cry

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »

What are they spending $10,000 a week on? 

oops... one to many 0's...  1000 a week on just advertising... Cool

Memo to self. Don't be sarcastic. Even if he is.

Jack.
The $150 is the cost of a dealers license per year. Which allows a person to buy and sell others seafood in Maryland.
Maryland requires a monthly report on transactions. Have a good day.
That makes me laugh even more.  Sorry Red but hearing business men complain about having to spend money to make money is funny to me. Smiley  It's just the cost of doing business.  And... It's a deduction. I like deductions. Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 11:03:56 AM »

Anyone wishing for me to represent the independent watermen, I would be willing to attend and represent your voices.

Do you really want a guy who taxed the rain in the White House?
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 11:18:29 AM »

so the 2 seats to be filled should be breeze and slayer, sounds like a good combination for the independents.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »

both of you should post your full names and what ever other info this post card will ask for. please start with your credit card #s.

genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 04:32:40 PM »

both of you should post your full names and what ever other info this post card will ask for. please start with your credit card #s.

And don't forget the 3 digit number on the back...
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »

Anyone wishing for me to represent the independent watermen, I would be willing to attend and represent your voices.

I wish you were in North Carolina............I'd Hire you.... Kiss
big red

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »

what I meant to say is that there are 2 main methods of crabbing,,, pots trotline  these methods are being represented.....
I dont think the who or the where should make a difference

and my number of 600 may be a little low, you figure a lot of boats hve 2 or 3 lic per boat....ishould have said that there arent 600 commercial crabbing boats working the bay on any given day

I here you about the dirty pots  Tongue  I think flexabar should refund some money  cause it hasnt done its job to keep the hair off this summer
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »

what I meant to say is that there are 2 main methods of crabbing,,, pots trotline  these methods are being represented.....

and my number of 600 may be a little low, you figure a lot of boats hve 2 or 3 lic per boat....ishould have said that there arent 600 commercial crabbing boats working the bay on any given day

I here you about the dirty pots  Tongue  I think flexabar should refund some money  cause it hasnt done its job to keep the hair off this summer

The WHO and the WHERE will make a big difference if they shut Sook Crabbing down, the Upper Bay won't hardly give a [curd]....Lower Bay will be Hurting...You should know that if your a potter...
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 10:42:18 PM »

Everyone that holds a commercial license should have had the same opportunity to be on the design team and to have a vote in who will represent them. If they choose not to participate so be it, but it should be their choice.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home