October 16, 2018, 11:42:44 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Crab Industry Design Team  (Read 28507 times)
Big Liar

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »

I agree 100%.  I replied to their website with the same msg and also wrote it on the voting postcard.  The problem is that if you read the minutes from the first couple of meetings:  It appears that EDF is the only thing that matters.  The DNR encourages Maryland crabbers to work with EDF, but if they choose not to work with EDF - then the crabbers are encouraged to go take a hike.  (Not the other way around)

Just one of the few bad apples that keeps wizzing in the MSSA's and TF's milk.  Not because I have violations (because I don't'), but because I'm catching the resources that they claim to own and have more rights to.
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »

I agree 100%.  I replied to their website with the same msg and also wrote it on the voting postcard.  The problem is that if you read the minutes from the first couple of meetings:  It appears that EDF is the only thing that matters.  The DNR encourages Maryland crabbers to work with EDF, but if they choose not to work with EDF - then the crabbers are encouraged to go take a hike.  (Not the other way around)

Grant Money keeps these guys  RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check  some of the Sites...It's all about Politics and BUTT KISSING............check the Sea Grant Sites...The same Names keeping popping up time and time again........The Waterman will be pushed into a corner and  in the end be BLAMED for what EDF does...Thats the way things will work... Wink
Once they get Catch Shares, it will be very easy to reduce the catches year after year until you won't be able to make and money at all...Look what the State of Maryland has done to the Oyster Bottoms..........They'll take Crabbing away just as fast and easy,if you Watermen allow them too........If you know any Snapper/Grouper or Black Sea Bass Fishermen, ask them how shares work......Most of them are out of Business............JMO
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »

Grant Money keeps these guys  RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check  some of the Sites...It's all about Politics and BUTT KISSING............check the Sea Grant Sites...The same Names keeping popping up time and time again........The Waterman will be pushed into a corner and  in the end be BLAMED for what EDF does...Thats the way things will work... Wink
Once they get Catch Shares, it will be very easy to reduce the catches year after year until you won't be able to make and money at all...Look what the State of Maryland has done to the Oyster Bottoms..........They'll take Crabbing away just as fast and easy,if you Watermen allow them too........If you know any Snapper/Grouper or Black Sea Bass Fishermen, ask them how shares work......Most of them are out of Business............JMO

Gene, it's not "Catch Shares" anymore.  It's Alternative Fisheries Management.  Same concept new name since they took heat when congress defunded catch shares.

Btw, Tom...remind me when my boat is sinking and I can't get to my life vest not to flag you down for assistance.  I'd rather drown then to accept help from you especially for not knowing what happened to me last week.

Do you really want a guy who taxed the rain in the White House?
SlickCam

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »

Any word on the voting and who is going to be added to the design team?  Also, anyone buying the message on watermanway.com from the design team about not pursuing catch shares??? I'm just skeptical I guess.  I'm not opposed to change, but catch shares are not the answer for us.   
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »

Any word on the voting and who is going to be added to the design team?  Also, anyone buying the message on watermanway.com from the design team about not pursuing catch shares??? I'm just skeptical I guess.  I'm not opposed to change, but catch shares are not the answer for us.   

Agreed that catch shares will not work in the MD Blue Crab fishery.  There is room for improvement in the management of the fishery, however, and pieces of different programs from around the world can be looked at and evaluated.  No word yet on the at large winners, but te votes are being tallied.

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee

reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 04:45:33 PM »

I heard our buddy Gene from NC, got a mention as an addition to the design team. The powers that be said no, to even tempered. Grin
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »

I heard our buddy Gene from NC, got a mention as an addition to the design team. The powers that be said no, to even tempered. Grin

I would asked for the EDF Group to be Kicked Out at the first Meeting, Reds............Then we could discuss something more reasonable..As long as they're a "Part" of the Gang, thats what I'm sure they want...And thanks for the Mention Guys......... Grin
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »

Agreed that catch shares will not work in the MD Blue Crab fishery.  There is room for improvement in the management of the fishery, however, and pieces of different programs from around the world can be looked at and evaluated.  No word yet on the at large winners, but te votes are being tallied.

Thanks to all who sent the postcard back with my name on it.  Got a call today saying that I was elected to one of the at-large seats.  Danny Beck got the other one.

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:48 AM »

Congrats Rich. What will you do with the rest of your spare time? Just kidding. I know you do alot to be part of the decicions being made for comm. crabbers and the industry. just say no to catchshares and any managment plan that will use those control dates and catch history that DNR has been pushing for.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »

Thanks to all who sent the postcard back with my name on it.  Got a call today saying that I was elected to one of the at-large seats.  Danny Beck got the other one.

Hmmmm. Danny Beck belongs to the MWA.

Independent Huh?

Sure covers all the bases. 6000 licenses. 14 members to represent 15 percent of them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:27:40 AM by reds » Logged

overdrive

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27:50 AM »

Im a lcc holder, how do i get on bord? Anyone with any info please email me!
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »

Too late to get onboard but anyone can attend the meetings and make comments i think, go to watermansway.com.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »

Im a lcc holder, how do i get on bord? Anyone with any info please email me!

Haha the voting happend a WHILE ago.  If your just tuning in, I don't think many people would want you to represent them. 

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »

Haha the voting happend a WHILE ago.  If your just tuning in, I don't think many people would want you to represent them.  

He has no vote, and the representation he gets or is so called going to get is shat, especially when cuts happen again  or shares happen, then it will be everyone on that board  holding the "big boy license" driving the bus right over every LCC holder all over again. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:12:21 PM by Summertop » Logged
decapod

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »

There was a kid that wanted to crab.  Did the app. program   with a  crabber  n his area.  got a lic.   then the guy he had worked for tore his boat up n nov. with his pots out. the kid lends the guy his boat to use for a month no strings   no charge      to help him   this spring the 18 yr old  kid  gets  a visit from  the state of MD because  he was tryn to sell his softcrabs out of the house.  Can you believe that it was the guy he let use his boat  that he helped   that put the state on him    and called the state   over  and  over to try to run this kid out of bussiness.  This bothers me very much. 

Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »

There was a kid that wanted to crab.  Did the app. program   with a  crabber  n his area.  got a lic.   then the guy he had worked for tore his boat up n nov. with his pots out. the kid lends the guy his boat to use for a month no strings   no charge      to help him   this spring the 18 yr old  kid  gets  a visit from  the state of MD because  he was tryn to sell his softcrabs out of the house.  Can you believe that it was the guy he let use his boat  that he helped   that put the state on him    and called the state   over  and  over to try to run this kid out of bussiness.  This bothers me very much. 

Some people just never get it.................sad but true........!

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2011, 03:39:29 AM »

Decapod, you have been mis-informed.  Bmail me for the straight poop

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »

Decapod, you have been mis-informed.  Bmail me for the straight poop

Says the guy who drove the bus! laugh laugh laugh Shocked Shocked
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »