August 26, 2019, 05:07:41 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rolphs wharf 7/9/11  (Read 5897 times)
PHILLY JOE
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »

With the weather unstable early sat morning, decided to make an afternoon trip.

Got to Rolph's at noon (son,pinchy and myself) and after waiting to launch, headed to a spot given to us by a crabber that just came in with 2 packed bu. Dropped 30 traps with necks and started our runs. 14 first run, 13 then 9. after this, tide was near low and it was anywhere from 3- 8 per run. Shallow water  produced 1 so moved all traps to 6-10 ft. Did not have to measure many crabs. Much larger than 3 wks ago. By 3 or so, pretty much had the whole river to ourselves. Outgoing tide was very slow so the crabbing for us never picked up to a better  yield per run. Remainde at 3-8 per run with most at 6.

Ended the day with last pull at 5:30 pm with 1  1/4 bu nice jimmies. 92 total. largest was 7 3/4in. 

think I may stick with afternoon MD trips. Nice to get a great nite sleep (vs 0-2 hour) and then have a nice leasurly drive and have the whole river to ourselves. The extra rest also makes the long drive home much easier.

Good luck to all.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »

Thanks for the report . nice catch , one question , how do you put up with your son.  laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
crab assasin

8 7/8

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »

i have to agree.. i used to be a die hard tred avon crabber but living in upstate delaware i have to get up at 2 am to make the drive and hope to get a parking spot.. this year i made the trip once and then gave the chester  a try...i have been more than happy putting in at rolphs and knowing i will get a parking spot and knocking 45 more min each way off the trip and leaving the house at 7-8 am.. next month they will be hot in the elk and ill have a 15 min drive ...rant over lol

this site is very informative..well it used to be until everyone became greedy with the spots and upset about out of staters..some how i still sifted threw all the b.s here and caught the heck out of them biggest to date is 8 7/8
Crabby JD
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »

Hey Joe tell Pinchy I Said hi Joe from Birdsboro. Have not talked very much on the index since they screwed Pinchy. Glad you guys did well! Gave you guys a heads up a couple of years ago. You caught 2 bushel on the Chester River. Good Luck The Rest Of The Year!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »

Pinchy screwed himself.  Angry Angry

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 07:50:30 AM »

Pinchy screwed himself.  Angry Angry

I dont think so.  How exactly did he screw himself?  I think people can't accept people with different views.  He had an opinion that didnt coincide with most here?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »

I really don't think you know what you are talking about . Beleve me . he did it to himself . you have most likley only heard his side of the storie. There is a lot more to it.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »

I really don't think you know what you are talking about . Beleve me . he did it to himself . you have most likley only heard his side of the storie. There is a lot more to it.

feel free to enlighten me then.  You can do it via b-mail.  I do know what I saw over and over from this board and how he was treated by some of the "great" members on here. I have no allegiance to him and only spoke with him a few times about some hotspots so my mind is open.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »

I met the fellow at the Wye once and he seemed fine to me - we all have our beliefs and opinions - he would not tell me what got him booted other then a difference of opinions - which I find was in good character cuase he could have condemned everyone if he wanted too.

I had just gotten on the Forum before he was booted.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »

Believe half of what you hear 2nd hand would make you a smarter man, unless of course you heard it directly from someone's mouth which I doubt... Wink

Now the search begins...

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »

Joe... Tell Cam I said hey...

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 10:10:49 AM »

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and give Pinchy a reprieve.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:25:38 AM »

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and give Pinchy a reprieve.

thumbsup thumbsup

We all make mistakes.

Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 11:15:43 AM »

thumbsup thumbsup

We all make mistakes.

I think I might have been a mistake Grin Parents Married in Feb 52, I was born Nov. 52. Hey it just proves some mistakes are good ones. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »

Just in time for the upcoming full moon event! Grin

Now the search begins...

MoreOldBay

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »

Come on guys lets not turn this place into Tidalfish.com  Sad  Thats why I left there to come here, too much back biting and soapbox keyboard bullies.  I cant stand that BS.  Now back to crabbing....
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 12:09:16 PM »

Come on guys lets not turn this place into Tidalfish.com  Sad  Thats why I left there to come here, too much back biting and soapbox keyboard bullies.  I cant stand that BS.  Now back to crabbing....

I agree. Let's move on.
crab_clam

You can't catch 'em from home!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »

Vote for Pinchy.

JP
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »

Just in time for the upcoming full moon event! Grin

I was just thinking the same thing ST,  Grin Hey I had no hard feelings for him.. didn't know the whole story and probably better I didn't ... I think most would be OK with having him back on here if you decide to..... Steve I think it is decent of you to extend the olive branch..... Cheesy

MD / PA Line
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »

I was just thinking the same thing ST,  Grin Hey I had no hard feelings for him.. didn't know the whole story and probably better I didn't ... I think most would be OK with having him back on here if you decide to..... Steve I think it is decent of you to extend the olive branch..... Cheesy

The Boss said to move on....  So get moving mutt.... Angry   Smiley Grin laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home