November 12, 2019, 04:33:53 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Is Your Home Port ?  (Read 17932 times)
crabsrlicious

Wild crabber....bait em, catch em, eat em!!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2005, 01:37:48 PM »

I reside in Bear, Delaware and do my crabbing at the Wye, Tred, and once went down to cox creek.  I like to hop around a little.  I usually go once every two weeks, in August I'll try to go weekly.

Marg
FishingCW
Lifetime Member

FishingCW Loves Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2005, 03:18:26 PM »

I crab at PLO, OC, and the Hanover Street Bridge over by Middle Branch Park in Baltimore, Maryland. I live in Northwest Baltimore and prefer the Hanover Street Bridge because I am a non-boater and it’s an easy place to get to from the city but I hate the up-kept of this area.  I guess most people do not believe in preserving our natural resources, unlike me, especially in the inner city area. It’s a shame to see good crabbing spot go to the dogs and listen to people talk about how bad the cities and youths are when they do not try to help make a different. Instead it looks like they are trying to take away the places that can make different. ---Just my 2 cents. Grin

"Every Catch Is Big" 

><(((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´•...¸><(((º>¸.                       
•´¯`•.¸. , . .•`•.. ><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>
crabologist
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2005, 04:24:18 AM »

Live in Halethorpe (Arbutus) Md. , and crab at Crab Alley , Kent Narrows , The Magothy and wherever else I think I'll get them.....................

Live To Crab And Crab To Live !!!!
crab- crazy

185lb tuna Cabo San Lucas

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2005, 09:13:52 AM »

I live in  New Holland, Pa.  As a kid we spent summers crabbing in Stone Harbor and Sea Isle NJ.  Now I live further inland [ someone told me crabs were inland LOL ]   We recently discovered the Wye river, always hear the name but was never there until Now.....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:19:22 AM by crab- crazy » Logged
rivercrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2005, 05:11:15 PM »

I live in Elkridge and my boat is in the Harbor at middle branch marina.

hydro

A bad day crabbing beats a great day at work

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2005, 06:44:18 PM »

Live in Northeast Philly all my life. Started crabbing in Absecen (general NJ areas off  bridges ) Started crabbing again last year now crab at the Wye and any other place anyone is willin to take me  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Fish where ever and when ever I can in the tri state area.

Oh yea if I had to buy a tent and a 5ft peice of land to put it on, to get a license for crabbing in MD I would do it in a heart beat  Wink Wink Wink Wink
Thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2005, 08:51:33 PM »

Live near Harpers Ferry,WV and generally crab in the Bethany Beach area or during our yearly trek to the Northern neck of VA.
kajuncrabber
Lifetime Member

No place like on the water fishing Blue Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2005, 10:33:37 PM »

My home port is Montegut, Louisiana down near the gulf of Mexico. This is about 75 miles south of New Orleans,and about 15 miles south of Houma, Louisiana. I was born and raised down here and fish blue crabs everyday in the Wonder Lake, Lake Tombour, Lake Barre, and adjoining bayous. I love to eat crabs and think this is a very resourceful
site. I hope everyone has a nice day and keep eating crabs. Cheesy

Lets share the knowledge of Blue Crab fishing recreational or commercial and have a good ole time.
Thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2005, 06:04:26 AM »

My home port is Montegut, Louisiana down near the gulf of Mexico. This is about 75 miles south of New Orleans,and about 15 miles south of Houma, Louisiana. I was born and raised down here and fish blue crabs everyday in the Wonder Lake, Lake Tombour, Lake Barre, and adjoining bayous. I love to eat crabs and think this is a very resourceful
site. I hope everyone has a nice day and keep eating crabs. Cheesy

Kajun,

Do you steam or boil your crabs?

WV-Dave
kajuncrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2005, 01:59:26 PM »

Thoroughbred,     
            I eat them mostly boiled with Cajun spices, because that is the way it is done down here in Louisiana. We also use them in many Cajun dishes.  I have been reading, and steamed blue crabs is the way to go up north. I defiantly will try it soon and some advice on what to put in it would be helpful. I know of a few people that actually steams crabs down here but you most here about the big crabboils with seasonings and fixings.  I commercial fish blue crabs everyday so I should be able to try some steamed crabs soon. Thanks! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Lets share the knowledge of Blue Crab fishing recreational or commercial and have a good ole time.

Tuarus

WOW CRABS! WHAT COULD BE BETTER OH YEAH MORE CRABS

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2005, 02:24:53 PM »

KAJUN CHECK OUT THIS POST.  http://www.blue-crab.org/forum/index.php/topic,5152.msg52013.html#msg52013

New Britain, CT
kajuncrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2005, 11:49:30 PM »

Tuarus;
        So  Beer, Vinegar, and Joe#2 is the way to go with steaming big blue crabs. Sounds good but where can I get some Joe#2 down south. I dint remember seeing that in any store around here.  Huh Huh Huh

JBCrabber

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2005, 03:17:19 AM »

We live in Leola Pa., heart of Lancaster County. Whenever time permits we crab Indian River, Pax, Bush, Gunpowder, Elk River and the Bo when the reports look good.
hotelterp

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2005, 09:48:08 AM »

originally from arnold, md (grew up chickn neckn on round bay - severn river) now riside in catonsville md (west baltimore) which is way to far from crabbing, but after reading this thread, I feel lucky to be with in 1/2 hr of some of the best crabbin in the world!
Thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2005, 10:39:45 AM »

Tuarus;
        So  Beer, Vinegar, and Joe#2 is the way to go with steaming big blue crabs. Sounds good but where can I get some Joe#2 down south. I dint remember seeing that in any store around here.  Huh Huh Huh

I only use beer and water to steam mine plus Old Bay or JO's

You can buy both JO's or Old Bay online, search Google.  I would also think that with all the crab boils etc down your way you could find something.  Maybe put some liquid in with the beer and water and get some dry and mix with kosher salt and add that to the crabs before steaming.

I have also always wanted to try steaming mudbugs instead of having them boiled but I can't get them alive up here they are already boiled.  Should work as well as crabs.

kajuncrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2005, 07:46:59 PM »

Thanks for the info., and I will look on Google for the seasonings. I also will try mudbugs and shrimp the same way in the steamer for sure. kajun steamed seafood sunday.  Grin Grin

Thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2005, 07:53:23 PM »

Thanks for the info., and I will look on Google for the seasonings. I also will try mudbugs and shrimp the same way in the steamer for sure. kajun steamed seafood sunday.  Grin Grin

shrimp are great steamed but I will also boil them for 3 and 1/2 minutes only for 26-30's with no heads.
Tuarus

WOW CRABS! WHAT COULD BE BETTER OH YEAH MORE CRABS

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2005, 09:38:02 AM »

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE MUDBUGS  Huh

New Britain, CT
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2005, 10:43:39 AM »

I think they are CRAYFISH, am i right?

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
kajuncrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2005, 11:45:03 AM »

tattoo;
              You are right mudbugs are crawfish. A cajun name given to this seafood a long time ago, because they live in the mud and crawl like bugs.
             2thumbsup

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home