October 27, 2020, 02:34:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: us vs them  (Read 14718 times)
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2005, 10:45:40 PM »

Iv'e run into great Comm guys and Rec's and nasty Comm Guys and Rec's, it really comes down to people, good and bad you have them all over, it's a part of life we all have to deal with like it or not. Sad But the resources are free and shared and the Comm guys have more rights then the Rec's. If you take the attitude you are taking food out of someones mouth than sooner or later you will be buying only and no longer crabbing. Angry There are regulations set to avoid these confrontations and both sides need to abide by them. I for one would like to continue crabbing and see my grand children enjoy the same goods times I have. Both sides need to respect each others rights. People never seem to mention all the people that need to make a living off of the recreational guys, the bait places, boat rentals, and the gear sellers. What about their livelihoods?HuhHuh  Roll Eyes Wink Cool Cool

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2005, 11:11:50 PM »

That's a great story, I_Got_Crabs!  Heartwarming!  I'll tell you one thing...this guy I know who sells the crabs for so cheap in Delmar every Friday night...everybody hates him..he is a gruff, nasty guy!  But he and I get along so well because I admire what he does so much and offers us these crabs for so cheap...I haven't bought any from him this year yet because even at his great prices (which have gone up a bit due to gas prices)...I just LOVE this guy! I respect the hard work he does every day...but on the other hand, I don't crab anywhere where any other boats are.   I have never met any bad people on the water..and I do tend to stay away from everyone.  I don't like to be near people...there is enough water in this peninsula for everyone to have their own space! 

I am recreational, but I admire these guys for the hard work that they do...there is no reason why we can't all coexist...there is simply too much water out there, and I never have a problem finding "my own spot". 
This is a good post...and I am glad it didn't get too nasty!! lol
Janice
Dave Jr.

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2005, 08:42:21 AM »

I'll tell you this, I'm just glad the good Lord has given us crabs this year and he's keeping me and my family healthy enough to enjoy them.  "Kill them with kindness".
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2005, 11:09:09 AM »

"Don't Be A Crab, Or a Waterman Will Catch You"  Grin Grin Grin

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
Tuarus

WOW CRABS! WHAT COULD BE BETTER OH YEAH MORE CRABS

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2005, 01:48:23 PM »

NICELY SAID DAVE. Smiley

New Britain, CT

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home